If I eat snow... does that count towards my water intake?

Options

Replies

• BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    No. Smirnoff doesn't count toward water no matter what accent you drink it in. Only Ruski wodka ees Stoli.

If I drink 8 glasses of that will I get fired?

This website is so full of know-it-alls who know absolutely nothing.

Listen, I'm a chemist.* Most wodka is like 40% alcohol or 80 proof. What do you think the other 60 percent is?? WATER. To get your 8 glasses you just need to drink 13 glasses to get 8 glasses worth of water.

FFS. Stop spreading misinformation people.
  • BurtHuttz
    Options
    *hobbyist.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    No. Smirnoff doesn't count toward water no matter what accent you drink it in. Only Ruski wodka ees Stoli.

If I drink 8 glasses of that will I get fired?

Listen, I'm a chemist.* Most wodka is like 40% alcohol or 80 proof. What do you think the other 60 percent is?? WATER. To get your 8 glasses you just need to drink 13 glasses to get 8 glasses worth of water.

If I get drunk off one glass of wine... will I be able to handle 13 glasses of straight vodka?
  • BurtHuttz
    Options
    If I get drunk off one glass of wine... will I be able to handle 13 glasses of straight vodka?

It's only 40% alcohol. It's 60% water. I don't see how I'm not being clear.
  • LMick1986
    Options

Chemist....hobbyist......I say genius.
  • MireyGal76
    Options

my apologeeeseses I'm alrrrrrready on too my fourft glassse
  • MireyGal76
    Options

arr yu m,y mot her?
  • LMick1986
    Options
    arr yu m,y mot her?

Oh hi donkey. Say hello to your motha for me.
  • BurtHuttz
    Options

arr yu m,y mot her?

You're doing great. Just call 911 or whatever the canadian equivalent is, and leave it off the hook while you finish the last 9 8-ounce glasses of vodka. That way in case you get sleepy they'll already be on the way.

10_late_night_wahlberg.jpg
  • ChristieisReady
    ChristieisReady Posts: 708 Member
    Options

arr yu m,y mot her?

You're doing great. Just call 911 or whatever the canadian equivalent is, and leave it off the hook while you finish the last 9 8-ounce glasses of vodka. That way in case you get sleepy they'll already be on the way.

^ Is this a Canadian ambulance?
  • MireyGal76
    Options

arr yu m,y mot her?

nooo... this is...
    Adventure6.jpg
  • alishacupcake
    alishacupcake Posts: 419 Member
    Options

arr yu m,y mot her?

nooo... this is...
    Adventure6.jpg

Mushhh!!
  • jkcrawford
    jkcrawford Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I'm from Canada too and if you look close enough you can find some Chocolate Chunks in there...but dig deep they are close to the bottom. Remember dark chocolate is the best.

Oh and watch out for the snow snakes!!
  • LMick1986
    Options
    Oh and watch out for the snow snakes!!

Ross-Why-Would-You-Do-That.gif

I can't even go outside now!!!
  • chaoticgeek
    chaoticgeek Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You're eating it, not drinking it, so no, it doesn't count.

How do you figure? Water in any form is still water, h2o in solid, gas, or liquid phase is still h2o.

TOTALLY FALSE. Well, partially false. If the original poster swallows gulp-fulls of humid air there is no way that her body is going to find that at all useful. There is so much bad facts on this sight.

It is still the same, water. Most of the time when you 'swallow' air it goes into your lungs, at least that is how it happens with me.

However if you did eat humid air it could contribute to your daily water intake. However the water vapor density is so low that the amount of air you need to consume to get any signification portion of water is so massive that I don't think a person could actually get their daily water needs from eating air. Like one poster said about 10 cups of snow to get 1 cup of water.

Lets assume that since the OP has snow it is 0C so according to wikipedia [1] there is less then 1% of water vapor in air. So you have to consume over 100 cups of air to equal 1 cup of water. Now you could trap 100 cups of air and cool the air down and have the water condense into a drinkable liquid but then it would just be drinking water in liquid form again.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_vapor#Water_vapor_and_dry_air_density_calculations_at_0_.C2.B0C
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    well... I passed out from the vodka/water combo, but I landed face first in a snowbank. I ate/consumed the snowbank, which was refreshing and helped sober me up.

felt great.

didn't even mind the lemon flavor or chocolate chunks.. reminded me of Dairy Queen.

Thanks for all the helpful information guys/gals!

:heart:
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    catch it, built a fire (more earth friendly than a stove) and melt it down pour it in a glass then drink it....now you can measure it and still be earth friendly :laugh:

No. If you melt it with a fire, you are either promoting strip mining for coal, drilling for oil causing the next Exxon Valdez or Gulf Oil Spill, or deforestation. Not to mention that smoke contains toxins that wil lcontribute greenhouse gases causing global warming which will cause your snow supply to dwindle away without replenishment.

You have to eat it as snow and not count it as water.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    You're eating it, not drinking it, so no, it doesn't count.

How do you figure? Water in any form is still water, h2o in solid, gas, or liquid phase is still h2o.

LOL!! Solid or gaseous water. You're funny.
  • SavageRabidBeast
    SavageRabidBeast Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Hi...

I'm keenly aware of how our planet's water supplies are being depleted, and also how water bottles are filling up our landfills... What a toll this takes on our wonderful world.

I live in Canada and have a backyard filled with snow that's about 2 1/2 to 3 feet deep...

I'm wondering... if I eat snow, can I count that as water?

How much do I need to eat in order to satisfy my 8 glasses of water a day equivalent?
    What if it's yellow? Does that count too?

Help me help the planet, please :)

NERD!!!! lol, you rock.....just sayin
  • LondonEliza
    LondonEliza Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I also live in Canada, and have a backyard full of snow. Some of it is yellow from my neighbour's dog.
    I was thinking we should get in business together. Snow is really an untapped natural resource. It's basically everywhere in Canada so i think we should package it and sell it as an alternative to drinking water.
    We need a catchy name, like WhiteSlim, 0 calories. And a slogan, i am thinking: Eat Whiteslim, be a special snowflake!

OMG!!! I want to buy it already !!