Who else isn't afraid of consuming fat?

Options

Replies

• n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    I put 6 tablespoons of shredded coconut (sweetened too) on my yogurt today...

I just mixed saturated fats and sugars...I'm gonna die of heart disease...
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    So everybody is different when it comes to what they think is good or unhealthy. But I have been convinced that in order to lose fat you have to eat fat. I've been low carbing it as well. ;) I love me some fat and so far that and protein have been an awesome help ;)

Yes, I love eating a high fat way of eating..........

I had avocado and mayonnaise on my unwich today from Jimmy Johns
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I bit a fat kid once, he asked for it
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    i eat fat and im losting the inches!

tumblr_m7te4fvbxr1qmdkcso1_500.gif
  • TheNEWMonicaB
    TheNEWMonicaB Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Fat is our friend! Definitely not afraid. :)
  • misseenk
    misseenk Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    if i was afraid of fat, i wouldnt be on here...lol
    just playin i eat a lot of fat, but so long as its natural fat then sure why not
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Butter and olive oil are the best!! I do skinless chicken thighs instead of breast so they are moist. Fat (and salt) are necessary in moderate amounts.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing any low carb fad diet, but I do like some prime rib! I can't eat JUST fat though. It makes me ill looking at it, unless it's bacon, glorious bacon! Yumm
  • TheNEWMonicaB
    TheNEWMonicaB Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Bring it on. I'll eat a cheeseburger that fits my calorie budget before I'll drink a Coke or even eat a granola bar that's made with high fructose corn syrup. Throw out all this processed crap and give me back my home's home cooking.
    ^THIS! 100%
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    The only kind I avoid is artificial trans fats.
  • mangobanana
    mangobanana Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    definitely not. i love avocados and almonds!
  • Lucia120382
    Options
    I am not afraid at all.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I can't even begin to say enough about fat! Fat is my hero! I've resolved SO many health issues by switching to a fat-based primal diet that it's nothing short of miraculous. Especially miraculous when the way I eat is the opposite of how we are told to eat to be healthy! I often try to share my experiences, especially when I see people struggling with depression, but my views are generally ignored or ridiculed. Too bad, because there are a lot of other people who have had similar experiences which proves that I am no "special snowflake".

When I first started on MFP my fat was set at 60%. It was OK, but I noticed that on the weeks that I ate more fat, I felt better and lost more weight. So, now I have it set at 70% but try for 80%. I feel incredibly energized and healthy. My carbs are 10% (net 5%) and I have been ketogenic for months with ONLY positive effects.
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    I almost always go over my fat and it never concerns me. It mostly comes from nuts, avocados, hummus, etc. "Good" fats.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I try to eat a balanced diet that includes nutrient packed foods. Yeah, they have fats. Fat is delicious because we are supposed to be consuming a certain amount of it.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    My splits are 45%Fat/ 25%Protein/ 30%Carbs.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I'm not afraid of fat, carbs, or protein...I eat them all within the limits of my macro goals.

Good for you. Too bad the default macro goals are inappropriate for many of us. (I would personally argue that the default fat macro setting is too low for ALL humans...)

I'm not afraid of carbs because I have no intention of avoiding vegetables. But I also know that humans don't absolutely need carbs to survive and most people are better off with much less than they are currently eating.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    As long as I'm getting enough protein, vitamin rich low glycemic veggies and staying under my calories, I'd MUCH rather consume fat. than additional carbohydrates. I don't CARE how many fat grams I consume as long as I get enough protein and stay under total calories for the day.

NOW, I do avoid ALL hydrogenated oils and really monitor my transfats, I will only consume transfats if they are the ones that naturally occur in beef.... LOVE fats from nuts, seeds, (omg especially chia seeds) or avocados or oliveoil.. YUM!

The only thing I have to be careful of is it is VERY easy to quickly overdo it with calories because calories from fat can add up very quickly... and if I'm not careful a handful of nuts can turn into two, or three or more!
  • awake4777
    awake4777 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Olive oil is the number one most used item in my food list. Deciding if the avocado on the counter will be good tonight or better tomorrow. Those are healthy fats, I sometimes have peanut butter but just a serving and once in awhile, I know there are some die hard pb lovers here, I can take it in moderation...oooh also I love full fat greet yogurt. No fear here.

ETA; I would have a fear of something I have seened mentioned here a "Baconator" (sp) I think it is from Wendy's add fries and a frosty and I might be a tad afraid of that :laugh:

A health fear! But it sounds really good right now.
  • denisetatum
    Options
    I love avocados, nuts, butter olive oil. They are good for you. I try to eat good all week then on the weekend I will give myself one thing that I really wanted but didn't have during the week. I try not to eat backy my exercise cal. so I can go over a little on one day a week.