Replies

• kassy1_1
    kassy1_1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1640, Set for 1 lb a week.:smile:
  • sheri3762
    sheri3762 Posts: 159
    Options
    I'm set at 1200, but i eat 1300-1600 depending on the day and how much I excercise. I eat back half my excercise calories usually. How many excercise calories do you guys eat back and how is it working for you?

Beckiy, don't think your eating enough. Try to get at least 1200. I keep almonds on hand all the time and they get me to my caloreis if I need them! Just a handful will usually give you the boost you need in calories!! If you don't like almongs, a big glass of milk will do it too!
  • empiremom
    empiremom Posts: 52
    Options
    1520 and i set it for one pound a week. i usually lose 2.

it has to do with how tall you are too. dont forget that.

i eat nothing that has a label on it! if it has to be explained to me in chemical terms...i dont need it!

that has helped tremendously...
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I am set for 1200 per day for 2 lb weight loss per week, but I never quite get more than 8-900 calories everyday. I am drinking more water and feel stuffed and just don't want to eat anymore.. Very little exercise.. Is this good or not?

Nope it's not. This is how I used to diet before I realized I couldn't get my proper nutrition in less than 1200 cals a day. You will lose and lose fast but it will stop and where do you go when your weight plateaus? You can't eat less. You'd be better off doing some exercise. IT will increase your appetite.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I get 1410 and eat most of my exercise cals. I'm close to my goal weight tho and am only shooting for 1/2 a pound a week.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1200 calories to lose 2 lbs a week. Of course it goes up if I exercise. My goal is to exercise for an hour 5 days a week.

I'm so confused, though.... why do some folks have such high calorie amounts?? Are y'all living in the gym or something?? Seriously, I don't get it. :huh: But it's ok, I'll just assume MFP knows what they're doing and do what it tells me. :drinker:

My goal is 1800. It is so high because that is my (lab-tested) RMR. My Resting Metabolic Rate is 24% faster than average. I tried for 8 months to lose while eating between 1200 and 1450, but was unsuccessful because that is actually considered VLCD for my RMR and should have only been attempted under a Dr. supervision (according to the dietician). So gradually over the last 6 weeks, I've brought my intake up to my RMR, minimum, and increased my workouts. Still not losing or gaining. Simply maintaining. I'm going to give it some time before I make any more changes, however. Also, I only have 25 or so pounds to lose and my BF% is 27. So I'm not considered "obese", technically.
  • Griffin90
    Griffin90 Posts: 64 Member
    Options

I haven't done it for 2 weeks and gained a pound. I have to be more disciplined. I have started running so that has balanced things out.
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    1780 without exercise

2874 with exercise. Yup...2 workouts burn 1094 cals and it's hard to eat all of those in a day!
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    But I'm not going to crazy if I'm over or under by about 100.