Whats your number 1 tip?

Options

Replies

• mearnsey
    mearnsey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Eat plenty of protein in the morning it fills you up for longer and reduces the need to snack before lunch.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! Ever.

If you have a problem with ANYTHING, search the forums or internet for solutions. I've had a LOT of problems since I started back in Jan '12 and I've overcome them all. From little things like athlete's foot, chafing, muscle aches to broken bones & food issues. You can do this!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Count calories, don't eliminate anything you love. And also, add veggies, like you said.
  • wendyhill161
    Options
    Be true and honest to yourself when you put the foods and drinks that you consume into my fitness pal.
  • lifesigns64
    Options
    1. Log In everyday . . . all meals . . snacks, etc. ---- I've gotten a big education just seeing how many calories/carbs, etc. certain foods have.

2. If you goof up one day, or one meal, forgive yourself and stay the course.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Eat less. Move more.

that's it.
  • dogo187
    dogo187 Posts: 376
    Options
    never give up!
  • jeansloan
    jeansloan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My No.1 tip ... stop eating out / take away - you will save so much money as well as loose weight by making healthy choices :)

other tips ...
    -Use my fitness pal to educate yourself about calories/food intake
    -Give up soft drink, potato crisps, and as much as possible white rice & white bread
    -Try to reduce salt and sugar intakes in your diet
    -When it comes time to eat a meal, concentrate on the meal and eating, no distractions like TV or reading a book, and try to eat slowly
    -Make breakfast your biggest meal of the day, lunch medium and dinner small :)
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Be persistent.. You don't have to be perfect to be successful.
  • Diahann_Hughes
    Diahann_Hughes Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I take a photo every couple of months now I can look back and visually see my achievements xx
  • Mmmporkrinds
    Options
    My tip would be log, and face facts! This helped me educate myself about the calories and nutritional value of what I was eating. Oh and if you find it hard to get motivated to do exercise, then find activities you enjoy which involve incidental exercise, but where exercise isn't the only reason for doing (that's tramping/hiking and golf, for me, and I'm seriously considering buying a kickbike too because they look like the most awesome things ever).
  • flatblade
    flatblade Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Can't go with just one. Remember it isn't just about the scale. Weight loss is about lifestyle change (at least in my case). Log your food and don't overreact to pitfalls.
  • DaniAni19
    DaniAni19 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Eat more whole plant based foods than processed foods. Eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, green leafy vegetables, nuts and seeds and shoot for 50% of everything you eat to be un-processed.
  • jenndymond
    jenndymond Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Patience!! Have so much patience.

And measure.
  • Kickinkim418
    Kickinkim418 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Realize that it IS a journey. If you mess up, you haven't failed. The next day try again.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Protein is king
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I take a photo every couple of months now I can look back and visually see my achievements xx

That is a really good tip. Sometimes you dont see the change by just looking in the mirror but comparing photo's is a great option
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Be honest with yourself and log every single thing that goes into your mouth.
  • Sharkington
    Options
    Don't be afraid to eat fats (the good fats)! It took me awhile to get over that fear myself.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    The number one thing for me, which might not work for anyone else, was to buy a barbell, bench and weights for home.

I thought I was starting to lose motivation early last summer. I slowly realized that I didn't lack the motivation to work out, just the motivation to GO to the gym. The commute felt like a big time waster. Now that my commute is walking upstairs, or going outside to run, I have no excuses. Other than a slight bit of slacking around the holidays, and scheduled breaks when needed, I've stuck with my plan to lift 3x a week and run 3x a week since July.

Some are better motivated by being around others and going to the gym, but I'm a one girl wolf pack and this works great for me. :tongue:

My number two suggestion, which WILL work for everyone, is to track your progress through photos, how clothes fit, and measurements, because the scale is a fickle beast and doesn't tell the whole story.