Binge Eating... Do you Own up?

Options
12346»

Replies

• Belinda658
    Belinda658 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, I liken myself to an alcoholic. Only for me, it's sugary sweet things rather than alcohol.

I know that feeling! I work with drug addicts and alcoholics and when they explain their addiction to me, I think to myself, that's me only with food. Some how I am able to offer them help but have not been able to apply my own advice to myself :huh:

I used to be like this. I used to get so frustrated when people didn't get it. I had depression and issues with food for a long tie. Chocolate was my worst food. I'd eat boxes of chocolate in a sitting often. I remember on Christmas I had to rebuy some prsents coz I ate them. Binge eating usually stems from something you may not be aware of. I have seen a psychologist for a long time. I really feel like starting to not hate myself and not be as depressed helped me not binged as much.

But I still think I have trigger foods. I could never used to believe people who said they learned to eat in moderation. I do think not being as scared of food and eating more has helped but it's not as simp as that of course. I still don't trust myself to buy chocolate and only eat a little at a time. I've gotten to the stage here ican just not buy the file and don't want to. Now I know that is easier said than done bu I want you to know I HAVE been there and you CAN get control over this.