Most embarassing thing that has happened to u @ the gym?

Options
Bobanji
Bobanji Posts: 79 Member
I nearly fell off the elliptical after the woman next to me let out the biggest grunt I ever heard while she was running on a treadmill beside me. She totally caught me off guard and startled me while I was in "my zone." Yup and everyone behind me had to watch as I composed myself, and had to pick up my ipod, and towel off the ground.

Replies

• pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I had a "wardrobe malfunction" once in a yoga class when I forgot to bring my sports bra with my gym clothes... Shelf bra + D cup + downward facing dog = bad deal, ladies! Luckily I was also wearing a hoodie so I zipped it up all the way after that and I'm PRETTY SURE no one noticed
  • sgtdub555
    Options
    Heavy weight + bench press + gas = Loud noise :blushing:
  • fara180
    fara180 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I went to a machine and saw that there was literally a pool of sweat on the equipment and I accidentally said "oh my god, EW," really loudly. hatas gonna hate.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    My most embarrassing moment moment so far was the one that caused my first lifting injury. Basically, I lost my balance coming up out of a deep squat with 315 on my shoulders, twisted my ankle, fell backward/sideways, and also managed to smash my hand in between the barbell and catch bars in the squat rack. I basically laid there on the floor laughing like a total derp as several small Asian men looked on in horror...if one were to judge by the looks on their faces, you'd have thought I had just been shot.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    My most embarrassing moment moment so far was the one that caused my first lifting injury. Basically, I lost my balance coming up out of a deep squat with 315 on my shoulders, twisted my ankle, fell backward/sideways, and also managed to smash my hand in between the barbell and catch bars in the squat rack. I basically laid there on the floor laughing like a total derp as several small Asian men looked on in horror...if one were to judge by the looks on their faces, you'd have thought I had just been shot.

OMG this is exactly why I think those gifs of gym accidents are SO NOT funny. I hope you get better and I'm so glad YOU were the only one laughing about it....

As for mine I was in a basketball gym practicing cheer back in the day, when my stunt guys whos hands I was standing on got ready to throw me up for a russian and then they were gonna catch me, as they went to bounce down to throw me my foot went between their hands and rather than go straight up, and come straight back down, my caught foot caused me to go up and to the side and to the back landing right in the middle of basketball practice at least 15 feet away. Bball coach says "wow, its cheerleaders falling from the sky" but only AFTER it was determined that me and my floppy hand were ok. Just a wrist brace.

ps for some reason i was laughing too, so hard it was difficult to get out the words "i'm okay". I just kept picturing myself flying thru the air over and over and over...like a gif, but before there were gif's
  • taekwonkenpo
    Options
    Heavy weight + bench press + gas = Loud noise :blushing:

LOL
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Oh no, I wasn't the only one. My wife thought it was funny as hell when I told her about it, but that's just how we are. No problem with laughing at each others fails.

I think what got her was when I told her that I got pissed, got back up and resumed squatting on an ever swelling ankle, with paper towels wrapped around my hand so I wouldn't bleed on the bar. Her response was, in between laughs "you're retarded, you know that?"
  • LMick1986
    Options
    I haven't had any in the gym, but I was the worst when it came to gym class in high school! It's like I attracted everything to my face! I had a basketball hit the rim and pop right back in my face. I had a hockey stick break next to me and fly up and hit me right in the face. I was once on the outside of this cluster of people playing soccer....the cluster opened (just like the red seas parting) and a ball flew from about two feet at super fast speeds.....straight from his foot to dead on in my face. The tears were just pouring and I couldn't feel anything! Playing volleyball, I had a guy spike the ball next to me and came down on top of me......teeth through his lip, right into the top of my head. Hahahah! Then, the last incident I can think of was playing ultimate frisbee. We had a guy on the team that was amazing! Fastest, best thrower. Well, I guess I tried to catch it in my mouth! Split my lip right open. I looked like a parrot for days!! Luckily, none of these resulted in stitches or broken bones.
  • LMick1986
    Options

I'm sorry, but I died!!! This is just hilarious! I'm one of those people that laughs when kids fall into the ponds at putt-putt. I can't help it!
  • sanalupe
    sanalupe Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    pilates, streched, farted, most people ignored it, me and friends nearly got kicked out coz we didnt stop laughing :laugh:
  • pullem
    pullem Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Can't decide between my 2...decided to forget the laws of physics during unloading the bar (had 200Kg on it) in a squat rack and watched in horror as I removed the last plate from one side as the other side dropped down hit the floor then swung up and hit the guy next to me smack in the forehead and the time I had a new protein shaker and filled it from the water fountain in the gym (by the cool down stretching mats) then proceeded to shake vigourously at which point the lid came off and covered the mirror and the girl strecthing out on the mats in protein shake?
  • Aquarii
    Aquarii Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Accidentally dropped a 100 lb plate about 1' from the floor... onto my big toe.
  • emsicle_o
    emsicle_o Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My treadmill literally wouldn't stop so I thought I'd casually glide off of it...i ended up skidding across the gym on my backside ha ha
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    My treadmill literally wouldn't stop so I thought I'd casually glide off of it...i ended up skidding across the gym on my backside ha ha

omg HAHAHAHAAH
  • shoneybabes
    shoneybabes Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    it wasn't the gym but my dads garage. I was running on the treadmill and my brother sneaked up behind me and started pushing the speed button. I had my music in my ears but I couldn't work out why the machine was beeping at me. I turned slightly while running, saw someone out the corner of my eye and I screamed, jumped up and forward while sprinting. Just about fell of the machine. He was highly amused at it all. I didn't even notice the speed!
  • texastango
    Options
    Several: - and these were witnessed by several people I see at the gym. Made us all ...er....well you'll get it.

1. First - The poor guy on the treadmill next to me (20s athletic) was running his butt off and I was on the elliptical next to him kicking some ....and all of a sudden his treadmill belt turned off......he went running/flying into the circuit board display in front of him and nearly summersalted over it. Looked like a wet dish rag hung out to dry. Of course you heard a loud "bang" and grunt. I was like "Holy crap"...and went to go help him but he was fine. I asked him what happened (I thought he outran the timer) and he said "it just turned off". Next day there was a sign posted (it was PRECOR by the way) that said "Treadmills may suddenly turn off without warning" Great.

2. A woman who seems a bit ....different....swims at the olympic size pool. All the women (and trust me the men) notice when she warms up to swim because she makes all kinds of funny head movements - not tics exactly. What makes it embarressing is that she wears a suit with holes in it and pleasures herself while swimming.

3. There is a gentleman from the far East who is older...much much older than the average person at the pool He water runs. Takes up a lane and just jogs. Problem is he stares at all the women in the pool under water........and even the very young ones. Then he takes a shower outside (there are plenty of indoor showers) and faces the wrong way so he can watch the girls get out of the pool He's been reported several times but they still let him in.

4. There is a guy who comes to the pool At first I thought he was wearing a suit that was a bit different. He takes off his sweats outside (doesn't use the locker room) and then proceeds to warm up with jumping jacks for 20 minutes. WHen you look at his suit you swear it's underwear......and then you realize it is. He jumps in the pool, swims one half lap, and then sits against the wall for about 10 minutes, then swims another half lap. Gives me the creaps!

5. Wardrobe malfunction - I was doing rows on the seated row pull weight machine when I realized that the family jewels were not only out of the safe, but were being reflected in the large convex mirror opposite the machine that truly makes objects appear larger and closer than they are...darn. If Only....
  • dfquigley
    Options
    Worst was when I finally got back to the gym post accident and hip surgery for a busted femur at the femoral neck.

I was obese, tummy and manboobs up tight against my shirt, slowly limping my way around a walking track at a mild jog with bad form cause of the pain from my injury, and some teenagers in the gym below saw me, pointed and started laughing at me.

It was damn depressing and embarrassing.

Jerk-offs.

Who's laughing now though!
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Several: - and these were witnessed by several people I see at the gym. Made us all ...er....well you'll get it.

1. First - The poor guy on the treadmill next to me (20s athletic) was running his butt off and I was on the elliptical next to him kicking some ....and all of a sudden his treadmill belt turned off......he went running/flying into the circuit board display in front of him and nearly summersalted over it. Looked like a wet dish rag hung out to dry. Of course you heard a loud "bang" and grunt. I was like "Holy crap"...and went to go help him but he was fine. I asked him what happened (I thought he outran the timer) and he said "it just turned off". Next day there was a sign posted (it was PRECOR by the way) that said "Treadmills may suddenly turn off without warning" Great.

2. A woman who seems a bit ....different....swims at the olympic size pool. All the women (and trust me the men) notice when she warms up to swim because she makes all kinds of funny head movements - not tics exactly. What makes it embarressing is that she wears a suit with holes in it and pleasures herself while swimming.

3. There is a gentleman from the far East who is older...much much older than the average person at the pool He water runs. Takes up a lane and just jogs. Problem is he stares at all the women in the pool under water........and even the very young ones. Then he takes a shower outside (there are plenty of indoor showers) and faces the wrong way so he can watch the girls get out of the pool He's been reported several times but they still let him in.

4. There is a guy who comes to the pool At first I thought he was wearing a suit that was a bit different. He takes off his sweats outside (doesn't use the locker room) and then proceeds to warm up with jumping jacks for 20 minutes. WHen you look at his suit you swear it's underwear......and then you realize it is. He jumps in the pool, swims one half lap, and then sits against the wall for about 10 minutes, then swims another half lap. Gives me the creaps!

5. Wardrobe malfunction - I was doing rows on the seated row pull weight machine when I realized that the family jewels were not only out of the safe, but were being reflected in the large convex mirror opposite the machine that truly makes objects appear larger and closer than they are...darn. If Only....

I think, if I was you, I would find another pool to use :noway: :laugh:
  • kornaco
    kornaco Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    +2
  • texastango
    Options

I think, if I was you, I would find another pool to use :noway: :laugh:

LOL ...yes...nice thought..but this one is the best pool in the city, close to work, outdoors, and heated to 80 - 82. Beautiful....and inexpensive because it is a University Pool ....but I catch your wave!