What Do WOMEN want for Valentines Day?!?!?!?!

Options

Replies

• Lmom1
    Lmom1 Posts: 5
    Options
    don't buy me something, take me somewhere. Bed and Breakfasts (with whirlpools) are awesome! You plan the whole thing. All I need to do is pack.

and of course it is assumed we will spend quaility time just paying attention to each other!
  • bethFromDayton
    bethFromDayton Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I want flowers. And I want them sent to work. And I want them sent on Monday so I can enjoy them all week.

DH, however, is a bit obtuse. So I spelled it out for him :-). He is happy so he knows what to do, and I'm happy because I'll have pretty flowers to admire at work all day next week.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Shoot guys have it easy. You can't really go wrong with dinner, flowers, food, etc. What I want to know is what to get the GUY :noway:

I agree somewhat that it's a silly holiday so I don't expect a whole lot, really it's all stuff that should be done "just because" throughout the year, but a little special something is nice.
  • cecyvaquero
    cecyvaquero Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Victoria's Secret or some very expensive purse
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    For you to put the damn toilet seat down. I mean, seriously, how many times does she have to tell you?

This!

Can't you just look and see that it's up? I don't have trouble with the concept. I leave it up when I pee. When I need to poop I see it's up and lower it. It's pretty simple.
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Consideration, Respect, Affection. Compliments. Gratitude for what she does.

Instead of looking outside for something new and different, pay attention to what she says, what she likes, what she dislikes. If she is a person who likes happy surprises, then give her what makes her happy. If she does not like surprises, ask her directly what she would like from you.

Hand made certificates for chores you know she hates...then do it when she asks. Clean her car, change the bed sheets, run the vac, do the dishes.

An overnight in a posh hotel with a great view, wonderful food, clean sheets, and your undivided attention.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Handy tip: tell her you got her something already and that she'll like it a great deal, then make her guess what you got her. What she lists is the answer to your question.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    How about you finish all the 50 home projects that you started last year and never finished?
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    We have a tradition of a couple bottles of champagne, pizza and a zombie movie marathon.

I'm pretty fancy, what can I say.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    this is our first VD together. Just hanging out with him is good for me.

One should always love and treat their partner kindly. A sad commentary that we need a hallmark holiday for it.
  • DrBentonQuest
    Options
    this is our first VD together.
    I always read 'VD' as 'venereal disease.' Gross.

http://www.fat-pie.com/love.htm
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Back door.

^ this

Casting my vote.
  • nld410
    nld410 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    A day off from being a mom!!

AMEN!!!! you don't have to spend a lot of money, but hire a babysitter, let me take a shower uninterupted, let me do my hair and get dressed up. take me to a good restaurant where we can visit with each other and there aren't a lot of kids. candlelight dinner is nice. or book a bed and breakfast, one that has a hot tub!!!! or..... give me a spa day with the girls...... and if you can't spend any money...... just clean the house from top to bottom and let me take a nap while u watch the kids :)
  • lindseym1983
    Options
    An orgasm where she doesn't have to reciprocate...that's always nice. ;) Or snuggles, flowers, and all that other stuff everyone else said. lol
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Clean house, bottle of wine, pizza.
  • nld410
    nld410 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    um... that was in a movie
  • BeccaLevine
    BeccaLevine Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Honestly, if I came home and the house was clean and a hot dinner made I would be in heaven :love:
  • krislyn84
    krislyn84 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Clean house, bottle of wine, pizza.

This x2.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    They want a new vacuum and pink pots and pans

Totally joking here... I have something amazing for mine
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    A tasty homemade dinner, a hug, a single rose, and just time spent with your loved one!!

This one is a trap. I have tried it in the past and the one I was with at the time thought that I forgot valentine's day and I was trying to get out of being in trouble. Get something that shows you did not forget.

good lord. you guys know some greedy women.

My ex didn't understand I didn't want "stuff"...he'd say "i'm sorry I dont' have money"...

My favorite thing he ever gave to me was a letter he wrote. One page. By hand. Saying how much he loved me.

that didn't cost anything.

Ehem, keyword "ex." Also, go through the forum and count the number of material answers. Flowers and Jewelery are my favorites by the way. One thing that will die and another that has literally no value beyond the the arbitrary one assigned to it. It's shiny rocks and metal ladies.

judgy judginess much??

None of your business why he is my ex. But i can assure you it had nothing to do with his pockets not being deep enough to please me.

p.s. I find heteronormativity to be utterly boring. Critical thinking is a bare minimum requirement.