April's Challenge "No snacking after dinner"

Options

Replies

• rosemary10
    rosemary10 Posts: 253
    Options
    I'm 5/5.

Day 4 was difficult because one of the nurses ordered out chinese. I declined but it sure looked good. Then I got something later from the Snack Box but it was a small granola thing, then there was 4chips and a bit of queso dip. Not perfect but a lot better than I would have done in the past. Was able to quit before 4am and go to bed on an empty tummy at 9:30am and was still under my calories for the day. Strange! :wink:

Day 5 was pretty easy snackin wise because I was too busy. I didn't have time to snack and barely got half my lunch and good snacks I brought. And I'm too tired now to care about food. :yawn:

I hear ya teetee about the time change. About half the days of the week I'm on your schedule. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • 5ktorunbyMay
    Options
    Last night was Day 1 yahoo! Done eating at 7:00 even though I was up until 2:00 am
  • GRose
    GRose Posts: 69
    Options
    Ok. Sorry about that! I haven't been posting very well. Last night, I did "snack" after 9. We had gotten home & I needed something but it wasn't too far past 9 so I feel ok about it. Plus it wasn't chocolate, candy or ice cream. Yay me! Otherwise, I've been doing very well. So for the month of April so far... Me - 4, Snacking After 9 - 1
  • callie365
    callie365 Posts: 689
    Options
    Hey girls :smile:

I am 1 of 1 for last evening!:smile: I kept thinking there was something I had to do...:huh: (like 3 times) then realized it was going to the kitchen for a snack. NOT!! Bad habits are hard to break... but are definitely POSSIBLE to break!!
  • Betten
    Betten Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Me - 3 Eating Late - 0! Its 10:00 and I am not planning on eating anything so I am going to add to my score! =)
    I
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    :smile: :smile: :smile: 3/6 for me. On Tuesday, I have to remember to set my time later as I don't get home until 8:30 after going to the gym. So I just had some grapes, which I consider fair game. So I count it as a success. Tonight, 7:30
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Last night I thought I had lost the fight, because dinner was ready only shortly before 9, so no way I could've finished by 9. Plus, it was not filling, so I had to have something more and I chewed on a few walnuts.
    I have a different view on it today, though, for two reasons:
    - I stopped eating when I was still hungry
    - I ended up going to bed over 2hrs later (so I had been strong for some while, not jumping over to the fridge, right? :smile:)
  • 5ktorunbyMay
    Options
    Day 2 for me! I had a glass of water by my nightstand which really helped me from getting up and raiding the fridge while I was watching tv.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Definite success, Dewdrop.

Great job 5ktorun. I like the water idea.

When I got home, my hubby was sitting in front of the TV with yummy smelling Chinese. I had to sit on the opposite couch with my grapes and eat them slowly until he finished eating his Chinese. Couldn't even sit beside him as I knew I would cave in for just one little bite...which would lead to another, then another.
  • stuart1512
    Options
    This would be great for me as my 'danger' time is the evening. I regularly work into the small hours and the temptation to graze to get away from the PC is very high!

I will see how it goes with a cut off of 9pm(BST).
    :smile:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    This would be great for me as my 'danger' time is the evening. I regularly work into the small hours and the temptation to graze to get away from the PC is very high!

I will see how it goes with a cut off of 9pm(BST).
    :smile:

Welcome :flowerforyou: - I was just moaning a bit about not having any guy in our team.
    no need to tell me about non-stop chewing while working on the computer - it's like two hands are not enough :laugh:.
  • stuart1512
    Options
    Lol! Glad it just isn't me then! :laugh:
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to start this challenge. This is my MAJOR issue. I do great all day, tracking food, turning down things and then when its just me and the pantry at night, I LOSE everytime.

Most weeks I have dinner between 6:30 and 7:30pm so I guess my cutoff time should be 7:30? Gosh I NEED this challenge. I haven't read all the posts so I'll go back and read before I ask more questions.
  • sunnysashka
    sunnysashka Posts: 296
    Options
    Hello, all! I'm still on the track! 6 out of 6 so far!
    Good luck everyone!:heart:
  • aisser
    aisser Posts: 232
    Options
    :brokenheart: i haven't posted in a few days but I haven't been eating anything but watermellon after super and make sure it is about 3 hours before bed time and always carry a glass or water to my room for in the middle of the night sometimes I have to go to the kitchen to refill it.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: So I guess this is 6/6 for me. Tonight will be 7 for me. That will be a week and never gone this long at night without something real sweet after super.:happy: With Easter candy in the house I'm going to have to sew my mouth shut:laugh: :laugh:

Good luck to all and hope you had a happy Easter.
  • callie365
    callie365 Posts: 689
    Options
    I ignored my DH eating popcorn and peanuts right next to me, last eve!

So I am 2/2 :smile: :smile:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Is it too late to start this challenge.

By no means, Vonnie - you're most welcome. If you're a bit intimidated by the numbers that the others have (btw, AWESOME job, everyone! :drinker: ), then just keep track of "You vs.Late snacks", so that you can see your number growing faster :wink:. Every day you conquer is a step forward.

Ask away, your questions might help others too :smile:, since our tips are scattered throughout the previous challenges.
  • sunnysashka
    sunnysashka Posts: 296
    Options
    Hey, guys! Remember in previous topic I was telling you about that "no flour, no sugar, no fat bread"? Here is the recipe. Took long to count the calories and translate it from Russian language.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/sunnysashka/view/no-flour-no-sugar-no-fat-muffins-22836
    :flowerforyou:
  • Betten
    Betten Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Me - 4 Eating Late - 0!
  • rosemary10
    rosemary10 Posts: 253
    Options
    Tonight is 7 of 7 for me. Going to bed soon. The peach tea is helping me tonight. :wink:

Everyone is doing really great. :flowerforyou: