Tips to curb your hunger and help your metabolism

Options
1235»

Replies

• gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    150-300 calories is a 'big' breakfast? In that case, my breakfasts are colossal. :laugh: 150 calories is 1/2 cup dry oats cooked in water...LOL how in holy HELL is that 'big'?

Depends on what you eat. I personally don't like oatmeal (the texture's an issue for me. I don't really know why). But a hard boiled egg, a 1/2 cup of fried rice with veges and a mug of sweetened green tea or chai usually fills me up pretty quickly.

I do 3/4 C of oatmeal and a small banana....fills me up, keeps me satisfied and tastes yummy!
  • whitmars106
    whitmars106 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    :laugh: When have you ever seen an athlete eat slowly? Bahahaha!
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Damn why is everybody so snappy?

The OP is just posting some TIPS that might be of use to some and not so much for others! Thank you! :)

Agreed. And I actually do the tips she's posted. The smaller "meals" are really snacks and keep your blood sugar (and all the hormones that go with that) in check. I agree with the original poster.

Which makes the advice right for you, and for the OP, and for several other people. And no one will argue that.

But not for everyone. Which is why people get their panties in a bunch when it's presented as universal truth.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I''ll never understand why some new posters come on first thing and put up lists of myth and broscience like this and think it's helpful and get all defensive when it's criticized. Do people like the OP really think we are all just looking for then to arrive and enlighten us all? Never have seen one of these g o well.

Hahahahahahahaha! Love it! Those fake 'enlighten' moments are also what keeps the diet industry going.
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    She is 21...........and has a lot to learn. Give her a break guys!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    OP, I know you mean well, but this is just not true (well, the coffee part is fine)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/820577-meal-frequency-rev-up-that-furnace-lol

I was actually going to post this link, too. Lots of good information here.

Truth is, almost everyone you ask will tell you that they believe eating many small meals a day and always eating breakfast are two surefire ways to "kickstart" their metabolism. I personally felt liberated when I found out that neither of these theories hold up scientifically. What truly matters is 'calories in versus calories out', unless the previous two theories help you adhere to your plan - in which case, by all means, anything to make it easier for you to succeed.

Keep it as simple as possible.

I don't blame people for repeating the above two theories as fact because it is literally repeated EVERYWHERE in every women's health article, talk show, and by every 'personal trainer' at every gym I've ever come across. There was a lot of "magic debunking" I had to wade through when I first started on MFP, too, but I was glad to dispel the magic and learn how simple it could be.

*Edited to add, I was also extremely appreciative of anyone who, no matter how many times (I later realized) they had to repeat it, was willing to offer information in an honest and patient way. It's the only reason I'm not still chasing my tail worrying about meal timing/carbs/fat and/or trying out new & fabulous diet pills. People took the time to say why these things don't work and I learned.