Who would you save first?

Options

Replies

• skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    The wife is a life guard and swim teacher.

The kids have all been long-time swim team kids.

I swim, but not often (no one wants to see my giant belly).

They'd better all be trying to save me. :)

Ha ha, fingers crossed for you then!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Save SO first.

Why? Well considering how I feel about children, I hate them to the point I was sterilized, I'm sure I would bear any child of mine a lot of resentment, so I feel I'd save my partner first.

None the less, grim question. :o

That's almost as depressing as the OP.

oh well, different strokes for different folks
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Save SO first.

Why? Well considering how I feel about children, I hate them to the point I was sterilized, I'm sure I would bear any child of mine a lot of resentment, so I feel I'd save my partner first.

Not really. I can definitely relate to where she's coming from.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Given that we're talking plural children, I'd hope the SO pulled his or her *kitten* into gear and HELPED me save the babies in the backseat.
    Ditto

We used to have this conversation, having 3 kids close in age (3 in car seats for awhile).. What would we do if a shooter entered a restaurant, who would rescue which kid in case of the car flipping into a river...
  • Beastx10
    Options
    All the ones on here getting mad and saying it isn't funny are all the usual trolls, they are probably pissed off they didn't think to post it, and if one of their friends posted it they would think it was hilarious. OP don't worry about them , they are a bunch of "you know whats"

I think you need to look up the definition of internet troll.

I answered the question, yes . . . do I think the question is hilarious? not on any planet in any dimension.
    oooooookkkkkkaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy
    Exactly, cuz the poster isn't one of your "friends"
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    Save SO first.

Hate and resentment are very strong feelings. That's what I meant.
  • Beastx10
    Options
    All the ones on here getting mad and saying it isn't funny are all the usual trolls, they are probably pissed off they didn't think to post it, and if one of their friends posted it they would think it was hilarious. OP don't worry about them , they are a bunch of "you know whats"

bull.

mmmmmmhmmmmmmmm
    LMAO
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Save SO first.

Hate and resentment are very strong feelings. That's what I meant.

Yes, they are however you also don't know where she's coming from. I have often said I hate children or that I am deathly allergic to them. Hence the reason I will never have any. Would I resent my child if god forbid I got pregnant? Heck yes because it would be impeding on the lifestyle that I currently have and I have no desire to change it.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    You're in a car with your SO and kids, the driver loses control and ends up driving into a lake.

Who would you save first?

I'd save my kids , youngest first as he would have the least chance. Husband can take care of himself.

My kids are 18 and 16 and in pretty good shape. They could probably save themselves. Therefore having to go with SO.
  • Beastx10
    Options

Somebody's been lurking and keeping notes!

not really.....its very easy to spot what goes on in here.
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    emmabeckemeyer1 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Thankfully my oldest two can swim...I would unbuckle all three children (5years, 2.5 years, and 3 months) and push the older two out of the car. I would then unbuckle husband and get out with the baby. I would then go back for my husband.
  • koridoobah
    koridoobah Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Well aren't you a ray of sunshine?

LOL :laugh:
  • AllTehBeers
    Options

Somebody's been lurking and keeping notes!

not really.....its very easy to spot what goes on in here.

Ha. Might want to tell that to certain mods.
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    It would depend on who I have the best life insurance payout for...
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    :smokin: I'm the driver. And I never lose control.
  • Beastx10
    Options

Such an angry past-member-resurrected post....

not angry at all, I just calls it like I sees it! LMAO
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    this is why i ride a bike.
  • sclarktiw
    Options
    A dead husband is way better than dead kids.

Uhm...OUCH....
  • sclarktiw
    Options
    Well, I definately am making a list of those I WONT DRIVE WITH....
  • LethainIowa
    Options
    I don't have a SO or kids.....I'd save my dog.