Best Thing Ever: How to ignore annoying MFPers

Options

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Now if only there was some way to keep the rest of the world out. Then I would never have to be disagreed with, and everything could be happy all the time!

Quick, someone insert a gif of a unicorn farting rainbows.

f91dccefd56e2ed9997558ae2e26d7c3.gif
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Sweeping judgements by it's-my-way-or-you're-an-idiot-frequent-flyers with messages for all "you people" - my favorite!! So very glad I could make your day a full 100% enjoyable.
    Circling back one more time in the hope to make everyone's ignore list. If ignoring every high volume user on the site will stop you people from posting whiny baby threads about mean people that said NO to your 10 day juice fasting plan, I'm 100% for it.
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    What does the first post say?

:laugh:
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Now if only there was some way to keep the rest of the world out. Then I would never have to be disagreed with, and everything could be happy all the time!

BRRRILLIANT!!!
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Thanx op!
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I have everyone on this site, besides myself, on ignore. I haven't seen one post in this thread.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    OP in all seriousness, thanks for sharing. If knowing about this feature cuts down on the number of posts that get reported then that's a win to me. :flowerforyou:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lswsyiRofY1qmxmrao1_r1_400.gif
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lswsyiRofY1qmxmrao1_r1_400.gif
    :heart:
  • its_go_time
    its_go_time Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Is there a way to perma-block someone? As in not see them at all? Not on your friends pages, timelines, anywhere at all? That would be ideal. Thanks.
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Is there a way to perma-block someone? As in not see them at all? Not on your friends pages, timelines, anywhere at all? That would be ideal. Thanks.

I don't think it works if they send you a private message, but yes - you can delete them from seeing them in the forums by clicking the down arrow beside the name, under the picture and selecting "block user,"
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options

I don't think it works if they send you a private message, but yes - you can delete them from seeing them in the forums by clicking the down arrow beside the name, under the picture and selecting "block user,"

You can block users from sending you PMs. Go to your inbox and select any message and open it. In the header, it says "block user" and that will prevent you from seeing their PMs or Friend Requests in the future.

Unfortunately the only way to make sure that you don't see them in other friend's friend lists or feeds is to murder them and then have everyone get the "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" treatment.
  • amwoodruff
    amwoodruff Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I just tested the ignore feature to see what the fuss is about. Yeah, no way I'd stick to that. i'd unignore people as soon as I saw them post again.
    UGH
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options

Joylia, have I told you today that you are my hero for this gif?
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Circling back one more time in the hope to make everyone's ignore list. If ignoring every high volume user on the site will stop you people from posting whiny baby threads about mean people that said NO to your 10 day juice fasting plan, I'm 100% for it.
    download_zps7407eaf3.jpg

x2
  • minikeeper
    Options
    Thank you! I really enjoy seeing how others are doing, makes me feel not so alone in my quest! And, for the most part, it really helps to inspire me! But seeing all the negativity really has the opposite affect!
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU! I have 1 person I need to use this feature on!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    i actually enjoy those oness, they bring some spice.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Doesn't get rid of them if you have mutual friends with them.

You can never get rid of them... completely.
  • sailinjen
    sailinjen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I had one that posted every 2 seconds...obviously nothing better to do...um Bye Bye ....DELETE!!!!