CONFUSED

Options
12345679»

Replies

• holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Stop logging 10 minutes of housework. That's not exercise.
    Evidently you do housework everyday so that is part of your lifestyle. If not it is calories burned.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    creative use of the "your mom" card. nicely done. :drinker:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • kmk_natasha
    Options
    And anyone who logs stuff like that just to see numbers and feel motivated is doing themselves a disservice. Later that month, when they wonder why they've lost a half-pound in four weeks, it'll be because they logged 400 calories of housework, cooking, and brushing their teeth every single day.

This
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Am I just seeing things wrong? I'm still working things out on this site.

It seems to me that, for instance, if I do ten minutes on my elliptical trainer versus ten minutes on housework MFP puts the housework as more calories loss. But I sweat more doing the elliptical. Doesn't seem right to me. I'm confused by it. I mean if that is the case then I'll just do my housework lol.

OK I'm going to try to explain this on a very very basic level.

It doesn't matter if you are sedentary and cleaning puts you out of breath.

Why? Because the ONLY person who should be logging cleaning as exercise is the person who joined MFP and prior to doing so NEVER CLEANED THEIR HOUSE on a regular basis.

you are supposed to log any exercise you do OVER AND ABOVE what you do on a daily basis. Your purposeful burns. So...

for example, if you decided to clean your house from top to bottom in a day, and you do that maybe twice a year, then wear your HRM and log it.

but if you are a generally clean person and clean EVERY DAY, and not once a month, so you don't live in a sty, then it doesn't matter how much you sweat, burn calories, or get out of breath. That is a part of you daily expenditure burn. Your body expects that burn and your body knows it's going to happen.

that is why you don't log cleaning, and the only reason it's in MFP is for those purposeful log days when you go over and above your daily expenditure.

This answer is...Perfection. :smile:
  • Beastx10
    Options

:laugh:

thanks all!!! Glad you liked it!!