Married men answer this.........

Options

Replies

• cryswest57
    cryswest57 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Haha there are videos too. I'm not sure; maybe some are on youtube? If you are interested, check it out. If not then that's okay.
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Warning - Femaile butting in...

Please compromise, not conform! Be an individual! Have passion about stuff! Have an opinion! If the women you are with is a confident, capable, individual she will appreciate it!
  • dfquigley
    Options
    Compromise at best.

Since we met, I was pretty hard on "you are who you are, I am who I am, if we like each other for that GREAT, otherwise, move on :p

We're still together! Happy too!

I don't "conform" and don't expect her to as well, but when it matters we can compromise.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,687 Member
    Options
    My husband got me a tshirt that says "I may not always be right, but I am Never ever wrong".
    Enought said? LOL,
    I need to get my wife that shirt!:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    A happy wife is a happy life...right?

I like this guy ^ Yea, this guy is good. :laugh: :flowerforyou:

This is the smartest man ever. He must be very happy. Would you teach my ding bat of a fiance the right way to be a man?

Also, there is no compromise on the toilet seat. DOWN! Just like a good boy, ha!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    My husband got me a tshirt that says "I may not always be right, but I am Never ever wrong".
    Enought said? LOL,
    This just made me wonder, if a husband saw that his wife was wrong about something on the internet, would that cause a paradox that would destroy the universe?
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    After reading this message board it's clear to me I've been doing something wrong my whole adult life. :noway: None of this sounds even vaguely familiar to my marriages (yes plural). I do lots of giving in. Which I don't generally mind. I make decisions on the stuff he doesn't care about anyway. I'll bet he'd say just about the same.

This thread reminds me of an episode from Rules of Engagement where the character Jeff is explaining compromise in marriage. It went something like this. 'You gotta compromise. For example, when we got married, Audrey wanted a cat, and I didn't want a cat, so we compromised, and we got a cat.' :laugh:

edited to correct a typo
  • GG70
    GG70 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it does....................................you're whipped!!

Mutual whipping anymore. Power in a relationship always falls with the person least in love at the time, and love wans and crests throughout the years. Interesting dynamic.

even though I am a married-like woman ( and also once divorced) I agree with this statement..
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,687 Member
    Options
    Compromise at best.

Since we met, I was pretty hard on "you are who you are, I am who I am, if we like each other for that GREAT, otherwise, move on :p

I don't "conform" and don't expect her to as well, but when it matters we can compromise.
    Lol, yeah marriage is a different story altogether.:laugh:

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • gailmelanie
    gailmelanie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Not sure what my husband would say about this. I'm sure we both think we are conforming sometimes and compromising sometimes. I tend to do what I want and expect him to tell me if he wants me to stop or change, and plenty of times he doesn't, so there's no way I can either conform or compromise in that situation. I am more forward and vocal about what I want or don't want and usually what I don't want is extreme behavior on his part, so when I tell him about it, he usually conforms. When he tells me what he wants or doesn't want, I usually give him what he wants unless it's insanely unreasonable, like asking me NOT to comply with fire prevention and safety measures when it comes to trees on our country property. I won't conform in that case and I don't what compromise there could be. Most of the time when he tells me something he doesn't want, that's how I decide if I conform or not. How reasonable is it, whatever it is? If it's reasonable, I usually conform.
  • GG70
    GG70 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Truth be told it is a little strange in our marriage. I get my way most all the time and am spoiled. I wear the pants in our family. Unless of course it is something she feels really strongly about in which case she always wins, so at the end of the day maybe she wears the pants and just lets me think I do! Like someone else on here said there are "no hills to die on" in my marriage. I am damn lucky to have her and at the end of the day if she lays down the law well then I just have to roll with it.

You are smart for thinking this way!!! Lucky wife to have a husband who respects her this way..
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    [/quote]The toilet seat, cleaning the house, having sex......................that about covers it.:laugh:

IDEA Fitness member

[/quote]

Really? That's it? I do all the cleaning, all the laundry, AND I don't care about the toilet seat (although I will have a fit if I step in pee in the middle of the night cuz he "missed" the bowl)...and I never will be able to have sex at the pace he wants plus do all this and work my full time job, workout and keep up with my 3 and 5 year old...
  • Superchas
    Superchas Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    There is no compromise on one thing Ray Lewis is destined to pick up the Superbowl.

Was in San Francisco for Superbowl XXIX 18 years ago on the Sunday at great party because you won and on Tuesday got call to say my wife's waters had broken three weeks early and had to get back to London sharpish which i did and Tom is 18 today

Not much argument about whether I got the next plane home I suppose

Enjoy the game but not too much
  • dfquigley
    Options
    Compromise at best.

We are married.... :p
  • prettymorbidity
    prettymorbidity Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan of men, but this common line of thinking does not make sense to me. My husband would agree that I have final say on lots of things. But, be honest guys. Is it really stuff that you feel passionately about? Women care about a lot of details that escape the notice of men. Give me a specific example of what sort of things you "compromise" on.
    thanks.

^ i totally agree. and if my man is passionate about something i will totally give in! i love him and want him to be happy! but ill tell ya something. if you are too busy keeping tabs of it all, it wont work out . p.s. a little romance goes a long way.
  • majikmiker
    majikmiker Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan of men, but this common line of thinking does not make sense to me. My husband would agree that I have final say on lots of things. But, be honest guys. Is it really stuff that you feel passionately about? Women care about a lot of details that escape the notice of men. Give me a specific example of what sort of things you "compromise" on.
    thanks.

Sounds like a challenge.....

Ok, so I compromise when it's my cheat night and she wants to have chinese takeout, and I want pizza, we end up getting chinese takeout and I make a frozen pizza. Even though it's my cheat night. And I am very "passionate" about pizza, and I really can't stand the frozen crap. But I do it because I love her and I'd rather make her happy than satisfy my craving for ooey-gooey fatty goodness. :cry: :sad: We still ate horribly, we just compromised on where we ordered from.

Or I compromise when I say: Let's go to Vegas for a vacation, and she says let's stay at a bed and breakfast with flowery bedding and ruffles on the bed and tea time every day in the garden. :huh: We hit the bed and breakfast, and the tea is average, and the bed is lumpy, but she's happy we went so I'm happy. We still went on vacation, we just compromised on where we went.

Would I have been happier if we went to Vegas and had a good time?

Not that I'm going to admit on a public forum. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • stormtruck2
    stormtruck2 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I've been compromised for years!
  • jnoahrod
    jnoahrod Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think most people have a huge misconception of what marriage is and the expectation of what we "get" out of it. Marriage is work. Marriage is difficult. Marriage takes time. A lifetime to do it right. Focus more on what you can give your spouse rather than what you can get from him/her and you will find your marriage much more enjoyable. Make it your goal to make them happy and they will make sure you are happy. Now of course there are some self destructive, extremely self centered individuals out there which are the exception, no doubt...
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Compromise at best.

We are married.... :p

This exactly! To bad you are already married. ;)
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    My husband and I rarely fight. I think in the almost 4 years we have been together we have faught less times than you could count on one hand. I would like to think it's because we pick and choose our battles wisely. He may say it's because he conforms...lol He is kinda cross between confident and cocky so I'd like to think it's more because of equal compromise.