Oh the things I see at the gym...

Options

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    HAHA OMG TOO FUNNY!!! That's ok I saw a lady eating a banana split while walking to the tredmil, and then someone drinking a mountain dew on the elliptical!!!I'm like da faq?!?!?!

Mountain Dew contains water, carbs, and caffeine. It's cardio win in a bottle. ;)

I drink a latte when working out sometimes...it's a great pre/during/post workout drink!
  • Viva_Karina
    Viva_Karina Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m7urxbPyyC1r7ksqyo1_500.gif
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I knew a woman who would work out at home and then get showered and all dolled up - hair and makeup. She'd put on exercise shorts, sports bra, and a leather jacket with fringe and go to the gym to walk around with a water bottle.
  • sarahbethbeauty
    Options
    I'm one of those people who sits on a machine and texts, sorry! But I'm also there for around an hr and a half and do break a sweat. I work from home and watch kids/sick family members so I am constantly replying to an email or checking up on someone. I also use my phone for music and to keep check of calories burned. If I see someone waiting for my machine I'll totally get up an find another. But my gym is never that busy. And I only check my phone between sets. Gym is me time..ish..so I like to drag it out.
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I'm not saying people DON'T waste time & take up space in the gym, but I know there have been times people could have thought the same thing about me. I did a lifting program once where I lifted HEAVY every set & took 2-3 minute breaks between sets. I tracked the exercises & weights on my phone, so between sets I'd update my progress notes while resting. And if no one was waiting on the equipment I was using, I might play a game of Klondike to kill time. So if you weren't watching closely enough to notice I screwed around for exactly 2 minutes after every set, you might assume I didn't know what I was doing.

I've eaten on the treadmill before. Gummy bears, sports beans, even cooked potato. But I was training for endurance events and needed to experiment with in-race nutrition. So if you came in to do your 30 minutes on the treadmill & saw me next to you popping jellybeans, you might assume I didn't know what I was doing. But if you came back an hour & a half later & saw me still on the treadmill, you might not.
  • sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I think it's hilarious when I go to the gym, and walk into the locker room to change and/or lock my stuff up, and there are girls in there doing their hair and make up... And no, they're not leaving the gym, they're dolling up to go "workout", if that's what you want to call what they do (eg. walk on the treadmill, push some 10lb weights around, go in what I call the "stretching room" just to take pictures of themselves in the mirrors...) When I go to the gym and have make-up on and hair all "pretty" (because I go after school/work), I expect it to be ALL sweated off and my hair looking like a hot mess by the time I'm done.
  • Viva_Karina
    Options
    tumblr_m6il282UJW1r0yo6oo1_500.gif
  • runningfataway
    Options
    It must fit her macros lol...
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    The thought of eating in the gym grosses me out. Think of all the nasty things you touched before you reached in for a chip! And do the rest of us what your greasy, chocolately hands on the equipment? Yuck! What really grosses me out is the people who workout and then leave - without washing their hands or using sanitizer. Nasty. Sanitizer is a mediocre replacement for hand washing, but it's better than nothing. People can be so gross. :sick:

Would it make you feel any better if I told you that I wash my hands before I pee? Not after, just before.
  • Viva_Karina
    Options
    tumblr_m96o8dwjLj1ranhnao1_500.gif
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Would it make you feel any better if I told you that I wash my hands before I pee? Not after, just before.
    Makes perfect sense to me. My hands have been touching all kinds of things, while what they're about to touch has been safely tucked away. No need to wash them afterward because I don't make a habit of peeing all over my hands.
  • neveradullmoment
    Options
    WOW!! I have seen a lot of strange things at the gym myself BUT nothing like that!!
  • Would it make you feel any better if I told you that I wash my hands before I pee? Not after, just before.
    Makes perfect sense to me. My hands have been touching all kinds of things, while what they're about to touch has been safely tucked away. No need to wash them afterward because I don't make a habit of peeing all over my hands.
    I work in a prison so I also wash before. I never talked about it. Is this a knew habit that men have developed.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I hate when young girls "workout"... Im a young girl but i take my gym time seriously! They think theyl lose 5 pounds by going on the eliiptical for 20 mins... and then they never go back to the gym... I haaate when people bring their phone into the gym with them! Ahhhhhh!

My phone is always with me when I workout for three reasons
    1. I use JEFIT Pro for weight training so it's kinda part of my workout
    2. I use it for music during my workout
    3. I am on the tactical team and therefore am permanently on call

Why would you care that I have it with me? I swear sometimes when I read these boards I envision a gym full of people just standing around looking annoyed at each other.

Yep, I have mine bc I log all my lifts after my sets through MFP so I can keep track and know when to change my workouts and such. I'm not worried about these kind of girls though bc they are never in the weights section and I could care less what others do.
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    From the fun gym-related pictures thread
    my-favorite-exercise-at-the-gym-would-be-judging-dr-heckle-funny-fail-pictures.jpg
    totally relevant
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Maybe she was hoping to check out some cute guys?
  • toddis
    Options
    I hate when young girls "workout"... Im a young girl but i take my gym time seriously! They think theyl lose 5 pounds by going on the eliiptical for 20 mins... and then they never go back to the gym... I haaate when people bring their phone into the gym with them! Ahhhhhh!

My phone is always with me when I workout for three reasons
    1. I use JEFIT Pro for weight training so it's kinda part of my workout
    2. I use it for music during my workout
    3. I am on the tactical team and therefore am permanently on call

Why would you care that I have it with me? I swear sometimes when I read these boards I envision a gym full of people just standing around looking annoyed at each other.

Yep, I have mine bc I log all my lifts after my sets through MFP so I can keep track and know when to change my workouts and such. I'm not worried about these kind of girls though bc they are never in the weights section and I could care less what others do.

I get the purpose of the phone, but I still laugh my *kitten* off when someone drops a dumbbell on their phone.
    Schadenfreude.
  • toddis
    Options

I forget the exact number, but they say gym equipment is 20x dirtier than a public restroom.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    maybe she likes to workout and doesn't care for fat loss or anything
    at the end of the day, who cares?
  • zepdig
    zepdig Posts: 155
    Options
    lmao, she is bulking. shes just building mass so she can become unmoveablelol