Whats your number 1 tip?

Options
Please share a tip with everyone that has helped you to lose weight, tone up, stay motivated or just made things easier on your journey.

Mine would be to bulk up meals with veg, add any veg you fancy to chilli's, curries, pasta dishes etc.

Replies

• GasnotGas
    GasnotGas Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Don't bother with Diet versions of the sugary fizzy drinks you used to guzzle down every day, they will just make you crave the real thing. Water may be boring at first but you will get used to it.

Only a small one, but for me made a big difference. No kidding, I used to crave cans of coke! Pathetic eh :)
  • 30ismyyear
    30ismyyear Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    To get educated.

This can be about calories, right foods, good menus, proper exercise.... everything and anything....just learn and start incorporating what you learn into your every day life.
  • cloudygirl1
    Options
    Plan your meals in advance. it can save you money and it allows you then to save up calories for naughty days and when you are eating out.

Also don't diet in a really restrictive way because you'll just put weight back on. Can i cut down on cheese yes but am I likely to never eat it again - nope so just cut back a bit.
  • GasnotGas
    GasnotGas Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Another one, buy a decent WOK and make friends with it!
  • Lineape
    Options
    Feeling hungry? Drink a glass of water. Wait a bit. Still hungry? Okay, now you can eat.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Get your mind in the game first, then start working on weight loss. If you're still searching for extra calories to eat, worrying about finding a way to justify upping your activity level or making excuses for why you're that special snowflake that just can't lose then you aren't going to succeed.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    You don't have to be miserable and hungry, or deprive yourself of favorite foods to lose. Feed yourself the proper amount of cals, get your hands on some weights, don't go gonzo on the cardio, rest well, repeat.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • efirkey
    efirkey Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I agree 100% with planning when you can. I know you can not plan every single detail, but you can certainly plan the majority of your meals and exercise.
  • Lakerlady5747
    Lakerlady5747 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Find an activity you actually like to do for exercise! If you say "I have to use the treadmill to lose weight" but you really hate using the treadmill for exercise, you're not going to exercise. There are so many ways to get exercise -- find something that you like to do and you're more likely to exercise more often.
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Don't convince yourself that you don't have time to exercise. Do you make time for a special tv show or appt? Treat your workouts like a scheduled event that you just can't break. You will work it in if you want it bad enough. Trust me I can excuse myself to death but, it will only hurt me in the end. I am going to 're-read this when I try for that excuse....
  • bpn80
    bpn80 Posts: 43
    Options
    Plan meals ahead of time.
  • strawberrylola
    strawberrylola Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    leave something on your plate!! If like me you where taught to "clear your plate" by your parents - that can be one of the reasons you are overweight retrain yourself that its OK to leave food once you are full!!!
  • AussieTrainer
    Options
    Don't go to the supermarket hungry
  • verodzrosas
    verodzrosas Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Wake up early, smile, strech, drink a glass of water, eat healthy, try to work out at least 30 mnutes a day (swimming, jogging, playing withyour dogs, surfing, gym, have fun with the stairs, cleaning, wii, dancing, sex...), dont eat past seven, avoidsugar cravings, three meals- three snacks in-between (keeps youmetabolism going), lay-off the bread (I'm having a hard timewith this one), just put your heart into it, enjoy loosing weight!
  • vlnalto
    vlnalto Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    For me, it's dividing up servings/portions. When I open a bag of chips, crackers, etc., I count out the exact serving size into individual ziplock bags, so I can grab them when hungry or packing my lunch for work. Otherwise I know I will eat half of the bag in one sitting. (And by "half," I mean "the whole thing")
  • spaz4me2
    spaz4me2 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Trigger foods stay at the store...period!!
  • ThinWithin7
    ThinWithin7 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Set mini goals (i.e. Drink eight 8-oz. glasses of water, exercise 30-min a day, don't eat after 8 pm, etc.) Find what's best for you and stick with it until it becomes a habit.
  • findgod2findlife
    findgod2findlife Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    IVE LOST 86 POUNDS & COUNTING!!!

#1 TIP: PUT YOUR WEIGHT LOSS IN GOD'S HANDS!!!!!

PRAY

PRAY

PRAY

HE CAN BREAK ADDICTIONS TO FOOD! HE CAN HELP US SUPERNATURALLY!
  • jkmiller82
    jkmiller82 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Moderation!
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    weigh/measure all portions. don't guess.