Who else isn't afraid of consuming fat?

Options

Replies

• kelfer80
    kelfer80 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm slightly addicted to almonds! I love the good fat that is offers as well as all of the other healthy benefits! I agree with eating fat to lose fat!! Maybe not so much Mc Donald fatty saltty french fries!!!
  • tapdance66
    Options
    I'm not afraid and it's not all "good" fat either. I'd rather have a little bit of something "bad," satisfy my craving and move on. Much better than a binge later on.

BTW, the same thing applies for alcohol. I'd rather hang with my friends, have a good time, and consume a few adult beverages than to live my last day on earth wishing I'd enjoyed life a little more and wasn't so controlled about everything. I got that from my dad - you live once. Make wise choices, but enjoy your life!

Plus, this is why I think we have days off from work or school - a little extra workout time to compensate for our fun. :smile:
  • MerlinWilliams
    MerlinWilliams Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm not afraid of good fats...and by that I mean animal fats, fish oils, butter, ghee, coconut oil, MCT, and olive oil!

I start my day with fat - bulletproof coffee with butter and MCT.
  • brookehe
    brookehe Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I'm not afraid and it's not all "good" fat either. I'd rather have a little bit of something "bad," satisfy my craving and move on. Much better than a binge later on.

BTW, the same thing applies for alcohol. I got that from my dad - you live once. Make wise choices, but enjoy your life!

Exactly!!! This is why I don't usually "eat back" my exercise calories during the week, I bank them so I can imbibe and not go over my weekly goals. It seems to be working as I'm steadily losing.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Bring it on. I'll eat a cheeseburger that fits my calorie budget before I'll drink a Coke or even eat a granola bar that's made with high fructose corn syrup. Throw out all this processed crap and give me back my home's home cooking.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I love a nice steak with great marbling! Definitely a fatty steak but it's so good!

I don't manage to get a lot of fat in my diet everyday though... probably just over 1/2 my suggested intake each day but I often try to hit 25% in as per my macros.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm not afraid of fat. It's what makes food taste good IMO. But, it is one of the things I keep close tabs on because I tend to eat way too much.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Any day I hit 200g is a good day. I'll have excellent energy for 2-3 days after.
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Totally not afraid of fat. In fact, while typing this, I am drinking a cup of coffee with a full ounce of heavy whipping cream. I love fat and do absolutely noting to avoid it. If anything, I seek it out. My macro split is 50/25/25 fat/protein/carbs.
  • DZFitness
    DZFitness Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    macronutrient ratios are for non-newbies anyway.. if the fat comes with something healthy, just eat it..
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    mmmmm avocados. :)
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Fear not the fat.
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I aim for 40/30/30 carb/protein/fat, and do not avoid fat unless it is going to put me much over that.

That said, I'd rather eat light salad dressing, 0% fat yogurt, and baked vs. fried foods, because I love me some avocado, chocolate, and cheese, and would rather go all out on that stuff that I love :)
  • QuickShot18
    QuickShot18 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    FFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT! Love it.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I'm not scared of fat, carbs, or just food in general. Why would I be..lol. *nom nom nom*
  • spetermann190
    spetermann190 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I dunno how healthy it is for me ... But I LOVES me a good Prime or Choice Ribeye or KC Strip ... and it's that beautiful marbled fat that makes it SOOO delicious ... so scared no ... I guess I worship it ;)
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Dietary fat does not make you fat. Excess calories (energy) makes you fat.
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I eat fat, green and colored veggies, meat. Carbohydrates? Not so much THEY spike my blood sugars. :frown:
  • efirkey
    efirkey Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I am scared of NO macronutrient
  • rm7161
    rm7161 Posts: 505
    Options
    Not afraid of fat at all, aside getting too much of it. Eating a moderate amount of fat is good for you, and aside from transfats, no fat is really unhealthy unless overconsumed.