Most embarassing thing that has happened to u @ the gym?

Options

Replies

• staplebug
    Options
    I was trying to do a handstand on a bar for gymnastics, but one of my elbows wasn't locked and I collapsed head first onto the bar. Five minutes later, I woke up on a chair and had no idea what happened. I think that's the only time I've ever been knocked out by physical force.
  • mb1127
    mb1127 Posts: 36
    Options
    I didn't go to the cleanest gym ever. I went into the locker room and walked out dragging a long strand of toilet paper with me, stuck on the bottom of my sneaker.
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Getting dressed after going swimming and there was three boys in the locker room with their mom (which they shouldn't have been... two of them were old enough to get dressed by themselves- 2or 3rd grade). The middle one turned to his mom and said "Wow! She's got really big boobs!"

Um... yeah. Not too happy about them being in there... was taking care of my kids at the time too (2 and 6 months) so that we all didn't freeze when we hit the subzero February temperatures.

Hopefully that woman sends her boys to the boys locker room.
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    While I didn't find this that embarrassing, it was hilarilous.

My university gym has a "cardio theater". It's just 15 TV's always on the same 15 different channels on a wall. So one day I go to the gym at a weird time, so literally NOTHING I wanted to watch was on. I had the choice of soap operas, news, or Twilight. Well, I decided to watch Twilight because I figured it was the lesser of the evils. Now that I look back, I should have just watched the news.

There was one scene where the vampire guy makes this big speech about how he's a lion and she's a sheep and blah blah blah and then he shows girly face that he can sparkle.... I burst out laughing because the whole scene was so stupid and fell off the elliptical I was on. Some guys ran over going "omg are you ok!?" and I couldn't stop laughing. I just kept saying "HA! TWILIGHT IS ON!!!"

They looked at me like I was nuts.

But on another note, that movie is hilariously stupid.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I didn't go to the cleanest gym ever. I went into the locker room and walked out dragging a long strand of toilet paper with me, stuck on the bottom of my sneaker.

I did that at Disney World in one of the nice restaurants.
  • DjangoAndDeadlifts
    Options
    Wasn't paying attention and pulled all the weight off one side of my squat bar in a sketchy squat rack, sending the bar and other side flying into the floor/other equipment. I was paying so little attention I thought to myself "what an idiot" thinking the guy NEXT to me had dropped a pile of weight.

Until I looked up and saw my bar was missing and the other guy looked terrified.
  • wannabtight
    wannabtight Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    It never happened to me.... I was in a spinning class and there was a lady in the front row, working out very hard, she was moaning very loudly, we could hear her above the loud music, like she was having "relations". She did this many times in classes and it was really distracting and made we utterly sick. I think she was getting more out of her workout then what most people get. I think management talked to her, as it was so disturbing for the instructors and other class participants.
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I don't know if anyone one else has this problem..i.e. ladies! When I work out my breasts have a habit of being extremely perky! This particular day I had a white shirt on, and of course a sports bra underneath. Mind you I am extremely sweaty. My friend whom I work out with frequently, looks at me and says "Are you happy to see me?" I am confused for a moment, totally going over my head. And then...it hits me! I am so embarrassed! Needless to say I have purchased some petals to cover them up! LOL!
  • indymom72
    Options
    I fell off the elliptical..and I hate that machine as a rule, but all the other stuff was taken. So yeah, I didn't fall on my *kitten*..but I made that "oh my god I'm gonna fall" noise. haha My friend died laughing at the look on my face. Then my buddies that work there remembered that it would have been captured on the security cameras....yeah...they played it over and over. lol
  • imhungry2012
    imhungry2012 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I fell off the treadmill when it was still going...yup, that is actually my most embarrassing moment ever. My sweat towel was hanging over the handles and I saw it slipping off so I went to grab it and BOOM, slid right off onto the floor and it was still going as I was on the floor behind it bracing myself on the side rails! It hurt so bad...but I was only like 5 mins in to my jog so I felt like I had to keep going and pretended it didnt hurt! Some older gentleman came over to help me up, thank god it was mid day on a random weekday I had off from work so it wasnt that crowded.

As soon as I got 20 mins in, I went to leave, teared up a little b/c I had been holding it in! I texted my best bud and he asked if I had gotten it on tape...now I cant help but laugh about it!
  • cdspark
    cdspark Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Walked into the mens locker room.....
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I was casually running on the treadmill. 3 min after I had started to run I dropped my pants. Since I was at the gym I didn't wear fancy lingerie but rather my cosypanties with small frogs on them, haha!

Going down a pantsize isn't always positive ;)

Well, it could have been real bad. You could have decided to go comando that day
  • kf4vkp
    kf4vkp Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Getting dressed after going swimming and there was three boys in the locker room with their mom (which they shouldn't have been... two of them were old enough to get dressed by themselves- 2or 3rd grade). The middle one turned to his mom and said "Wow! She's got really big boobs!"

Um... yeah. Not too happy about them being in there... was taking care of my kids at the time too (2 and 6 months) so that we all didn't freeze when we hit the subzero February temperatures.

Hopefully that woman sends her boys to the boys locker room.

This makes me happy my gym has a family changing room and that parents aren't allowed to bring opposite sexed children into the locker rooms
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    Well this NEVER happened to me or anything...but I know a girl who went to the gym late at night, she was the only one there, which she LOVES. She was running hard on the treadmill and couldn't help but crop dust a little. She says it happens to the best of people (not me, of course), so she was just wondering what crawled up her *kitten* and died cause it was nasty, and counting her blessings that she was alone when the CUTEST, HOTTEST guy she'd seen in a long time came in and got on the treadmill right next to her...dayum. She didn't bother to make eye contact...true story.

:noway:
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I had a "wardrobe malfunction" once in a yoga class when I forgot to bring my sports bra with my gym clothes... Shelf bra + D cup + downward facing dog = bad deal, ladies! Luckily I was also wearing a hoodie so I zipped it up all the way after that and I'm PRETTY SURE no one noticed

I saw...
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

2. A woman who seems a bit ....different....swims at the olympic size pool. All the women (and trust me the men) notice when she warms up to swim because she makes all kinds of funny head movements - not tics exactly. What makes it embarressing is that she wears a suit with holes in it and pleasures herself while swimming.

and this is why I'm being extremely choosey while gym shopping! Only considering those offering day passes so I can see for myself what really goes on there.
  • 50sBeachWalking
    50sBeachWalking Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Well this NEVER happened to me or anything...but I know a girl who went to the gym late at night, she was the only one there, which she LOVES. She was running hard on the treadmill and couldn't help but crop dust a little. She says it happens to the best of people (not me, of course), so she was just wondering what crawled up her *kitten* and died cause it was nasty, and counting her blessings that she was alone when the CUTEST, HOTTEST guy she'd seen in a long time came in and got on the treadmill right next to her...dayum. She didn't bother to make eye contact...true story.

:noway:

Crop dusting. believe it or not, I've never heard that. I like it. I'm sure this story wasn't about you.....:embarassed:
  • Ben_Diesel
    Options
    My underpants split while doing squats. I was already having a bad day so I just went home.
  • sassy_sparkles
    Options
    I have thrown up at the gym multiple times....awkward and definitely gross...
  • vitaminn
    vitaminn Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Heavy weight + bench press + gas = Loud noise :blushing:

I almost smelled that when i read it. :/ ::gagging::