5'2" Ladies who have gone from 140-115lbs

Options
Krecob
Krecob Posts: 86 Member
What exactly did you do and how long did it take? I am currently 140 and would like to be at 115 I just need to know im not wasting my time and am doing things right. What can I add or change that you found really worked.

CW:140
GW:115
Did two weeks of running 3miles a day.... took a toll on my knees so i started 30DS
Eating between 1200-1500 calories a day
30DS Day 5 level 1

Replies

• lauractemple85
    lauractemple85 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'3 and I was 140 at my heaviest. My goal weight is also 115. One thing that turned everything around for the better was bringing my lunch to work. I was eating salads that were custom made to order, and although all the veggies/meats etc were fresh and raw (except the meat) They would pile it on. Not to mention the salad dressing. I was counting the salad at around 500 calories when in reality they were probably closer to 1000. I started making my own salads and salad dressing for my lunch at work. I've lost 6 pounds in 3 weeks...along with working out 5 days a week; resistance and cardio. I've limited my "eating out" or "cheat meal" to one meal a week. Not "one cheat DAY" like most people do.

Not eating out as much has been my biggest break though so far. Good Luck!
  • pittso
    pittso Posts: 18
    Options
    Bump...

I'm 5'3" and 140. I actually lost the weight from 143 to 124 about 3 years ago. 115 used to be my goal. But I really felt great at 124. But I sadly put it back on. I'd LOVE just to get back there again. Trying! But it seems that I'm battling myself so much over this! I lost it before by eating right and working out about twice a day. 30-45 mins on elliptical and then DVD's in the morning. It took me three months. I took pictures every month. And I am so inspired as I go back and look at them. So, I took my current pics and am ready to go again!

Hope this helps!
  • t4shara3
    t4shara3 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4, so not too far off. I was 165 and am currently at 150. I did this in about three weeks. I know, it sounds crazy. To say the least, I wasn't eating so great before I started my diet/etc. The thing that I am doing is NO CARBS. Basically all I eat these days is meat and veggies. Even though fruit is great for you, its packed full of sugar (and sugar = carbs). I believe my weight loss partner said it's called the "slow carb" diet. I would imagine you can look it up on google. Recently (when I got this app) I started counting calories as well. I go over my calories sometimes, because my ultimate goal is cutting out carbs. However, the best part about this app is that it makes you conscious about what you're taking in. Good luck!
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1 and my starting weight 8/1/09 was 143lbs. My goal weight was 118lbs and I reached it in 12 weeks. Cardio 7 days a week, weight training 4 days a week and a 1,000 calorie deficit per day!
  • Tootce01
    Tootce01 Posts: 184
    Options
    Bump for later!
  • kristinL16
    kristinL16 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    How do you have a 1000 calorie deficit per day when you are short and have fewer calories to play with?

Anyway, I am 5' tall and currently weigh 138. Trying to get to 115-120, which is where I was most comfortable before having four kids. I started MFP last year around this time (youngest was 4 months old). I lost 18 lbs between then and the summer. Stopped tracking and exercising in the summer. Lost a few more pounds but nothing huge. Started MFP on January 1 again. I started at 1700 calories per day but wasn't losing so dropped to 1500 (I am still breastfeeding but obviously DS is eating more table foods now). Still no loss. I have also been exercising 3-4 times per week either at the gym or 30 DS and not eating exercise calories back most of those days. It is so frustrating. I am getting my thyroid checked this week to see if that is the issue.
  • juliekins64
    juliekins64 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'1", true start weight before joining MFP was around 135 currently 110.
    I lost the first 5 through eating better (took 2 months or so) and the rest between Sept and Jan 1st of this year through 1200 cal/day and about 45 min exercise 5-7 times a week (running, stationary bike, yoga). 3 months and approx 20 lbs down, rarely if ever cheated.
  • kristenfaith93
    Options
    I'm 5'0 my start weight was 164 lbs on January 3, 2013 and today's weight is 150 lbs. my goal weight is also 115 lbs. I try to workout six days a week 10 on the treadmill up hill at 3.8 and 10 minutes on treadmill no hill at 4.0. Then I do 20 minutes on elliptical on level 4 every morning. I rotate between arm workouts and leg worksouts each day & do abs everyday. I am going to start on my ab workout videos next week! I eat around 1200 calories a day and do not eat my calories back that I burn off from exercise. So far 14 lbs off and 35 more to go!
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    That's me.

I'm 5'1 and went from 141 to 110.

The single item that made the BIGGEST difference for me was buying a food scale. Turns out, I am absolutely terrible at estimating portions. I got stuck at 130 for a long time, and the food scale helped me tremendously.

I did a ton of walking + the 30 day shred at first. I switched to a pilates/ballet type workout + walking for the last 15 pounds, and now I'm lifting to drop my body fat percentage.

Consistency, and being honest with yourself about calories is the best and only way to go.

EDIT: running every day is a big no-no for new runners. It should really only be a couple days a week when you're starting out.
  • alli4350
    Options
    I started at 145 in January 2012. I reached 118 in June of 2012. I did a variety of things to achieve this: I did numerous Jillian Michaels' workouts (love these), I played Wii games, I ran. I eat between 1200 and 1500 calories per day net. Unfortunately, in the fall, the love of beer and football and laziness got the best of me and I quickly went back up to 129. Now, I'm back down at 124.8 with a goal of 115.
  • GC2B
    GC2B Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Bumping for a bookmark. These are similar stats to what i'm looking at, though not quite at low.
  • xoalynnxo
    xoalynnxo Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'2" and currently 148 trying to get to 115. I started at 160 back in November so it's taken me this long to get lose 12lbs. I workout 5-6 days a week with some days being double workouts (it's kind of my hobby). I also lift weights and eat between 1200-1400 a day. i monitor my macros to make sure that i am eating well rounded and would definitely recommend that. also note that when you get closer and into the healthy BMI range the weight loss does come slower.

maybe try to focus on fitness and nutrition and see the scale going down as an added benefit and it'll make it easier to stick with it and stay dedicated? that's helped me stick to it a lot. my weight also fluctuates a lot, but i try to remember this is a lifestyle change and that helps too. i know its hard not to define yourself by the scale, but in all honesty i feel like, until you shift your focus from that, one will always be yoyo dieting and dissatisfied. Here are the rules i try to live by:

*If you consistently eat like crap you will consistently look like crap
    *If you make a so-so effort you will get so-so results
    *If you crash diet half the time and overeat the other half of the time you will look and be miserable ALL of the time
    *If you want to be exceptional you will need to do what most others are not willing to do (Which in my head means sticking with it)

Hope this helps...sorry if it wasnt what you wanted to hear. feel free to add me if you want
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I started about a year ago and I was about 150 to start, I am 5'4. Now i'm about 122. I have done everything from walking, core strength classes, running, strength training, and stationary bikes but my favorite and most helpful excersise has been the elliptical. tracking everything honestly and logging everyday plus planning meals and snacks helped me alot. before i joined this site I had no idea how much i was eating, now I am forever conscious.
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    How do you have a 1000 calorie deficit per day when you are short and have fewer calories to play with?

I make sure I exercised enough to bring my deficit up to 1,000. It's actually not that hard and being short has nothing to do with it.
  • Krecob
    Options
    Thanks everyone this is all very helpful! Im a morning person so I like to get my workout done around 5:30 so I dont ever have to think about it again (until the next day). Im eating pretty healthy Id say, before I started with this website I probably ate once a day, and it wasnt a healthy meal (whatever was fast becasue i was starving at that point) I think changing my diet is really going to work. I have a desk job and Im so worried about gaining tons of lbs thats another reason I decided it was time to focus on myself and get into a healthy groove. Pushing myself through the workout and past the pain is my issue I always "half *kitten*" it as they say do enough to make my cheaks red and heart pounding but once im at that point i have troubles continuing. All of you are very motivating! Im looking forward to results
  • pbl1966
    pbl1966 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I started at 140 with an original goal of 120. Met that after about 3 1/2 months and have now been maintaining 105 for about 8 months. I ate 1200 calories plus about 1/2 the exercise calories MFP calculated as I do not have a HRM. I weighed and measured religiously, drank at least 10 glasses of water a day and did some exercise everyday. Plan on running my first 1/2 marathon in 12 days. Best of luck to you all, it can be done!
  • Krecob
    Options
    I am 5'1 and my starting weight 8/1/09 was 143lbs. My goal weight was 118lbs and I reached it in 12 weeks. Cardio 7 days a week, weight training 4 days a week and a 1,000 calorie deficit per day!

Ok ive been reading alot about calorie deficits.... How do I do this? I have no idea how many calories I was eating prior to 2 weeks ago to be honest. So based on that information how does one calculate a deficit? Working out more?
  • Krecob
    Options
    I started at 140 with an original goal of 120. Met that after about 3 1/2 months and have now been maintaining 105 for about 8 months. I ate 1200 calories plus about 1/2 the exercise calories MFP calculated as I do not have a HRM. I weighed and measured religiously, drank at least 10 glasses of water a day and did some exercise everyday. Plan on running my first 1/2 marathon in 12 days. Best of luck to you all, it can be done!

YAY, good job!
  • MammaSki2Boys
    Options
    same boat here, although i am 5'4

sw 144
    cw 135
    gw 115

i just need to make sure i keep myself motivated!
  • tnsons
    tnsons Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit - it is a pedometer like thing that you wear on your bra or hip. It counts your steps and tells me how many calories I burn daily. To get your calorie deficit you track your daily calories and compare that to how many you burned that day. I too shoot for 1000 calorie deficit daily. I do not always make this but I can then track and tell exactly how long it should take to loose a pound (3500 calorie deficit) etc..... There are a couple of diferent types of trackers but I absolutly love my fitbit. I works in conjunction with MFP and they sync together on the computer.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!