If you could only do one exercise what would you choose?

Options

Replies

• M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Personally, running. Mostly because I enjoy it, and I keep at it because I do it for fun. It's easy to give yourself goals based on lots of different aspects (distance, time spent running, speed, hills), and you can enjoy scenery. It's also very good cardio and works those big muscles in the lower body.

what she said!
  • PaulFromEssex
    Options
    Swinging a golf club!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    running..or basketball :-)
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Burpees
    or squat lifts
  • stackhsc
    stackhsc Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Running for sure.
    i have used swimming before and its deffinetly easier on the joints but i dont have a pool in my back yard and dont have the time to get to a pool often enough plus the added cost.
    I was an avid cyclist and expect i'll probably get back into that this summer now that i have lost weigh. Cycling for me cant be a year round event due to weather where i live.
    Running i can do in my basement or as soon as i step out the door and i have never seen results in weight loss as well as muscle tone as i have from running. Cycling works mainly the legs, when i run i can feel it in my arms, stomache, pretty well everywhere.
    running costs a pair of shoes and if you want to run indoor a tread mill and they are on the used sites for decent prices.
  • Jlstreck
    Jlstreck Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Zumba :) I get to have a great workout and have a blast with friends.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Squats!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    SWIM!
  • NeverGoinBack2012
    Options
    Outdoor trail cycling.
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    Bulgarian split squats.
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Hiking
  • Cynduck
    Cynduck Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Swimming! Love it!
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Wogging!

A wog, in my language, means a louse ... so I guess that could be qualified as exercise... LOL

What's wogging?

** Me, I'd say swimming, or practicing taekwondo. One hell of a workout!
  • rainghirl
    rainghirl Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Running definitely, doesn't need much equipment and I can get out into the country for some fresh air and beautiful views.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Enduro riding. (On motobikes, that is.) Not only really good exercise, but something that I want to carry on and do 'just one more lap' even when I'm totally drained.

Unfortunately weak wrists mean I can't really do it at all at the moment.

Mountain biking after that.

Otherwise for a more 'traditional' exercise; deadlifts, maybe.
  • SimplyBeautifulMe
    Options
    I would have to say running. It seems to be one thing that helps me.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Dwarf tossing.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Definitely walking. You can go just about anywhere, you can walk at different speeds to get the heart rate up, or just stroll along and enjoy nature, you can walk uphill or up stairs or up a mountain trail or just around a reservoir. You can listen to music or an audio book or just the sounds of nature. It's perfect. <3
  • cominupmilhouse
    cominupmilhouse Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I do only do one type of exercise all day long and it's snowboarding!! It's super fun and works a ton of muscle groups (you'll feel your abs, shoulders, arms and legs the next couple days if you're not used to it!)

Come to think of it, I do end up in the squat pose a bunch when I'm riding, and it's a hell of a lot more fun than just standing there doing squats at home or in a gym. Gotta love the fresh mountain air too.