Ideas for a little desert

Options
I am wondering if anyone out there has some low calorie desert ideas they can share

Replies

• Gracerrr
    Gracerrr Posts: 141
    Options
    I freeze light and fit yogurt as well as single servings of Silk chocolate soy milk. Yum :)
  • dandandee
    dandandee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    ooh yes yes!

I actually had this as breakfast the other day.. but it would be yummy as desert too :P
    Take a frozen banana, blend it up (you can add a bit of milk or water to help blend better) add a bit of cinnamon and cocoa, blend again. voila ! Yummy banana 'ice cream'.

lazy man's chocolate chip cupcake:
    -1 white cake mix
    -2 mashed ripe bananas
    -chocolate chips
    -1 tbsp of egg beaters (or a tiny egg :P)
    mix it up. Ignore the cake mix instructions asking for oil. put in some muffin tins. bake as the cake mix says.
    These are SUPER good. They don't taste banana-y I find, and they are really moist, yet no oil at all.
    Calories depend on the cake mix, but mine came to about 100 per cupcake
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    A great easy treat that I read about here is this single-serve cupcake:

1 box angel food cake mix
    1 box another kind

Blend the two powders well. Put 3T in a mug or ramekin, add 2T water, mix well and nuke for 1 minute.

It works! About 50 cals.
  • coffee_rocks
    coffee_rocks Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    dessert...with 2 ss's..because you can always have Seconds.

Not gonna be much help, because my idea of a "little dessert" is eating just 1/6th of a pie instead of 1/4...
  • kaytiecakes
    kaytiecakes Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Cactus?
  • kaytiecakes
    kaytiecakes Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    A great easy treat that I read about here is this single-serve cupcake:

1 box angel food cake mix
    1 box another kind

Blend the two powders well. Put 3T in a mug or ramekin, add 2T water, mix well and nuke for 1 minute.

It works! About 50 cals.

I have a gladware container with this mixture in it (Currently using strawberry cake mix). 3-2-1 Mug Cake is amazing. Double the numbers for double the cake which is almost a whole coffee mug (6T cake mix, 4T water, 2 minutes in the micro.)
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    ooh yes yes!

I actually had this as breakfast the other day.. but it would be yummy as desert too :P
    Take a frozen banana, blend it up (you can add a bit of milk or water to help blend better) add a bit of cinnamon and cocoa, blend again. voila ! Yummy banana 'ice cream'.

-1 white cake mix
    -2 mashed ripe bananas
    -chocolate chips
    mix it up. Ignore the cake mix instructions asking for oil. put in some muffin tins. bake as the cake mix says.
    These are SUPER good. They don't taste banana-y I find, and they are really moist, yet no oil at all.

Gonna try this ~ Thanks for sharing!!
  • Louiseisme
    Options
    I make Jello gelatin and put in individual 4 oz cups with lids, makes 6 servings at about 64 cals per cup. i don't fill to the top cause it will get messy so it makes 6 instead of 4 as the box says. Also I have room to add a small dollop of fat free cool whip if I want.
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    3 slices pineapple grilled on george foremann grill its to cold to do outside here.
    1 1/2 tbsp light brown sugar brush over slices
    smart selections whipped topping 5tbsp

Pineapple = 60 cal
    Brown sugar =60 cal
    Whipped topping =50 cal
    so total is 170 not much:)

Or if you like yogurt 100 caloire yopliat greek yogurt
  • dandandee
    dandandee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    ooh yes yes!

-1 white cake mix
    -2 mashed ripe bananas
    -chocolate chips

Gonna try this ~ Thanks for sharing!!

you're welcome ! :)
  • Hopelessone
    Hopelessone Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • goldengirl111
    goldengirl111 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    What a cool idea. I will have to try this.:smile:
  • valleemic
    valleemic Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Take a banana and cut it length wise. Sprinkle 1 tbsp chocolate chips and put the top half of the banana back on. Microwave for 20-30 seconds :)
  • bbbbb33333
    bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    mini snickers ice cream bar. 90 calories. Very rich tasting. Little protein from the nunts and come calcium. Easy portion control. YUM!!!!
  • roseredman1
    roseredman1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This is actually not bad. Try this delicious soufflé. 2 scoops protein powder I use Vi-salus, 1 TBL cocoa powder, 1 raw egg. Mix together in a mug add 2 TBL water like cake batter. Microwave 60 sec. I added some plain Greek yogurt with 1/2 tsp honey and cinnamon on top. Raspberries and drizzled honey too!! Right around 150 cal.
  • SheriKCourtney
    Options
    That sounds great and easy!
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    freeze a banana & then put it in the magic bullet (food processor), it is just like soft ice cream. sooo yummy!
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Get some pumpkin, sweetener and cinnamon. Heat up and mash up pumpkin, mix in sweetener and cinnamon.

Seriously, it has a ridiculous Deliciousness+Volume/Calorie ratio. Try it.
  • JayStu
    JayStu Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I was looking through skinnytaste and found this. I'm not a desert kind of guy but even I want to try this

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/01/skinny-chocolate-raspberry-cheesecake.html
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Frozen grapes or frozen blueberries - pour a little bit of yoghurt over the berries - the yoghurt will go all hard around the frozen berries ....nice little low cal healthy snack.