If you could only do one exercise what would you choose?

Options

Replies

• karenwarner71216
    Options
    water class
  • aj445
    aj445 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Definitely running!
  • Coffeeholic8
    Coffeeholic8 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Rowing or Barbell Squats.
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    deadlifts for sure - love them (squat/overheadpresss/bench - all honorable mentions)
  • the_seraphim
    Options
    Rowing on my Concept 2 machine.. :heart: :heart: :heart:

rowing... on a machine, on a lake, on a river, with an elastic band thing...

dont care... rowing

or if i could do it, those pull ups that guy on arrow does, where he jumps the bar up the rack each time... man thats awesome
  • iampanda
    iampanda Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Running, no contest... Mostly because I just recently got into running, and absolutely loved it. And then, due to medical reasons, I was told that I may not be able to run again. I miss it so much!
  • Guines9
    Guines9 Posts: 137
    Options
    SEXERCISE FOR HOURS! YEAH!
  • MichelleKS37
    MichelleKS37 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just got into Kickboxing and love it!!
  • kbitzonefour
    kbitzonefour Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    DEADLIFT!
  • lewing8
    lewing8 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Jumping rope
  • XDiet_SlayerX
    Options
    Squats since they are useful for conditioning/cardio/strength
  • shanse21
    Options
    Either running or yoga. They're both fun, keep me level, and offer variety in their own way.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    kickboxing
  • hpilon27
    Options
    Sports! Skating, skiing, hockey... do it for the FUN of it and it doesn't even seem like exercise! Although, I do feel fantastic after a good 30 minute run. Guess I can't pick just one :-)
  • Kath1391
    Kath1391 Posts: 138
    Options
    Walking! keeps me fit and it's so relaxing
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Hiking for me. I can do it alone or with friends. The views are amazing and I love getting that sunshine and fresh air. And the steep trails really help strengthen my legs.
  • azwen
    azwen Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hiking! We have so many desert mountains to climb. I can't wait for the wildflower season in the spring. (We are hoping to adopt a golden retriever soon, so I will even have a new hiking buddy, too.) Hiking uses a lot of muscles, keeping yourself stable going up and down on uneven surfaces, it's good cardio, and nothing beats the feeling of standing on top of a mountain you just climbed.
  • NyimaR
    NyimaR Posts: 108 Member
    Options

Also consider that women's muscles are in the thighs, not arms and shoulder, so unlike men, we are not burning calories like men do in the pool.

Dammit, I must have just been imagining lifting those weights earlier if I have no muscles in my arms.

Seriously though, yes women have smaller muscles than men in general and so burn fewer calories. But that's the same regardless of what the workout is! There's only one known cure to this problem - strength training.
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Cycling. Good for burning calories, goes by quickly & I really enjoy the outdoors. Plus if I wanted to tone my butt & legs, I could go up lots of hills peddling without sitting on the seat! And riding against the wind.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Circuit training, that counts as one exercise, right?