1200 calorie girls

Options

Replies

• sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Not me! I prefer to retain my sanity, hair, and health for the rest of my life. :flowerforyou:

And my muscles! :)
  • ParaSempreAmor11
    ParaSempreAmor11 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I've been on a 1200 calorie goal for the past 2-3 years and it gets very easy. I eat oatmeal, eggs, cereal, tuna, chicken, meat, turkey, sweet potato, smoothies, salad, just LOTS of fruit and veggies, chocolate, jello, ice cream, bread, brownies, really just ANYTHING but smaller portions and of course the sweets its the low cal and low fat ones, you know just healthier verisons.. except the brownies but thats why you eat smaller portions so really you can eat ANYTHING just smaller portions :happy:
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure my dinner last date night was 1200 calories.

so?

You're hangry, you should eat more.

ugh, that term is so unfunny. wasn't funny the first time i heard it and isn't funny or creative the thousanth time. be a little more original next time. mmmmkay?
  • Melly7105
    Options
    I am, I was doing 1100 for a while, and even working out to give me more room for calories, its really not sustainable because the more you are working out, the more energy your body needs. sometimes even 1200 is not enough for what im burning. my foods vary and i try to have all parts of the macros included in the meal. Complex carbs, heathly fats and proteins. I am taking in more protein, but still keep good carbs and fats in the mix. It takes time to find the right foods that help you attain your goals. Everyone is different, but staying consistent is the key. Eating healthy give a more healthy you. We all have sweet tooths, and weak areas, but you have to tell yourself it will be worth it in the end, over time. If you eat a cookie or chocolate, don't beat yourself up, just get back on track. I seriously measure everything i eat, its become a habit for me, and its very simple. Somethings I can eye it out now.. I always try to prepare what i eat for the week on sunday... I eat lots of fruits, veggies, I do 50 cal string cheese (sargento light, frigo light, or WW have one), egg whites, and i do have a regular egg now and then. Lots of chicken, sweet potatoes, nuts like almonds cashews, fiberts(hazelnuts) (10 or so of nuts) , avocados ( 1/4 each time i have it) eat lots of salads, i use almond milk as my choice for milk, unsweeted- only 30 cals in 1 cup!, and i get the chocolate also to help satisfy my chocolate cravings. I am struggling myself, i want to lose about 10lbs, but I have built a lot of muscle , and its burns more allowing me to eat more, but still i keep it healthy majority of the time. I would be glad to help anyone who isnt sure what to eat, the best I can. you can message or friend me. as i've learned from others "Its not a diet, its a lifestyle. '
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    People are so high and mighty about how 1200 isn't enough and people should look at TDEE... well after I do the TDEE calculations, you take my number and subtract how much I burn from exercise and it's like I'm eating 1200 calories a day anyway (I would be if I didn't exercise), and that's at a 15% deficit, not even 20. Some people just don't need as many calories as others.

Anyway I do use the TDEE number because I like to stay consistent, but if I didn't exercise i would be at 1200, and I'm assuming everyone's eating back their exercise calories.

I eat a lot of chicken and cheese lol... just trying to stay away from the breads and pastas except on my long run days and I do pretty well. I tried to sub fruit for veggies too and that helps.
  • AngelsInThighHighs
    AngelsInThighHighs Posts: 247 Member
    Options

so?
    So can I join your club?!

if that's all you ate all day then yes.
    Oh come on, we all know you can't skip breakfast!

lmfao
  • Aviva92
    Options

so?
    So can I join your club?!

if that's all you ate all day then yes.
    Oh come on, we all know you can't skip breakfast!

uh k
  • meginki
    meginki Posts: 70
    Options
    I stick within 1200-1300 most days, so feel free to add me to check my diary out :)
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options

so?

ugh, that term is so unfunny. wasn't funny the first time i heard it and isn't funny or creative the thousanth time. be a little more original next time. mmmmkay?

She's hangry. For sure.
  • G30Grrl
    G30Grrl Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I do 1200 NET calories per day of mostly clean healthy foods. I eat back most of my workout calories, which means some days I may eat up to 1800 calories. This works for me, because I live a rather sedentary lifestyle at the moment (desk job in the winter), so I never feel like I am starving, but I am still steadily losing weight. Once I get fitter and leaner, I will increase my calories to something that reflects my new body and lifestyle.
  • chelseamom1
    chelseamom1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    im actually doing 1100 cals because I am a 3 year post op gastric surgery . if I ate all day long(on healthy stuff) i would just barely hit 1200.
  • Aviva92
    Options

so?

She's hangry. For sure.

angry yes, hungry no.
  • _granola
    _granola Posts: 326
    Options
    Not me! I prefer to retain my sanity, hair, and health for the rest of my life. :flowerforyou:

And my muscles! :)

Yes, muscles! Can't forget about those. I love my muscles.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

so?

Nobody said the term was funny; everyone knows it isn't original. Neither is this routine you have of showing up in threads just to pick fights.

Someone gave some information that you have chosen to ignore. Fine, no big deal. But don't act like it's a personal insult.
  • Aviva92
    Options

so?

Nobody said the term was funny; everyone knows it isn't original. Neither is this routine you have of showing up in threads just to pick fights.

Someone gave some information that you have chosen to ignore. Fine, no big deal. But don't act like it's a personal insult.

I don't show up to threads to pick fights. The arrogant people coming in here always telling the 1200 calorie people that they are doing it wrong are picking fights however.
  • Aviva92
    Options
    would you eat more police like it if the 1200 calorie people showed up in a person who is eating 1600 calories and told them to eat less even though they seemed to be perfectly fine just like the 1200 calorie people in this thread? i highly doubt it. it's trolling.
  • nataliescalories
    nataliescalories Posts: 292 Member
    Options

saw those too. quit it already. the sad realization thread was stupid. she's at a healthy body fat percentage now and just wants a reason to whine about nothing.

Yay Aviva!
  • crystal8208
    crystal8208 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    1200 calories makes me want to nibble on my friends, and my friends don't like when I walk off with their arms or legs. That and my work out would kill me...

I'm in love with this comment. :love: This is me at 1200. I'm not bashing anyone, if it works for you at 1200, Yay! But I think I'm too tall or something, but I'm homicidal at 1200 :explode: and this comment made me LOL. So I wanted to thank you for the giggle. :flowerforyou:
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options

so?

She's hangry. For sure.

angry yes, hungry no.

Why you so angry?
  • Aviva92
    Options

saw those too. quit it already. the sad realization thread was stupid. she's at a healthy body fat percentage now and just wants a reason to whine about nothing.

Yay Aviva!

:bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.