Anyone know of any low calorie IPA's??

Options

Replies

• saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    *pssst* The I stands for India. Not imperial.

Hah! Yes it does.

Unfortunately I'm drunk and got that mixed up.

Carry on.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    IPA are India Pale Ales and they are a thick darker beer. I love them but hate the calories they bring. One trick I have done it to get a glass with ice and put them in. It add water to it so it lasts longer and takes longer drink. Plus you are getting some hydration which will help flush out the beer better. With the darker beers they don't seem to water down with taste like a Bud Light or other beer.

There are so many things wrong with this post that I don't even know where to start. :angry:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    170 on the low side for a good strong IPA, consider that even somewhat flavorless beers will be around 125-150. Last time I made some it came out a lot stronger than that!

An IPA is a pale ale but stronger and more hops, thus the word "Imperial". And since the "P" means PALE, it's stylistically incorrect to have a dark one, though it does happen in rare cases.

If you like good beer like I do... save up calories, exercise, and don't drink a ton of them. Sorry.

*pssst* The I stands for India. Not imperial.

Yup. Unless you're getting an Imperial IPA, then YOU GETTIN' DOUBLE.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    no
  • firstsip
    Options
    IPA are India Pale Ales and they are a thick darker beer. I love them but hate the calories they bring. One trick I have done it to get a glass with ice and put them in. It add water to it so it lasts longer and takes longer drink. Plus you are getting some hydration which will help flush out the beer better. With the darker beers they don't seem to water down with taste like a Bud Light or other beer.

There are so many things wrong with this post that I don't even know where to start. :angry:

I didn't respond to it because I want to pretend it didn't happen.
  • BCinDenver
    BCinDenver Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    There is no "imperial" in IPA. The I stands for India.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Beer is meant to be enjoyed not to be calories counted.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Some of these replies make me want to strangle people. Just glad there is good to go along with the bad.
  • dmkoenig
    dmkoenig Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Stone IPA is one of the best IPAs I have tried. At 188 calories (12 oz) you are getting a lot of bang for your calorie intake...hmmm...a slice and a half of bread or a Stone...let me re-think lunch...
  • millions0fpeaches
    millions0fpeaches Posts: 195 Member
    Options

I didn't respond to it because I want to pretend it didn't happen.
    Didn't you know that pale ales are dark beers?! Clearly pale = dark.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options

Ok, I'm passing out the pitchforks. Does anyone have any hot oil or feathers?
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Drink Guinness. There's 125 calories in 12 ounces and it's filling. "There's a pork chop in every pint!"
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Stone IPA is one of the best IPAs I have tried. At 188 calories (12 oz) you are getting a lot of bang for your calorie intake...hmmm...a slice and a half of bread or a Stone...let me re-think lunch...

Thanks for answering my question!

I'll look into this.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Get a Lagunitas Sucks for about 250 calories and call it a day.

Already did. In my diary from last night. It was welcomed after a Leinie sunset wheat that had way too much blueberry and sweet. But, it was only $3, so...
  • firstsip
    Options

Thanks for answering my question!

I'll look into this.

And if it makes you feel better, OP, craft beer tends to have the same B vitamin count as the most nutrient dense whole wheat bread, plus the antioxidants. SOOOO... it's not COMPLETELY empty ;)
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Enjoy life with a nice cold beer. Don't let it stress you out.
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options

IPAs are not a darker beer and they are not thicker. And adding ice cubes to beer is just wrooooooooooooooong.

I read that post 3 times in disbelief, besides not being dark and thick, ADD WATER???! :noway:

I like good beer and will not usually sacrifice taste over calories. But just remember the higher the alcohol content the higher the calorie content, so you probably won't drink as much as you would other beers.
  • juditanne
    juditanne Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    anyone in the midwest ever go to Dark Lord Day at Three Floyd's in Munster, IN?

BEST TIMES.
  • firstsip
    Options
    anyone in the midwest ever go to Dark Lord Day at Three Floyd's in Munster, IN?

BEST TIMES.

RUB IT IN WHY DON'T YOU.