Women, losing weight eating 1700+ calories?

Options
1235»

Replies

• demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" 245 lb and losing weight at 1900 calories while sedentary. If i exercise it gives me a little more wiggle room for that extra slice of pizza
  • kaygold
    kaygold Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Wow! I'm envious of you ladies who are eating 2000+ Kcal! How much do you gals work out if you don't mind my asking?

I'm 5'7 , 135 and losing at 1740 a day. I work out for an hour at orange theory 3-4 times a week.
  • Lluviarosa
    Lluviarosa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2," 153 lbs and loosing weight at 2000-2200 cal per day. Exercise = 2 x week strength (1 hr each), 2 x week cardio (spin, HIIT, etc. at 45-1 hr each) and 2 x week yoga or walking (1 hr each).
  • amandarawr06
    amandarawr06 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I lost 54lbs in 8 months by working out 5 days a week (either running, weights or circuit training). I would eat 1600-2000 calories on days I worked out and usually tried to cap it around 1600 if I didnt work out that day. I was 222lbs when I started and got to 168 at my lowest. It worked for me. :)
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    c2jvintage wrote: »
    I am not sure if anyone is still following this thread but I have my results. I ate between 1700 and 2000 calories per day with a couple days out of the past two months being " go crazy" days... I lost 12 pounds in two months, doing Insanity and some 30DS/RI30. The last few weeks I took out the Jillian DVDs, because I was just too busy. Now I am doing a P90x/Insanity hybrid with some random cardio mixed in. Only 50 or so days until our honeymoon, I would love to lose about 10 more pounds, but don't know if it is going to happen. I loooove being able to eat that many calories and still lose! Hope everyone else keeps up the great work. Love hearing the stories!

Congratulations! I'm also glad to hear eating all those calories is working for you. I've been eating 1500-2000 calories a day and have lost 60 pounds. I've done the math and as long as I stay active I should still lose, albeit much slower, eating this many calories all the way to goal. I'm 5'3" SW 280, CW 217. I lift for about 30 minutes 3 days a week, take a leisurely walk or bike ride for about an hour most days, and am a homemaker which racks up the steps. I think this 1200 business is for ladies with a desk job, a maid, and a TV habit. 1700+ is reasonable for an active woman.
  • danielle_sr2
    danielle_sr2 Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I'm 5'5" / 167cm and 240lbs / 109kg at 1900 calories and I've been slowly losing weight, doing 2x 90 mins of cardio a week. My macros are 50/30/20, I just started this whole thing so I'm still adapting to getting more protein into my diet instead of carbs. I know my biggest chance to fail lies in wanting to do too much, too strict, too fast, so I'm just slowly making changes over the course of weeks and months. My aim is to lose about 1 kilo every 2 to 3 weeks and end up below 100 kilos. Then see if I can keep that weight steady. I'm now shifting towards eating 1700 after about 3 weeks of 1900 because I don't want to cut too much too fast either.

About 2 years ago I weighed 270lbs, so I know it's possible to lose and keep it off.