Married men answer this.........

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    This whole thing is a year 1-5 issue, IMO.

For sure. Young pride (and sometimes older pride) of men is misplaced at times.
  • bigphatcat
    bigphatcat Posts: 7,843 Member
    Yeah, it does....................................you're whipped!!

Mutual whipping anymore. Power in a relationship always falls with the person least in love at the time, and love wans and crests throughout the years. Interesting dynamic.

You know I agree with this 100%....The power styruggle does go back and forth
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Sounds like a lotta nagging going on at your houses. just sayin
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    The toilet seat, cleaning the house, having sex......................that about covers it.:laugh:

I do it her way in her bathroom. I do it my way in mine (the cold one in the basement).

If I want the house clean - I should do it myself. :) But having kids around fixes this one for a couple decades.

We both take what we want when we want it. ;)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    I'm pretty sure she wins most of these battles...the ones I do win, I usually don't feel like I've won because I've been so bloodied by the battle. There are a few things I won't budge on...but only a few.
  • Cassierocksalot
    Cassierocksalot Posts: 266 Member
    To be fair, I am convinced that I conform 100% of the time.... but so is my husband. That can't be right. So we must both be compromising. :huh:
  • thedescentofhope
    thedescentofhope Posts: 118 Member
    i dont know what i do, but i always make sure she thinks she won.

Best answer EVER lol
  • Vincentsz
    Vincentsz Posts: 407 Member
    First of all "Know Thyself!"

If you haven't figured out who YOU are then stay single and alone until you do! Save yourself the trouble of failed relationships!

Then choose someone who is compatible with you! Takes Time, a lot of time, my wife and I dated for 6 years before getting engaged and another year before marriage.

Then, Conformity or Compromise does not figure in so heavily.

Just a thought!
  • ariesldsgal
    ariesldsgal Posts: 73 Member
    My two cents on this topic (even though I am female): There are some things that others feel more passionately about then others. When you truly love someone, therefore caring more about who they are instead of attempting to win a disagreement, you recognize these things and try to accomodate as best as possible. It doesn't matter if you're male or female. When necessary some growth is needed on both sides. So let the small things go, they mean nothing in the long run; but for the big items definately hold true to your convictions. Marriage takes a lot of understanding and support from eachother. If you are keeping score about who is giving in (and who is winning) the success of your marriage/happiness is greatly diminshed.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    A happy wife is a happy life...right?

I like this guy ^ Yea, this guy is good. :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,894 Member
    Sounds like a lotta nagging going on at your houses. just sayin
    Nah. We've learned how to ignore nagging. The only time we hear is when the TV is off.:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • cryswest57
    cryswest57 Posts: 141 Member
    I don't really get this question. I'm not a married man, but I am a married woman. It comes down to "love and respect." If you don't love her then she disrespects you and vice versa. It is called the "crazy cycle." The only way to break it is to love her unconditionally even if she isn't doing her part in respecting you. As a woman, I can say that if you just love her regardless, she will highly likely have a change of heart and respect you. The same goes for the woman, if you are not loving her, she should still respect you, and hopefully you will have a change of heart and love her. The point is that the husband is to suppose to love his wife regardless, and the wife is supposed to respect her husband regardless. It is all about putting our pride aside and doing what we ought to do. I got this from the series, "Love and Respect." I think this is such a great series. Obviously, we should love and respect each other, but women often want to be loved, and men want to be respected.
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    In my experience, marriage is about give and take for both parties - or should be.
    Happiness doesn't lie in getting what you want but giving unconditionally.
    From the outside it may appear that I conform a lot, compromise a lot, but so does my wife. On closer inspection - many of our wants and needs are either the same or similar.
    kind regards,

Ben
  • ninerbuff
    To be fair, I am convinced that I conform 100% of the time.... but so is my husband. That can't be right. So we must both be compromising. :huh:
    You must not have kids yet.:laugh:

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Do you right or do you want to be happy? you can't have both

Pick your fights wisely most of em arent worth it.
  • ninerbuff
    First of all "Know Thyself!"

If you haven't figured out who YOU are then stay single and alone until you do! Save yourself the trouble of failed relationships!

Then choose someone who is compatible with you! Takes Time, a lot of time, my wife and I dated for 6 years before getting engaged and another year before marriage.

Then, Conformity or Compromise does not figure in so heavily.

Just a thought!
    Lol, you get to stay away for at least 24 hours every once in awhile!:laugh:

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    So let the small things go, they mean nothing in the long run
    :laugh: The majority of married men wish this could really happen.:laugh:

IDEA Fitness member
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    I used to conform 90%+...then one day I changed that... now I have an ex-wife HAHAHA :laugh:

That's funny but there's a lot of truth to that. I'm in the same boat, got sick of compromising and taking it in the *kitten* all the time.
    So let the small things go, they mean nothing in the long run
    :laugh: The majority of married men wish this could really happen.:laugh:

Unfortunately the small things can build up into bigger things over time. Sometimes certain small things can be worth talking about. It's better to talk about it when it's a pebble or small rock than when it's a boulder.
  • thats why I am not married
  • ninerbuff
    I don't really get this question. I'm not a married man
    Yeah, this is a dude's thing. Don't try to figure it out.:laugh:

IDEA Fitness member