5'2" Ladies who have gone from 140-115lbs

Options

Replies

• ChrissieP80
    ChrissieP80 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and have gone from 140lbs to 122lbs and my goal weight is 115lbs, today is my 3 month 'anniversary'.

I think there are two things which we have NO CONTROL OVER that really impact on the difficulty to lose the weight:
    1.) height (if you're short, you burn fewer calories whatever it is that you are doing)
    2.) age (metabolism slows down so it's easier to lose those last few pounds when you're 18 than when you're 48)

I do:
    Eat ~1500 calories per day (my TDEE is about 1900 as measured by my FitBit) - I started out eating 1200 but struggled to get a good nutritious diet like that particularly when trying to eat enough protein. Every time I stall I have INCREASED my cals (1200 to 1350, now 1500).
    Exercise 6 days a week (~4-5 days DVDs like 30DS, 1-2 days cardio like walking, running, swimming or zumba)

The most important thing I've learnt is that the scale is not everything. Take your measurements!
  • Krecob
    Krecob Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    YAY! ok so I just went out and bought the fitbit! Im very excited about this, anyone have suggestions or helpful hints?

-Also how does it know when your sleeping?
  • Brianna716
    Brianna716 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my heaviest was 153. As of this morning I'm at 135 :) My original goal is 125, we'll see how I look when I get there and I'll reevaluate my end goal if necessary. I haven't weighed less than 130 since I stopped growing (height wise). Here's my progress to date
    2012-05-29_11-57-11_978.jpg
    70fc55d1-87d9-496b-805a-9fd35c7c692c_zps57934f41.jpg
    2012-05-29_11-57-18_227-1.jpg
    ba5edc2d-b271-43cf-ba20-59da27188422_zps8b840074.jpg
  • Krecob
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my heaviest was 153. As of this morning I'm at 135 :) My original goal is 125, we'll see how I look when I get there and I'll reevaluate my end goal if necessary. I haven't weighed less than 130 since I stopped growing (height wise). Here's my progress to date
    2012-05-29_11-57-11_978.jpg
    70fc55d1-87d9-496b-805a-9fd35c7c692c_zps57934f41.jpg
    2012-05-29_11-57-18_227-1.jpg
    ba5edc2d-b271-43cf-ba20-59da27188422_zps8b840074.jpg

Great Job!
  • MrsWibbly
    MrsWibbly Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Going to follow this thread!

5'1" and just about to break through the 150 mark - my goal given my petite frame is 112.5 (why 112.5, because for my height that's a BMI of 22) although I would be exstatic to be under 120 for the first time since I was a teenager!

Although MFP recommends 1200 a day for me I just get hungry so I usually aim for 1500-1600, with some gentle activity daily plus three or four good workouts a week (Kettlenetics and running if I can get outside).

Started on 1st Jan and so far I'm 4lbs down but 8 inches lost. Hoping to break through the 150 mark on Monday which should keep me focused over the weekend!
  • arpr1ncess
    Options
    bump
  • LeonnieH
    LeonnieH Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I started with MFP in July/Aug last year and reached goal weight in Jan this year so roughly 5 months. I started at around 135lb (was around 140 before joining MFP) and now 110lb - I'm 5'3". My diary is unlocked so you can peek if you want but basically I stayed around 1200-1400 cals per day - all whole/unprocessed foods and you won't find any "diet" "low fat" food in my diary. I eat lots of fruit and veggies, meat and healthy fats - carbs in moderation but certainly not low carb. Exercise has been running, walking and pilates - started strength training in Nov. I've been very strict with very few cheat days (hasn't been difficult because I've felt very focussed and motivated) and try to get some form of exercise in every single day even if it's just a walk. For those days where I know more cals will be eaten then I'll exercise to earn the additional cals. Now focussing on improving the strength training but will continue with running and pilates because I enjoy it, have increased cals now to around 1600 per day and have been maintaining weight on that level since Jan.
  • MinyMinnie
    Options
    Bump for later! :D
  • Krecob
    Options
    I started with MFP in July/Aug last year and reached goal weight in Jan this year so roughly 5 months. I started at around 135lb (was around 140 before joining MFP) and now 110lb - I'm 5'3". My diary is unlocked so you can peek if you want but basically I stayed around 1200-1400 cals per day - all whole/unprocessed foods and you won't find any "diet" "low fat" food in my diary. I eat lots of fruit and veggies, meat and healthy fats - carbs in moderation but certainly not low carb. Exercise has been running, walking and pilates - started strength training in Nov. I've been very strict with very few cheat days (hasn't been difficult because I've felt very focussed and motivated) and try to get some form of exercise in every single day even if it's just a walk. For those days where I know more cals will be eaten then I'll exercise to earn the additional cals. Now focussing on improving the strength training but will continue with running and pilates because I enjoy it, have increased cals now to around 1600 per day and have been maintaining weight on that level since Jan.

Great job! I cant wait until i can say that, you have accomplished a lot! Im going to take a look at your food diary!
  • purplesparklies
    purplesparklies Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Going to follow this thread!

5'1" and just about to break through the 150 mark - my goal given my petite frame is 112.5 (why 112.5, because for my height that's a BMI of 22) although I would be exstatic to be under 120 for the first time since I was a teenager!

Although MFP recommends 1200 a day for me I just get hungry so I usually aim for 1500-1600, with some gentle activity daily plus three or four good workouts a week (Kettlenetics and running if I can get outside).

Started on 1st Jan and so far I'm 4lbs down but 8 inches lost. Hoping to break through the 150 mark on Monday which should keep me focused over the weekend!

I'm right there with ya! Hoping to break 150 Monday or Tuesday. Tuesday is my official weekly weigh-in day. I am 5'1.5". Can not wait to break 150. It's a milestone for me. Weekends are always a challenge. Fingers crossed!

Don't know if I'll ever break 120. I think I'll be very happy if I get to 125. I have a larger frame and a muscular build. Will have to wait and see how I feel. I started last January and am down just a hair under 110 lbs. thus far. I am ecstatic to be 25 lbs. away from my goal.

Good luck! Stay focused! We'll get it done!
  • yayane89
    yayane89 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hello! first post, but I am 5'2 115 lbs and its taken be a little over a year to lose the baby weight. I actually started off at 172 but was stuck at 140 for the longest time I started with salads and cardio for 30 minutes,salads get very boring quickly so I've started just eating normally if I want spaghetti I eat it, just in a small cup it hits the spot. I have had more success this way than with salads just remember portion control. good luck on your health journey!! :)
  • fablevins
    fablevins Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Great job, yayane89! I'm glad you brought this thread back to life! I"m 5'2 and would like to hit 115 before the year is out! :smile:
  • Twinkie2530
    Twinkie2530 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and weigh 145.6.. Oct of 2011 I weighed 230... I don't think I want to be 115 pounds because I love having hips and curves and when I dropped below 129, I started losing them. My goal right now is 130.. After that, I just want to tone up. I don't think I would ever see 115 lol!
  • emmawatts22
    Options
    bump for later
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I"m 5'0" and started at 153 - Currently 137 - would like to get around 120 - anything below that and I start looking sick. Anyway - first I cut out soda and started going skating with the kids once a week.

This way I dropped the first 10 pretty fast.

Then I started adding in some portion control (scale!) and still eat/drink what I want, just less of it (wine is a downfall tho! LOL)

I've kinda slowed down the last 5# or so - but mostly because I wasn't staying in my goals (some household stress and that darn wine again). (I try to net 1250)

Anyway - back on track and trying to increase the exercise, just trying to find something I really like to do. I can't afford a gym at this time, so that is out, but I go for walks, and have a few different videos I've been trying out. I'll find my nitch here soon.
  • zanthee66
    zanthee66 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • SarahxApple
    SarahxApple Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I started at 139.6lbs and I am aiming for about 116lbs I measure in kgs though as I'm a Brit and I am 5'2.75" it's easier to say 158cm. I have lost 12lbs since Jan/Feb time, to be honest though I am less focused on weight now I am 127lbs I am more focused on what my body can do, I do CrossFit and I run and do a couple of fun classes Zumba/Legs Bums Tums and I am going to start training for a Triathlon this summer.

I generally eat back half of my exercise calories (although I fell off the wagon with all the chocolate at Easter), my goal is 1540 calories and I try not to eat more than 2000-2100 regardless of how much exercise I have done.

Really my advice is with only 25lbs to lose take it slowly and also if you are lifting etc... measurements are important as well, even if the scale doesn't move you will still look better.
  • Krecob
    Options
    Wonderful job ladies! I am currently at 124 and like what I'm hearing, and I say hearing because I don't see the changes (slight dysmorphic issues) however everyone else around me cannot stop the compliments! Patience has been the key to my success, I did slight lifestyle changes throughout the year last year (started Feb 2013) and it really has paid off (smaller portions, less take out, more water, more walking). My goal at this time is still 115 but I am in no hurry! Keep living healthy.
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Hi, I started at 142 lbs in Sept 2013. I am now down to 118 with only 3 more lbs to my goal weight of 115 lbs. I measured my food (but mostly did not weigh it) and logged it. I averaged 1250-1350 calories per day. I am also doing moderate exercise - mostly walking 8,000-10,000 steps a day with my fitbit. And pilates. Its probably slower than I'd have wanted, but this is a lifestyle change for me - one that I can sustain for hopefully a long time. Good luck on your journey. Feel free to add me as friend if you need support and we can swap tips and such.:)
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3". I've been yo-yoing between 135 and 145 for my whole adult life. Then I grew tired of dieting&regaining and killing myself with endless cardio and I started doing things differently. I am now at 134.
    A moderate deficit and strength training are making a huge difference. I'm not depriving myself, my body composition has improved (I am now heavier than last summer but all my measurements have gone down) and I feel healthy, fit and happy.
    I weigh everything but I usually have at least a couple of "whatever" meals a week, i.e. dinner at grandma's, night out with friends.

I never eat below 1500 and I'm losing 2-3 lbs a month. It will take a few more months to be where I want to be (I don't really have a goal weight), but I'm fine. I'm done with diets :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!