Who else isn't afraid of consuming fat?

Options

Replies

• Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I eat ALL the healthy fats! See my weight loss ticker? I feel great, too.

Bulletproof coffee every morning with kerrygold and coconut oil, YUM. I love my homemade mayonnaise--before I made my own, I couldn't stand the stuff, but homemade mayo is a whole different animal!

I really LOVE coconut oil and use it like crazy. I am also a huge fan of avocados.

I don't trim the fat from beef, ever....I do trim duck when I have that, but I save the fat and render it....so tasty! :love:

I eat around 120g fat/day.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    i eat lots of faaaat
  • Sharkington
    Options
    Not me! As long as the fat is coming from good sources like fish, avocados, and nuts, for example. :)
  • moonbai
    Options
    So is the best thing to do is cut carbs and calories and not worry about fat as long as I do have to much of it in my diet?
  • sassytoadegree
    Options
    when dieting in the past ive always went fat free, I recently found out which is good fat (which u need to lose weight) and which is the bad fat, so i dont sweat the monounsaturated or the polyunsaturated, stay away from foods high in saturated fat and dont eat anything with trans fat. Ive been doing really well with it.
  • sassytoadegree
    Options
    Eat as much fat as u want as long as it isnt saturated or trans. those are bad fats. you also need carbs but sparingly, really its just everything in moderation. I dont worry about calories much i just am real careful about saturated fats
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Hi
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    I eat alot of fat, nuts, avocados, fish, meat....not gaining a pound...its good fats, not crap like chips, crackers, processed foods, fried foods, etc.
  • jerknoir
    jerknoir Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My skin gets really dry and gross when I eat low-fat. Bring on the peanut bubber.
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    Options
    I eat a lot of avocado, coconut oil, and nuts. I don't eat meat or dairy but I still manage to "go over" (according to MFP) on my fat almost every day. LOL
  • fruitloafxo
    Options
    Actually eat what ever I want.. As long as my protein intake is hit(which is roughly 1g per pound of LBM) I'll fill the rest withat what ever :) as long as it fits into my macros, though.
  • findingmyfit
    Options
    Eat as much fat as u want as long as it isnt saturated or trans. those are bad fats. you also need carbs but sparingly, really its just everything in moderation. I dont worry about calories much i just am real careful about saturated fats

I personally am not worrying about whether something has saturated or whatever kind of fat. Meat, nuts, butter, oils. I get mostly fat out of my macronutrients. But can't forget about that protein ;) eggs, meat, yogurt, nuts, blahblahblah hehehehe... and some days I eat more carbs than others but I've cut back A LOT on my carbs, sugar and sodium. I went from eating probably way over 100g of carbs a day to under that amount. Just keep tracking. ;) I don't even worry about cholesterol because considering how many calories I require, it's not like I'm going to be eating a whole cow in one day ;):laugh:
  • MerlinWilliams
    MerlinWilliams Posts: 92 Member
    Options

You sound like a margarine ad.

There is nothing wrong with saturated fats.

But yes, trans fats are bad (man made crap).
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    I had a fish burger the other day that had 58 grams of fat. It was delightful.
    what type of fish?

fat keeps my skin and hair looking nice so no way would i want to cut it. i dont care if it would equate to more weight loss (which it doesn't) i wouldnt want to look like a dried up prune. i do however drw the line at eating oil right out of the far. that's just gross to me
  • MerlinWilliams
    MerlinWilliams Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I eat ALL the healthy fats! See my weight loss ticker? I feel great, too.

Bulletproof coffee every morning with kerrygold and coconut oil, YUM. I love my homemade mayonnaise--before I made my own, I couldn't stand the stuff, but homemade mayo is a whole different animal!

I really LOVE coconut oil and use it like crazy. I am also a huge fan of avocados.

I don't trim the fat from beef, ever....I do trim duck when I have that, but I save the fat and render it....so tasty! :love:

I eat around 120g fat/day.

I wish there was a like button for posts like this!
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    My avg fat intake by cals in 25-30%. Some days I'll find that I'm only in the teens, but it's not deliberate. I'll just use that as an excuse to have a 65% day later in the week. Can you say 'bacon-wrapped everything"?!
  • cgfol1
    cgfol1 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I have no problem with eating fat, in the form of oil, full fat milk or butter. I cut the fat off my meat only because I don't like the gelatinous texture. For me, when fat is taken out it is replaced with additives, preservatives, and sugar.

And sugar is the devil. I don't consume any except in the form of fruit.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Fat is delicious. Carbs are too. Together, they taste amazing. Best of both worlds.

IMO, protein tastes bland. Pretty boring, like cardboard - sure, you can argue that protein powder is "not bad", but it's usually sweetened by something, and typically people (well, I know I do this) add something else if looking for flavour. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cans of tuna... bleh. No flavour.
    Chicken breast with skin, however, or wrapped in bacon? Garnished in Greek yoghurt and spice and served on top of rice with slices of apricot? THAT's good.

Hash browns fried in bacon grease are good, too. Anyone who's "afraid" of consuming fat, you have my dearest sympathy; good luck with your sex-drive lacking, mundane existence.
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I'm not! You need it. It maintains sex drive and gives you nice hair and skin.
  • flynnfinn
    flynnfinn Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i follow a ketogenic diet with 60% fat, 15% carbs and 25% protein. i also do intermittent fasting. i followed 40c/30p/30f for a long time and saw ZERO results. now i am finally losing weight! it is slow going but that's ok. i'll take slow and steady any day.

i get my fats from olive oil, butter, full fat greek yogurt, nut butters, nuts, and coconut butter/coconut oil. i mix my yogurt with full fat ricotta to cut back some of the tartness. i make homemade lemon curd from egg yolks, butter and lemon juice. i highly suggest spoonfuls of artisana's 100% raw coconut butter...that is good stuff!!

definitely not afraid of fat here. it is the #1 staple in my diet. when spring rolls around, i plan on dipping fresh strawberries in mascarpone...yummy!!