5'2" Ladies who have gone from 140-115lbs

Options

Replies

• lyfurlong
    lyfurlong Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and currently 125. Was 154. I cannot see myself at 115 as I think it would be too low for me. Don't let the scale be the only judge. I went from size 10 to a 4. I also lift weights a couple of times of week and the scale has not moved much in the last few months but I am in the best shape of my life. I do cardio 6 days per week as well. I have my cals set to 1400 for maintanence and eat at least 1/2 of my exercise back for sure. I now love to exercise.
  • kcallas88
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my highest weight was 144.1lbs. I'm down to 127.5 now and am starting to focus more on body composition then loosing anymore weight. My original goal was 120. I worked out from about middle June to end of July and lost 8lbs. Then I maintained weight until October when I started working out again. I've lost 8-9 lbs since then. I'm focused more on looking good and not focusing on the scale.
  • Michshellars
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 5'1.5, SW:164 CW:152 and I've been fluctuating the past few weeks up and down a few pounds. I want to get down to 125. I like reading your success stories, it's very encouraging, way to go!
  • Krecob
    Krecob Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and currently 125. Was 154. I cannot see myself at 115 as I think it would be too low for me. Don't let the scale be the only judge. I went from size 10 to a 4. I also lift weights a couple of times of week and the scale has not moved much in the last few months but I am in the best shape of my life. I do cardio 6 days per week as well. I have my cals set to 1400 for maintanence and eat at least 1/2 of my exercise back for sure. I now love to exercise.

Great job! How long do you do cardio for? and How long did it take you to lose that weight?!
  • ilarrotta
    ilarrotta Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MorbidMander
    MorbidMander Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. An inch taller but I am 156 and I am looking to get down to 125. Depending on how I feel when I get there anyway
  • lauractemple85
    lauractemple85 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    That's me.

I'm 5'1 and went from 141 to 110.

The single item that made the BIGGEST difference for me was buying a food scale. Turns out, I am absolutely terrible at estimating portions. I got stuck at 130 for a long time, and the food scale helped me tremendously.

I did a ton of walking + the 30 day shred at first. I switched to a pilates/ballet type workout + walking for the last 15 pounds, and now I'm lifting to drop my body fat percentage.

Consistency, and being honest with yourself about calories is the best and only way to go.

EDIT: running every day is a big no-no for new runners. It should really only be a couple days a week when you're starting out.

I second the food scale! Buying a digital food scale was a great idea! Mine can count in grams or ounces, which is how most foods are weighed.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and currently at 140, would like to be down to 120 ideally.
  • Debbjones
    Debbjones Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3' and I went from 194 to 108 in the last 18 months. Started out by eliminating sugar from my diet then I found MFP about a year ago and I started tracking my food and calorie intake. Been on a maintenance plan for the last few months. It can be done but I find maintenance so much harder than dieting.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i am 5.2 ft and i started at 142 and i am not 117.6 i got as low as 116.4 but that was in dec and i have struggled to get under 188 until this am.. not sure if it is sticking around,lol.... it took me a year to lose 20 lbs, it was a very slow process but so worth it in the end! i started at 1200 cals and now i eat 1370 plus any exercise cals...
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later...
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" started at 153 this time around and I'm bouncing around 126 right now. I started with cardio and some strength training, but slowly moved into more strength training over time. I didn't focus on diet until I was 10 lbs down, but once I did I dropped the next 16 lbs faster. I've been at it since the end of May so about 8 months now. I am focusing on lifting 6x/week with short (20 min) cardio 2-3 times a week. I've been able to go from a size 12 to a 4 and have lost 8 inches from my midsection. I'm at about 22% BF and would like to get that down to 18-20%. Oh and I tried 1200 calories and felt like crap so I lost most of my weight at 1500 calories and a 500 calorie a day deficit (I have a BodyMedia Fit armband). I increased the intensity of my workouts in January and have been eating closer to 1800-1900 calories with a 250 cal deficit. I'm in no rush and if I can lose the fat without reducing my lean mass that would be perfect for me.
  • Hannah_W90
    Hannah_W90 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. So I'm 22 and 5 ft 3. I'm losing it really slow, taking it easy. I started in June last year at 142lbs and am now 128lbs. My goal is 120lbs. I've been eating between 1200 - 1400 calories a day, and I exercise 30 mins for 2 or 3 days a week because I'm too busy to fit much in.
    I eat what I want as long as its within my calorie limit for example I eat a chocolate bar every day.
    For me its been about low fat rather than low calories. I chose low fat everything - low fat meats, chocolate, crisps etc. I don't eat any bread, pasta or rice but I eat lots of potato. Its been really easy for me, if you've got time and you don't have a goal date when you want to lose the weight by then I recommend my method. EVERYTHING IN MODERATION. I don't think you should deny yourself the things you want, if you have the will power then it's great to be able to have what you want in small amounts.
    I've still got a way to go, I've lost about half a pound a week average, which means I have another 4 months to my goal weight, but that's fine by me as long as I get there!
    :happy:
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    a little taller and started at a lower weight with a lower goal weight, but this is what i am doing.
    i am 5'4". started at 127ish. i joined mfp last march but was starting to watch what i eat around a year ago in january 2012 (i had never been as high as 127 and felt gross so had to change).
    now that is has been about a year, i am down to 102 lbs, about 25 lbs in a year. the biggest thing that has worked for me is being honest about what i eat, and switching up my exercise so my body doesn't get used to it. if i had a binge day or drank 1000 calories in alcohol, then i log it not matter what to the best i can. just running the same amount or doing the same walks after a while i stopped losing, so i started doing crunches pushups squats and then some strength training with dumbbells and started losing again.
    hope this helps, and good luck to you with your loss.
    also, not sure what mfp has for you for intake, prolly at like 1200 but it may help to calculate your tdee, subtract 15%-20% from that and that may help you lose a little better. sometimes our bodies need more to lose, some people 1200 works others it doesn't just do what your body feels is best. don't deprive yourself of food you love and don't leave yourself starving. you can still lose weight and eat pizza, pasta, chocolate etc. just depends how you fit it in your day.
  • RoseDarrett
    RoseDarrett Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    After my second I weighed more than 140.I got down to 119.Which I was happy with.I'm 5'2,medium build and working to get back there again.
    I did cardio 3 days a week and strength training 4 days a week.I ate clean too.
    After my third,the weight doesn't seem to want to shift as easily.So I'm just working hard.

I'm happy to see what other women are doing and what's worked for them :)
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    That's me.

I'm 5'1 and went from 141 to 110.

The single item that made the BIGGEST difference for me was buying a food scale. Turns out, I am absolutely terrible at estimating portions. I got stuck at 130 for a long time, and the food scale helped me tremendously.

I did a ton of walking + the 30 day shred at first. I switched to a pilates/ballet type workout + walking for the last 15 pounds, and now I'm lifting to drop my body fat percentage.

Consistency, and being honest with yourself about calories is the best and only way to go.

EDIT: running every day is a big no-no for new runners. It should really only be a couple days a week when you're starting out.

I second the food scale! Buying a digital food scale was a great idea! Mine can count in grams or ounces, which is how most foods are weighed.

yes i third the food scale, i forgot to add that into my post. i got one a few months ago and i wasn't too bad at measuring but it helps so much more! now i know what 2 oz of pasta is supposed to look like haha. but yea that helps a lot too. i use it many times a day, most things i eat i measure first. also helps with recipes so i can cook with the right amount and not have too much or too little at the end.
  • jd7887
    jd7887 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and went from 154 to 113, took about 10 months (nice and slow). I found weight training made all the difference in the world for me. I also started running, but really noticed the changes when I started lifting. I ate around 1,300 on non-workout days and 1,500-1,600 on workout days. At maintenance I'm now eating about 1,600 on non and closer to 1,700-1,900 on workout days. Being short stinks, but you do what ya gotta do. Slow and steady is the way to go, much easier to make it a lifestyle change. I started out at about a 500 calorie a day deficit and when I got down to the last 15 I decreased to about 250 a day. I'm now trying to slowly increase to build some additional muscle.

Eat more protein to maintain your muscle, muscle burns more throughout the day and it's important to maintain as much as you can while eating at a deficit. I highly recommend changing your macros to 30% protein (MFP keeps it way too low).
  • jsuaccounting
    jsuaccounting Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I went from 145 to 135 and it made a big difference to my looks last spring. However, I also worked to gained some muscle. This year I am going to try for under 130 (pretty close already). Small changes I know but when you are petite it makes a difference. Now that I am 40 I gave up on getting under 120 again:)

I do well with lower carb and avoiding processed foods. I believe if you can gain even a little muscle it really makes a dramatic difference in combination with loosing a few pounds of fat.

Good luck - I wish you success!
  • Viva_Karina
    Viva_Karina Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!