Would you be Offended if...?

Options

Replies

• PopCorn_Said
    Options
    not as long as I get to come home to this

hot dogs + sharp cheddar + lean hamburg + Thick cut hickory bacon + Sweet Baby rays bbq sauce + TURTLE BURGERS!

turtleburger_zpsd3c3ca9c.jpg

made mac n cheese with bacon bits stuffed jalapeno meatloaf wrapped in apple cider cured BACON!! It...was...epic!!!!

BACONLoaf_zps388e4620.jpg

It gets funnier every single time I see it!

How do you even make this?!?!!? I want a step by step post!
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options

hot dogs + sharp cheddar + lean hamburg + Thick cut hickory bacon + Sweet Baby rays bbq sauce + TURTLE BURGERS!

made mac n cheese with bacon bits stuffed jalapeno meatloaf wrapped in apple cider cured BACON!! It...was...epic!!!!

is this some sort of sociological study?

IT IS!

i know an arm chair sociologist when i see one!!!

...you post this everywhere today....

It has been interesting to watch as, this morning, people would get distracted by it and start to comment on it or post other things, and as the day has progressed, people have ignored it more and more, until it has come full circle to being an effective hijack because it's been done so much people are wondering if it means anything, and if so - what?

(hint: it doesn't mean any more than bacon is awesome)

It currently lives in about 30 different forum posts
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I would not because my Wife knows I'm trying to get into better shape, lose weight, and take care of myself.

I can tell you that if I was content with my body and was not intending/trying to make changes, yeah, it would probably piss me off.

Consider this your warning....getting something like that for your S.O. when they have not mentioned, suggested, or otherwise stated they want to get in better shape...it could be seen as you saying "Yeah, yer fat and I have a problem with it."

(edited because I apparently spell words like a 2 year old. )
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Nope. My now husband got me sessions early on because he saw how hard I work and wasn't getting the results I wanted and I surely couldn't afford it as a single mother.
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    A year ago? Yes, I would be offended. Now? Not so much - would love it.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

IT IS!

It has been interesting to watch as, this morning, people would get distracted by it and start to comment on it or post other things, and as the day has progressed, people have ignored it more and more, until it has come full circle to being an effective hijack because it's been done so much people are wondering if it means anything, and if so - what?

I fear I am missing the joke. Is it funny to someone, somewhere?
  • Scandinavia
    Scandinavia Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    If you have weight to lose, and you're already interested in health and your SO knows, then no. If it's out of the blue...that would just plain suck and most people would be offended.
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options

IT IS!

I fear I am missing the joke. Is it funny to someone, somewhere?
    yup, refer to pretty much all responses to it
  • Sharkington
    Options
    Personally, I would not be offended because my boyfriend knows how important my fitness is to me - it's better than last minute candy/flowers from RiteAid, imo.
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    If I got something like that for my wife, her response would be "Find someone to watch Chaos (our 3 year old), and just tell me where and when."

And in regards to the meat pics...

AMATEUR. Try a maple syrup (and I mean REAL maple syrup, not the watered down stuff you see in most stores) marinaded pork tenderloin rubbed with cracked pepper, then wrapped in thick cut bacon that's been marinating in the maple as well. Then sprinkle on more pepper, throw into a slow smoker that's packed with hickory for about 6-8 hours. Slice and serve.

When you see that 1/2" of pink smoke ring and taste the tender sweetness, you think you've gone to heaven.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    With me actively exercising and lifting weights, no. If I wasn't doing those things and showed no interest then yes, I might have been offended. He knows it's something I'd like at this point in my life though so I'd actually be thrilled.
  • curlytop0218
    Options
    Nope not at all :)
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    No, because my husband knows that I am interested in improving my health and working towards certain goals. If I wasn't working towards these goals or showing other signs that it would be something I like then probably. Think of why you want to give the gift. Do you think the person should get it because you think he or she needs it or because s/he wants it??
  • Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I would be thrilled!
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    It depends, I'd be really excited now. If it was a year ago, I would have been pist.
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    If you didn't ask for it and clearly were not all that interested in fitness and exercise... yeah... maybe a bit.

That being said, if my bf got me personal training sessions I would be completely stoked!
  • PrincessMissDee
    PrincessMissDee Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Do you guys actually buy real gifts for Valentines? We just treat it as a made up thing, get cards at best and usually a little token or a gift we can use together.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    no i wouldn't, it's a great idea and show they care about your health and well being.
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    not if I'd expressed a desire to get fit

**** valentines though
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Now no because we both are working on improving our fitness together and he supports me. A few years ago... yes I would have been like ummmmmmmm thanks you think I'm fat??? I had a bf tell me once I was "pleasantly plump". Omg I had never been called plump before in my life! and I never will again.