How do you eat your avacado?

Options
12346»

Replies

• reinertsen
    Options
    It is amazing with hommus. So spread on toast (or crackers, or rice cakes) with a smear of hommus and lots of salt and pepper. Yum.

Also great with green tabasco (jalapeno flavour), but so is everything!
  • LIttleCamel
    Options
    I'll put avocado on/in just about anything - yum!

A great salad combo - Mango, Avocado, Shredded roast chicken breast, spinach and flaked almonds.

Best. Ever.
  • fearlessbetz
    fearlessbetz Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've been cubing half an avocado into a cup of brown rice and topping with a 1/4 cp. of Sargento Reduced Fat Mexican Cheese. I'll add some Mrs. Dash or salsa. Sometimes I just slice it with water crackers. Yum!
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    ANY WAY POSSIBLE! I love avocados! I have them sliced with stuff, mostly. At breakfast I like to have them with a couple fried eggs, diced avo, chopped tomato, hot sauce/salsa. Yum! I also like avo with bacon and spinach in salads, tuna salads, or my version of BLTs which is bacon, tomato, mayo, avo inside a lettuce leaf. Similarly, I like 'em sliced on a burger with sauteed mushrooms, etc.

Avocados are GREAT in smoothies--so creamy and tasty! Last summer I made an avocado cheesecake for my husband's bday that turned out rather great. Dark chocolate on top, yum!

I also like to eat them with spicy foods-chilis and soups, for instance.
  • mari213
    mari213 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I slice my avacado very thin and put a few slices in my turkey wraps.. I also use hummus as a spread on the wrap! Very yummy!
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I love avacado on toast with salt and pepper for breakfast......todays lunch was half of a mashed avacado on top of a veggie burger patty without the bun and a dannon light and fit yogurt....it was sooo good!
  • LGrill27
    LGrill27 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    sliced avocado and italian dressing with fresh cracked black pepper and sea salt