Juice Fasting?

Options

Replies

• CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I've been self-injury clean for almost 4 months. I self-injured due to borderline personality disorder, not an ED. After SI-ing for over 6 years, that's a feat. I am recovered. From both my ED and SI. Having a rough past does not determine my health knowledge. I'm studying nutritional science, I think I have more of an idea about nutrition than most of you. So, please, do get over my scars and actually hear what I'm saying.

But for someone in science you sure are bad at math:
    Perhaps it's unwise to judge my health advice by my ED. I'm not underweight, I've just struggled with binge/purge and body image. I'm vegan and actually incredibly healthy. all my nutrient/vitamin levels are perfect and my body fat percentage is 19%. I also do body building and pyrotechnic performing. I'm far from unhealthy. And age does not measure knowledge.

How is your bodyfat 19% when you're 85% lean muscle?
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    It's the best thing you can do, I do a 5 to 10 day juice fast twice each year to flush my body out and clean up my insides. And since I started doing this 4 years ago I haven't been unwell for more than a day. I eat some of the vegetables instead of juicing everything, I found I needed the fiber. Lots of tea also. I only felt sick the first time, because I had years worth of toxins to flush
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I've been self-injury clean for almost 4 months. I self-injured due to borderline personality disorder, not an ED. After SI-ing for over 6 years, that's a feat. I am recovered. From both my ED and SI. Having a rough past does not determine my health knowledge. I'm studying nutritional science, I think I have more of an idea about nutrition than most of you. So, please, do get over my scars and actually hear what I'm saying.

But what you're saying is 100% wrong...
    There are MANY people who have done things the CORRECT way on this website who would back me up on this.
    ^Agreed with Tyler. Kudos to you studying nutritional science and all..but your advice is still bad.

Yep.
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lxduwqBVEr1qd8bubo1_500.gif
    *poof* Detox'd!
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    I like juicing/smoothies. But I am also a cheap skeptic. I did end up with a Kitchen Ninja which was okay, but finally bought a nice Blendtec just yesterday. But that is beside the point....so juicing and smoothies.

I didn't do the fast, but I do smoothies everyday for breakfast. That really makes a difference for me in how I feel in the mornings - lots of energy and don't feel like I ate a horse. I tried adding a few more during the day, but I like real food too.

I think a fast is just another quick fix...just as quickly as it will be broke again.

Funny how little patience people have. They will say they gained 40 pounds over the last 10 years, but then want it gone in 30 days.

Gah!

I'm not necessarily looking for a "quick fix" for weight loss, just wanting to try a short-term detox to clean out the guts! Lol

There is not such thing as a "detox to clean out the guts." Your intestinal track is not the same as the plumbing system of your house. Your liver and kidneys work just fine to keep everything working well.

wait... what?

now you tell me. :grumble:

plunger_face.jpg
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    It's the best thing you can do, I do a 5 to 10 day juice fast twice each year to flush my body out and clean up my insides. And since I started doing this 4 years ago I haven't been unwell for more than a day. I eat some of the vegetables instead of juicing everything, I found I needed the fiber. Lots of tea also. I only felt sick the first time, because I had years worth of toxins to flush

Your body gets rid of toxins on there own. They don't just build up in your body forever until you do a "juice fast".

A juice fast will do nothing to "flush your body out" or "clean up your insides"
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

Correlation: A mutual relationship or connection between two or more things.

Does not =

Causation: The relationship between cause and effect; causality
  • WinnerVictorious
    Options

Your body gets rid of toxins on there own. They don't just build up in your body forever until you do a "juice fast".

A juice fast will do nothing to "flush your body out" or "clean up your insides"

ummmm... what about all that gum she swallowed as a kid? that's still in there, right?
  • TylerJ76
    Options

ummmm... what about all that gum she swallowed as a kid? that's still in there, right?

7 years.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options

But what you're saying is 100% wrong...
    There are MANY people who have done things the CORRECT way on this website who would back me up on this.
    ^Agreed with Tyler. Kudos to you studying nutritional science and all..but your advice is still bad.

^^^ This again.
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I was giving my opinion to the OP, rest of you can f off if you're going to be self righteous ****heads, I have no interest in talking to you. It works for me. Arguing against detoxing, ridiculous.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Why do so many people think they need to clean their insides?
  • TylerJ76
    Options
    I was giving my opinion to the OP, rest of you can f off if you're going to be self righteous ****heads, I have no interest in talking to you. It works for me. Arguing against detoxing, ridiculous.

& we are giving facts that are being ignored for opinions.

NVM

Good luck to you, I wish you nothing but success on your weight loss journey
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    detoxing, ridiculous.

Fixed it for you
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Yet another topic that as turned into a fight for who is right or wrong, YIPPY.

The OP is asking for help from people that share the same opinion, Yes it might not be right in your eyes but didn't your mothers ever teach you that if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.

If you don't share the same opinion then why bother to post? you all clearly have way to much time on your hands.

I came here to see what other people had to say about it because i believe juicing can do wonders for you physically and mentally, Yes you might not agree and yes it might not be correct but thats no reason to treat people like trash!
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Because when you fill your body with harmful toxins that animal products, processed chemical stews, and concentrated oils you have to clean it out once in awhile. Even a well greased engine gets clogged up once in awhile.

Our body works much the same as an engine. You put cholesterol in it it gets gunked up, just like sludge in an engine!

Juice is essentially liquified nutrients, it has the same nutrient composition of the normal foods but richer and it's far easier to digest! So you body digests it much easier therefore cleaning out your, shall we say, inner workings
    This shows a profound ignorance of human physiology. Stop the detox nonsense and take a biology class.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou: my point exactly
  • WinnerVictorious
    Options
    The OP is asking for help from people that share the same opinion, Yes it might not be right in your eyes but didn't your mothers ever teach you that if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.

so if your child shows you her math homework and has clearly written on it that 3 + 4 = 11, you should not correct the mistake???
  • TylerJ76
    Options
    Yet another topic that as turned into a fight for who is right or wrong, YIPPY.

If you don't share the same opinion then why bother to post? you all clearly have way to much time on your hands.

I came here to see what other people had to say about it because i believe juicing can do wonders for you physically and mentally, Yes you might not agree and yes it might not be correct but thats no reason to treat people like trash!

Did you read the OP?
    She asked for "any and all advice"

No one here is treating anyone like trash. The people that are against fasting and juicing stated their case, and facts.

I don't care what you do, I was just giving the OP the information she asked for.

Good luck to you on you weight loss goals. I wish you nothing but success.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Study harder.
This discussion has been closed.