Replies

• apvalletta
    apvalletta Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • muhl85
    muhl85 Posts: 17
    Options
    a little taller and started at a lower weight with a lower goal weight, but this is what i am doing.
    i am 5'4". started at 127ish. i joined mfp last march but was starting to watch what i eat around a year ago in january 2012 (i had never been as high as 127 and felt gross so had to change).
    now that is has been about a year, i am down to 102 lbs, about 25 lbs in a year. the biggest thing that has worked for me is being honest about what i eat, and switching up my exercise so my body doesn't get used to it. if i had a binge day or drank 1000 calories in alcohol, then i log it not matter what to the best i can. just running the same amount or doing the same walks after a while i stopped losing, so i started doing crunches pushups squats and then some strength training with dumbbells and started losing again.

Pretty much this. I am 5'2" and got up to 137.5 a few years back due to a combination of mindless snacking, attempts at crash diets followed by bingeing, and not being honest about the damage an indulgent night at the bar could do. Keeping an accurate log of my intake helped tremendously and kept me on task. It also helped me to lay out a full day's worth of meals instead of trying to eat a tiny breakfast and lunch and feeling deprived and wanting to chew my arm off by dinner (and then raiding the cupboards later!). I got down to 118.5 in about 6 months, and am now back on with a goal of 106-108.
  • GCLyds
    GCLyds Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I am not there yet but I lost 15 lbs by working out everyday, and netting 1200-1300 cal per day.
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and 3/4... I started at 136 pounds and am now about 129... When i first tried losing weight i would run every single day, and eat about 1,200 which was undereating... I got down to about 119 and then i got really depressed and tired all the time so i started eating more and being healthy (which i thought i already was, but nope) So that is just an example of what not to do :)

I gained all my weight back and discovered strength training... I upped my calories, and i never feel deprived, PLUS im losing weight! I love it! And with strength training your weight doesnt matter as much because you could weigh the same, but when you have more muscle youll have less fat! When i got down to 119 before i still thought i was fat.... well i was, "skinny fat". But strength training gives that "toned" look that women are after....

So find a weight lifting program!
    -strength train 2-3x per week
    -you can still do cardio on off days(preferably HIIT)
    -And have at least 1-2 rest days!
    -i think that you should eat about 1,300 - 1,500 calories per day... less wont help you!

If you want to see what strength training can do to women, look up "weight lifting results" and stuff like that for women... Its inspiring!
  • FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and went from 138 to 110 and honestly it was eating more that did it. At 1200 I was stuck and lost NOTHING!!! Once I went to 1600+ the weight fell off..........

Other important things I did was buy a HRM and use a food scale =)
  • ZambiNan
    ZambiNan Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' even, start in March 2012 at 150 and have been maintaining around 120 since August of 2012. I ate 1200 calories + exercise for the first 4 months, did the 30 DS and a lot of running (3-4 times per week). I bumped up to 1400, then 1500, then 1600 calories, always eating exercise calories back. Now I'm maintaining eating around 1750 plus exercise calories each day, and running an average of 5 days a week, plus yoga a few times a week.

I was amazed at how quickly I lost the weight, but now I'm mostly amazed that I ever subsisted on 1200 calories a day. I like food WAY too much for that to be sustainable in the long-term.
  • smallmuscleathelete
    Options
    It's exciting to see so many people having the same goal as me!!!
    I'm 5'25 to be exact
    SW (Jan 10): 148 lbs
    CW (Feb 5): 139.8 lbs
    GW: 118 lbs

For the last 3.5 weeks, I tried to eat 1200 kcal and be more active. To be very honest, I had not exercised much, but I cut soda and coffee, back to drinking water and tea (which I like anyway!); eating more fruits and vegetables, cutting processed food consumption, having smaller portion and making better food choice. I felt much better after losing 8 lbs and will try to exercise more. Right now, I have 4 mini goals, get under:
    135 lbs, 130 lbs, 125 lbs and 120 lbs
  • jrich6
    jrich6 Posts: 26
    Options
    I'm 5'1" started at 142. Currently 136 and looking to get to 110. I've gotten down to 116 using this site, and am ready to do it again..... and always looking for new friends. :)
  • awake4777
    awake4777 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I am convinced that the older you are the harder it is to drop lbs. My goal is to be a true petite (size 6-8). Don't really care what I weight, but currently at 167 lbs, and figure another 40-50 lbs should do it. I'm thinking I'm not going to get under 120. Face is already falling. Just added rowing machine to my work out of cardio and strenth training. I do 2 hours 4 times per week, and 2 days of cardio. No workout on Sundays.
  • mrfrodogetdown
    mrfrodogetdown Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    This is me exactly. 5'2, 140, want to be 115. I'd be happy with 120, but 115 is my end goal.
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.
  • 86girl
    86girl Posts: 14
    Options
    bump
  • kflong
    kflong Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and currently 140lbs. Looking to get to 120. Started at 153, went to 130 (for a second!) and now at 140. Running and strength training is what was successful for me. I just need to do it again. Consistency is key (exercise, eating, being honest with yourself) I was eating really well and eliminated a lot of sugar, bad fats and starches.

My goal was 120 which was the weight I was when I got married but found at 130lbs on the scale (but lifting) I was fitting into clothes that I wore on my honeymoon (size 6).

Weight loss is a very personal thing and you need to play around with what others do until you find the perfect fit for you.

good luck
  • michmich68
    michmich68 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    bump
  • PINKinquisition1908
    Options
    BUMP BUMP BUMP
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1 and my starting weight 8/1/09 was 143lbs. My goal weight was 118lbs and I reached it in 12 weeks. Cardio 7 days a week, weight training 4 days a week and a 1,000 calorie deficit per day!

1000 calories from your TDEE?
  • lizburch1021
    Options
    I jut bought a fibit. With the fitbit I finally have started to lose weight! Yay! I love love love my fitbit. Will countiue to use even after I reach my goal weight.
  • vampiremeus
    vampiremeus Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    bump
  • peachezncreme
    peachezncreme Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    bump. this post may be useful to me in the future. I'm 5'3, but I'm 172 lbs, so I have a lot of work to do yet.
  • BluthLover
    BluthLover Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Bump!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!