Replies

• MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Inspirational! BTW Go Ravens :)
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    you rock girl..... Eating, NOT starving, FTW!!
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Girl, you fine! mmm hmmmm!
  • x_ItNeverEnds_x
    Options
    holy *kitten*! free weight time! your 40? no way......
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - you look and sound terrific! Thanks for sharing!
  • blink1281
    blink1281 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This was so fun to read and very informative! Love the pics. I read this at the right time. I was becoming very stressed out at what my scale was saying. Your pictures were what i needed to see. Thank you for sharing
  • alisonsurf
    alisonsurf Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am going to drink a Diet Dr. Pepper tomorrow in your honor. Great post!
  • dollhousedolly
    dollhousedolly Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Awesome results!
    Now to remind myself it will take a few months before I get there
  • ukjessi
    ukjessi Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress! Thank you for sharing!
  • Viva_Karina
    Viva_Karina Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Manatee-Face-bump.gif
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Consider my retinas burnt. :) Well done!
  • TheMiddlePath
    TheMiddlePath Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Ignore this one - please see below...you answered one of my questions already!

Hazy, cloudy, wavy, gravy brain today.
  • TheMiddlePath
    TheMiddlePath Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Rock on! \m/

btw...did you ever drink during the losing period??

Absolutely! I don't drink often, but if the opportunity arose, I imbibed.

After my niece's bachelorette party, where I logged everything, ate everything, drank everything, went over my calories and still lost weight that week, I decided to take one weekend day a week off from logging completely. I realized that even under completely debaucherous conditions, I still couldn't do enough "damage" in one day to undo the work I've done the rest of the week.

When I reached my goal weight, I took both weekend days off, as well as any holiday, vacation or birthday. And sometimes I just randomly stop logging for a week or two.

Thanks for answering the drinking question!

What is your weight set up at home? And how did you come up with the 1350-1500 before adding back exercise calories...RMR?

Thanks!
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    WOW! I love it! Thak you for illustrating that you can actually look better with a higher number on the scale. Also, my husband always tells me that I look better and better as I age and I am always like, well that's gonna end eventually. You look hotter now than when you were 19! Awesome job, and thanks for all the tips in your post.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Thanks for answering the drinking question!

What is your weight set up at home? And how did you come up with the 1350-1500 before adding back exercise calories...RMR?

Thanks!

I got my weights at Sears. It was a cheap barbell, bar and weight set for about $100, then I added more weight as needed, then added a new bar when I couldn't fit any more plates on the one that came with the set.

In retrospect, I would have been better off having more patience and checking Craiglists, flea markets, yard sales, etc. for used equipment, but any listing I saw was either far away or the photos looked like they were taking in Buffalo Bill's basement. :noway:

At first, I did what everyone else does when they join here: list themselves as sedentary and select 2 pounds a week, and like everyone else, I got 1200 calories. I did at least always eat my exercise calories. After a few weeks, I noticed that by the math, the most I could lose was 1.3 pounds a week, and that the only time I lost 2 pounds was when I had a stomach flu. And I was paying attention on the forums, noticing that less people had problems at slightly higher calorie goals, so I switched it to lightly active and one pound a week, and got 1350-ish calories. When I got closer to my goal weight, I switched it to .5 pounds a week and got about 1500.

As it turns out, MFP suggestions plus exercise calories ended up being close (within 100-200 calories) of what TDEE-based calculations would be. Since MFP just goes by average person of my age, height and weight, and the TDEE calculations go by body fat percentage, that accounts for the minor discrepancies.
  • kcallas88
    Options
    ha you're my inspiration and motivation to start strength training :)

and on a side note...i like your ravens thing near your ticker :) i'm from baltimore and WE WON THE SUPERBOWL!!
  • watercolormama
    watercolormama Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Great pics, great advertisement for free weights. I do free weights because they are easier on my back and joints and the results are definitely better. I'm always amazed to see a higher weight with someone who's been doing weights......just great! Thanks for sharing...
  • almapig1
    Options
    AMAZING..bump for inspiration
  • mari213
    mari213 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing! Thank you sharing this inspiring journey!!
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing you are very inspiring to me.:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!