Whats your number 1 tip?

Options

Replies

• LadyRoff
    LadyRoff Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    my tip would be make sure you have something nice that you really enjoy. by not cutting out anything I have succeeded for the last 30 days in losing 11.5lb, i have cut down the quantities massively, but always made sure i still have chocolate!
  • pamwhite712
    pamwhite712 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Buy a good digital food scale that measures ounces, grams, fluid ounces. Use it!
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    drink way more water than you think you need to.

stop eating out.

trust me, you have time to exercise if you really want to.

get your mind right.

make friends here.

challenge your body and mind.
  • Diahann_Hughes
    Diahann_Hughes Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I take a photo every couple of months now I can look back and visually see my achievements xx

That is a really good tip. Sometimes you dont see the change by just looking in the mirror but comparing photo's is a great option

Thanxs yeh :) Previous to my fitness pal I lost 6 stones and now with just a little to gooo soo hard if I have a day when I think omg I cant do this Id pull out the photos. Were soo hung up with where we want to be we dont say well done from where we came from its a fab quick reminder x
  • ashleypeha
    Options
    Lots of people have a hard time drinking their 8 glasses of water because they "don't lke the way it tastes"....personally I love water...but to make it even better I add lemon slices to a large pitcher of water. It gives it a little flavor and it helps cleanse the body : )
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Purchase of a kitchen food scale is and was my #1 which goes along with portion control.
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    everyone's tips are great!

My tip is to be totally committed to losing weight or else it won't happen. You HAVE to be mentally ready!
  • RobinV_Seattle
    RobinV_Seattle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Mine would be to accurately measure and log your food - in this day and age of super-sized everything, our concept of proper portions is all out of whack.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Food should be delicious and exercise should be fun. Any deviation from this is a recipe for failure.
  • coolkacha
    Options
    Stick to the plan and record all your foods. This way, you know what you're eating and how it is totting up. You'll soon realise what you should eat what you can treat yourself with. Do more excercises.
  • aminer31
    aminer31 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Trigger foods stay at the store...period!!
    learned this the hard way with a bag of chips a hoy!
  • passmetheducksauce
    passmetheducksauce Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    consume low carb vegetable smoothies for lunch or for a late breakfast to suppress hunger throughout the day while having sustained energy and focus.

blend kale, spinach, broccoli, celery, carrots, green beans, cucumbers, stevia(sweetener). Optional: protein powder, egg whites and greek yogurt.

i suggest freezing all your fruits and vegetables you will be using in your smoothies because it gives your smoothies a creamy and thick consistency. your welcome

also, count your macros.
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Eat when hungry stop before you are full... I think its a mindset
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Take it slow. None of us got this way overnight, so don't try to rush the loss by going too fast, too soon. The key here is sustainability. I'm not dieting, I'm relearning how to eat and take better care of myself. The #1 mistake I see from folks here is trying to completely revamp everything about their diet and activity level in one fell swoop. A much better plan is one small, sustainable change at a time until it's a habit and you don't even have to think about it.
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Don't think in terms of "being on a diet" but instead think in terms of "living a healthier lifestyle" (negative vs positive thinking). That, and just follow the MFP numbers and don't try to make it overly complicated.
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    1. Be absolutely honest with yourself--logging food, exercise, etc.
    2. Don't ever give up.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Keep trying is the big one. Remember this is not a sprint, more like plodding along the Appalachian trail or something.
  • silversociety
    silversociety Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I recommend oatmeal in the morning. Fills you up and it isn't very calorie intensive.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Don't give up.
  • Claire_x90
    Options
    sleep
    water
    treats!