Options

Replies

• Curvynerdgirl
    Options
    Week 3 day 1 finished last night!
  • asiya33
    asiya33 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi i just joined yesterday.please add me as a buddy.
  • Akdn
    Akdn Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Finished W1D3 this morning. W3 has me a little worried tho lol. Keep up the great work everybody =)
  • sarahaldinger
    sarahaldinger Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add.
    Just starting week 7.
    Great program!
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Completed week 3 today
  • Emmielia
    Emmielia Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Non-runner starting week 1 tomorrow.. eek! Doing this along side 30 day shred. Been doing bits here and there on a treadmill but not really to much. So going to kick it up a notch and start the challenge
  • MsJourno
    MsJourno Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Am just starting too....Day 1 yesterday.

Don't be apprehensive....it is great fun. Add me and let's do this together!:flowerforyou:
  • JohnDun
    JohnDun Posts: 140
    Options
    Well I finished W1 tonight so start W2 D1 on Tuesday. The only thing that I need to ask is when they say a brisk walk, well I do 5.5km (about 3.5mph) and then for the jog bit I do 10km (just over 6mph). What do you lot set for your walk and your jog/run bit...was wondering if am aiming a bit high with the 10km side of things?

J
  • Akdn
    Options
    @JohnDun The walking speed is what I do but you are way faster then I am for running. I'm about 7.5-8.5kmh when I jog. As long as your not killing yourself at that speed then keep it up. I plan to work on my pace after I reach the goal. For now it's slow and steady.
  • jackieomara
    jackieomara Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Going on week 5 tomorrow! Anyone can feel free to add me :)
  • Akdn
    Options
    Finished W1D3 this morning. W3 has me a little worried tho lol. Keep up the great work everybody =)
    That should be W2D3 finished, not W1D3 lol. I wish I caught that when I posted it....
  • renaegry
    Options
    Completed W4D1 - distance was 2.4 miles, burning 235 cals
  • KetoDebbie912
    KetoDebbie912 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Technically I am in Week 8, have been stuck on Week 7 for about 2 weeks and have only trained on the treadmill. This weekend the weather was gorgeous so I decided to transition to outdoor running. WOW!

I started with a 5 min warm up walk and then ran 10 minutes solid until my legs were screaming. My neighborhood is hilly so I continuted with walk/run intervals for the next 30 minutes. I would walk as fast as I could up the hill and then run the flat parts and downhill. Per Runkeeper, I burned over 300 calories and covered 2.37 miles. My legs are incredibly sore today so I will resume on Tuesday, outdoors again.

What are your goals this week???
  • gregr072
    gregr072 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Week 1 is in the books for me! I'm starting week 2 today. This is my second time around with C25K. I enjoyed week 1 and am really looking forward to to running more. Please feel free to add me if you're looking for more C25K running buddies!
  • Akdn
    Options
    W3D1 complete!! I'm really enjoying this :smile:
  • JohnDun
    JohnDun Posts: 140
    Options
    @JohnDun The walking speed is what I do but you are way faster then I am for running. I'm about 7.5-8.5kmh when I jog. As long as your not killing yourself at that speed then keep it up. I plan to work on my pace after I reach the goal. For now it's slow and steady.

Thanks for the info. I have been building up my speed since the start of 2013. I can run faster but I usually do it for 1min to 2min then slow down again. Its helped with my cardio. I was aimming for 2km within 12 minutes, got it down to 14mins 25secs...

But now moving onto this target with C25K...its something to aim for....

JD
  • mikonei
    mikonei Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Did W1D1 tonight. My jog is barely faster than my brisk walk. I'm happy with it for now, but I'll be working on that as I go along.
  • melsy78
    melsy78 Posts: 65
    Options
    I am starting again on Week 1 Day 1 tomorrow morning, I got up to the end of Week 2 a month or so ago but then got sick.
  • gregr072
    gregr072 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I sprained my ankle last night starting Week2 Day 1 (modified). I'm hoping its not too bad so it doesn't slow me down too much. Keeping my fingers crossed!
  • renaegry
    Options
    Completed W4D2 - distance 2.4 miles, burning 236 cals