Ideas for a little desert

Options

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,717 Member
    Options
    Freeze a banana and puree in a food processor with some frozen berries. If you can afford the calories add some store bought custard to the mixture as well (up to half the volume).
  • pnjcoyne
    Options
    I have a really good one that gets a lot of awesome results even from people who arent trying to lose weight. You take one box of angel food cake and one can of pineapple in their own juice and mix it together (juice also) .... thats it, nothing else. Mix it together and put it in a cake pan and cook for about 35 mins. I don't recommend a bundt pan bc it sticks to the middle. Enjoy !
  • deasher
    Options
    Get some pumpkin, sweetener and cinnamon. Heat up and mash up pumpkin, mix in sweetener and cinnamon.

Seriously, it has a ridiculous Deliciousness+Volume/Calorie ratio. Try it.

this is an east indian dish here in Trinidad and yes it taste delicious especially if u just add a sprinkle of brown sugar to it!! yum yum
  • eshea14
    eshea14 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    3/4 cup plain greek yogurt (my fav is 2% Fage, but you could use 1% or 0% for less fat).
    1/2 tablespoon or less of coco powder (like Hersey's non-sweetened)
    1/2 tablespoon (or to taste) honey or natural sweetener (nothing with aspartame or corn syrup)

Mix well

It's like a more rich chocolate pudding, with protein from the yogurt. I also add chopped fruit or granola on top too.

Note: I think using something with less ingredients is better. So pure coco-powder is healthier than some 25 ingredient fake chocolate syrup. 2% PLAIN greek yogurt is better than artificially sweetened yogurt. To me, less is more. The less ingredients and fake processed food the better!
  • currierand
    currierand Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    My favorite (when strawberry season hits) is simple and delicious. Take 2 or 3 large ripe berries, cut off the stem and make a small slit or core them. Push 1 square of good quality dark chocolate inside and place them into a ramekin and bake in 400 degree oven for a few mins or until the chocolate has melted. It's like an inside out chocolate dipped strawberry and very satisfying.

Great, now I want one :smile:
  • tiffanyheth
    tiffanyheth Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    2 riped bananas
    1 c. unsweetened applesauce
    Mash together very well.

Stir in 1/4 c. flax seed meal, 1/4c. flour, and 1/4c. cocoa powdered. Add water if too pasty.

I also added in 1/4 c. dark chocolate chips. Spread into 8x8 pain, Bake at 350^ for 25-30 minutes, cut into 16 bars. 51 calories.
  • annascrapper
    annascrapper Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Chocolate PB2 mixed with light cool whip...tastes like peanut butter frosting! i usually eat it on a banana
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Water

Girlllllll, water is not a dessert no matter how you spin it. :laugh: even people on a diet need something sweet every once in a while!! spread graham crackers with 1 banana + 1 tbsp peanut butter mix and freeze. they're called smudgies and the recipe is all over pinterest!
  • ConnieAGinther
    ConnieAGinther Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
  • zaeaton
    Options
    South Beach Diet's Mocha Ricotta Creme

1/2 Cup part-skim ricotta creme
    1/2 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
    1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 package (or 2 teaspoons) sugar substitute
    Dash espresso powder (or finely ground coffee)
    5 mini Chocolate Chips (I used regular sized ones – heck with it!)

Mix together the ricotta, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and sugar substitute in a dessert bowl. Serve chilled with a dusting of espresso powder and sprinkle with the mini Chocolate Chips.

Serves 1

Nutrition at a Glance – Per Serving:

Calories: 261
    Protein: 15 g
    Carbohydrates: 17 g
    Fat: 14 g
    Saturated fats: 9 g
    Sodium: 166 mg
    Cholesterol: 42 mg
    Fiber: 0
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Arctic zero frozen dessert 150 calories for the whole pint. chocolate mint, chocolate peanut putter vanilla, It is a dessert "ice cream" made with whey protein 1 serving is 37 calories. I like Vitatops they have 100 calories and 9gr fiber and taste like cake. I sometimes make small yogurt layered with Kashi cereal. I like fresh strawberries dipped in quality dark chocolate.
  • dlveck
    dlveck Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I love the Skinny Cow candies. The Dreamy clusters are awesome. chocolate-caramel- and crisped rice. Kind of like a Nestle crunch with caramel. 120 calories. You can find them in the candy aisle.
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    1 Any Flavor cake mix dry
    1 Angel Food cake mix dry

Mix together, put in a air-tight container. Enough for 22 servings, each serving is 17 calories!

Using a 1/3 cup fill with the dry mix, place mix in a bowl, add 3 T. water & mix well. Microwave 2 minutes! :love:
  • naticksdonna
    naticksdonna Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    DESSERT.

See...if I had something more than this water I wouldn't have to be all grammar/spelling nazi here...
    ;)
  • mzredsavoie
    mzredsavoie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Now, that sounds great!! No end to the different types of cake mix. That is going to be my next quicky desert recipe.

• slroggemann
    slroggemann Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Get some pumpkin, sweetener and cinnamon. Heat up and mash up pumpkin, mix in sweetener and cinnamon.

Seriously, it has a ridiculous Deliciousness+Volume/Calorie ratio. Try it.

this is an east indian dish here in Trinidad and yes it taste delicious especially if u just add a sprinkle of brown sugar to it!! yum yum

mmm that sounds delicious! I'm gonna have to try that
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    make Jello gelatin and put in individual 4 oz cups with lids, makes 6 servings at about 64 cals per cup. i don't fill to the top cause it will get messy so it makes 6 instead of 4 as the box says. Also I have room to add a small dollop of fat free cool whip if I want.

One family member has done this with Jello, only she re-used yogurt containers. Works nicely for portion control.
  • Emmadennewitz
    Emmadennewitz Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Frozen banana with yogurt and crushed almonds-
    I make 5-6 servings at a time
    Peel banana and cut in half and stick a wood stick in the banana as if it were a Popsicle.
    Put the bananas in the freezer for a couple hours. Once frozen coat the bananas with your favorite yogurt (I use vanilla flavored Greek yogurt)
    Sprinkle crushed almonds over the yogurt coated banana
    Put the bananas on a plate or cookie sheet lined with wax paper for another hour in the freezer.
    Once frozen store in a freezer safe container until ready to enjoy.
    One whole banana has approx 200 calories