• CelebrateLife
    CelebrateLife Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Get Up!! Get Dressed!! & Show Up!!
    -- DON'T GIVE UP --
  • beautsarah
    beautsarah Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm only 1/6 (-13 lbs)of the way to goal, but that's better than when I started. My number one is on the bad days focus on how far you've come not how far you have to go.
  • refinedredbird
    refinedredbird Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Drink more water! I swear it helps!
  • emileesgram
    emileesgram Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I try to eat healthy most of the time but if I do want something like ice cream or pizza I have a three bite rule, first bite, middle bite then a final bite...done.
    Also I review my food diary and see where I could have made different or better choices during my day, I try to keep learning about nutrition.
    I also schedule my exercise, no excuses..get it over and done and you'll feel so proud of yourself.
  • toritoriprind
    toritoriprind Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Portion control, portion control, portion control, I couldn't believe how much I was over eating. Also allowing yourself to have the foods that you truly love. I for one loooove chocolate, so I have roughly a tablespoon of semi sweet chocolate chips after dinner every night, otherwise I would lose my mind.
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Eat what you enjoy...if you dont enjoy the food you will not stick with it.
  • KluteJJ18
    Options
    My #1 tip has to be having a schedule. Devote time each day to workout/exercise. If you’re like me and work an 8-5 job, work out either before work or like me, after work. Of course this because difficult when you have children, a job with different hours each day or with other aspects of life. If you devote time to workout/exercise every single day, you will be successful. Of course, always have a rest day, but try to do something at least five days a week. If you’re sore, still exercise that day but don’t do it as long and hard. Before I put on almost 50 pounds, I use to run 5-10 miles a day. If I was sore after running 10 miles, I wouldn't run 10 again, sometimes not even 5, I would just run 3 for a day or two. It kept me in a rhythm of working out that day, which kept me going. I feel once you give yourself that “day off” is when it is so easy to keep taking more and more breaks.

Just keep moving. :-)
  • savingsunday
    savingsunday Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Things that have worked for me so far are the following:

If there are restaurant foods that you love, try making them at home. They'll have less preservatives, less calories and more taste!

Lots of water.

Exercise!

Eat more whole foods and less processed foods. You'll be fuller for longer.

Invest in a food scale.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Don't believe the scale. It will lie to you from time to time. Sometimes you will lose 3lbs of fat and gain 3lbs of water. The scale is not all knowing.
  • patty1138
    patty1138 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Log every sip and bite.
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Find some awesome MFP friends for support and encouragement.
  • scjl132
    scjl132 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    challenge yourself......I started doing that at the gym. Thought I'd die after 2 1/2 minutes on the elliptical, lived to do it again another day, made it 15 minutes, now I can make it through 30 minutes.
    Be honest with your food log and don't give up.
  • veggieluver2
    veggieluver2 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Get up, suit up, show up at the gym!
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    1. Try selzer with lemon. in a nice glass, with ice. You'll feel like you're having a fancier drink than water and the selzer feels filling.
    2. If you're really really craving something and it's too late in the day to plan it into your calories, PROMISE yourself you can have it in the morning. Most likely, you won't even remember you wanted it in the morning.
    3. chew minty gum. It'll help you not want to eat between meals.
    4. plan your dinner in advance and work backwards to make sure you don't over eat by the end of the day. If you can't do that exactly, at least figure out if you're getting takeout (high cal), or having a quick salad (or some other low cal thing).
    5. try soy milk in your coffee.
    6. Get a food dehydrator and make your own beef jerky. it's an easy, low sodium, no preservative way to get in protein.
  • mdepko
    mdepko Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I have to agree, if you head's not in it when you start, you're not going to succeed.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    don't shoot under (or over obviously) your goal...it's a goal...a goal is something to be achieved...achieve your goals.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Be consistent. :)
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    One word: Patience.