People on this site are mean.

Replies

• smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    So I've read through page 4 and am very surprised that most folks understand the joke in this thread. At least there seems to be a bit of book smarts around here. Now if only the ones who thought "foods you should quit eating right now" was serious could find some common sense, the forums would be much better...wait, no, then there would be no entertainment. Proceed.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    I came here because unsupportive people in my life made me fat. Now i spend my days eating industrial quantities of chocolate to cope with how mean people are on here.
  • As puns go, this one is rather mean, and rather mean.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    tumblr_m2qocuEWNT1qfmqz4o1_500.jpg
  • yager8725
    yager8725 Posts: 267 Member
    I don't see what an upside down h has to do with anything :laugh:

And kitty has claws, kitty can scratch *meow*! Or purr and being super sweet... either way.

funny-pictures-evil-cute-kitten-hands.jpg

This is the BEST picture I have EVER seen!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    A physicist, a biologist and a mathematician are sitting in a street café watching people entering and leaving the house on the other side of the street. First they see two people entering the house. Time passes. After a while they notice three people leaving the house. The physicist says, "The measurement wasn't accurate." The biologist says, "They must have reproduced." The mathematician says, "If one more person enters the house then it will be empty."

Heisenberg picked up Schroedinger and they went out for a drive one day. After a little while, a police car pulled them over. The cop approached the door, and asked, "Do you know how fast you were going?" Heisenberg replied, "No, but I know where I am." The cop thinks this is peculiar and says, "I'm sorry, I need to search the vehicle." He opens the trunk, and examines it. He looks at Schroedinger and asks, "Are you aware that there is a dead cat in there?" Schroedinger replies, "Well, I am now."
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    As puns go, this one is rather mean, and rather mean.

That's an awesome profile pic you got there!
  • fairykelly13
    fairykelly13 Posts: 79 Member
    I barely care if someone in real life is mean to me. I certainly can't be bothered to care if a stranger online is mean to me.

^^THIS. SO agree...
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    *bite*
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    I like scientific proof to back up these claims and i found it.

4850ef8a-d607-4bb7-8cfe-0df19ac3143b_zps26e9d58e.jpg

I baked you this hot apple pie.

So incidentally, is that "percentage of the user base reporting bullying" i.e. > 100% when one considers all categories??
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    I keep going around the forums and I just notice that if μ look at the average, it's mean. I'm not saying that people can't be helpful or nice or that everyone's bad, but it just seems that average is mean. μ know what I'm saying?

I completely agree. I feel like this site needs two different types of message boards. One in which people give their sarcastic remarks for a laugh, and the other in which people can get genuine help from others. I get the need to kick back and enjoy, but not at the expense of others. The emotional intelligence on this site is often lacking.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    I keep going around the forums and I just notice that if μ look at the average, it's mean. I'm not saying that people can't be helpful or nice or that everyone's bad, but it just seems that average is mean. μ know what I'm saying?

I completely agree. I feel like this site needs two different types of message boards. One in which people give their sarcastic remarks for a laugh, and the other in which people can get genuine help from others. I get the need to kick back and enjoy, but not at the expense of others. The emotional intelligence on this site is often lacking.

This thread delivers.
    I'm not even upset I'm eating the last of my bacon chocolate.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    This thread delivers.

It's really, really confusing to me. I mean, the implications of what this means, about . . . lots of things. Including actual statistical things. It makes my head hurt because there really is a bell curve being populated in my imagination right now and the peak is shockingly far to the left.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    This thread delivers.

It's really, really confusing to me. I mean, the implications of what this means, about . . . lots of things. Including actual statistical things. It makes my head hurt because there really is a bell curve being populated in my imagination right now and the peak is shockingly far to the left.

If we add enough people to the thread, it can approach the expected mean.
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    The mean mean person doesn't mean to be mean.

Do you know what I mean?
  • musycnlyrics
    musycnlyrics Posts: 323 Member
    Am I the only nerd that was tickled pink by the innuendo?
    I was?
    Ok. Carry on!
    :smokin:
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member

I just showed this to my husband.

His response

"I can't see the whole thing."

He tried to scroll down and looked at me confused.
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    I like scientific proof to back up these claims and i found it.

4850ef8a-d607-4bb7-8cfe-0df19ac3143b_zps26e9d58e.jpg

I baked you this hot apple pie.

So incidentally, is that "percentage of the user base reporting bullying" i.e. > 100% when one considers all categories??

I just find the info...it's your job to interpret it and then tell everyone else what to think.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk

This threaad really helps me get over my gloomy disposition today, and it's responses like these that really make it perfect.

:flowerforyou:
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk

I just showed this to my husband.

His response

"I can't see the whole thing."

He tried to scroll down and looked at me confused.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: