People on this site are mean.

Replies

• WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,733 Member
    I keep going around the forums and I just notice that if μ look at the average, it's mean. I'm not saying that people can't be helpful or nice or that everyone's bad, but it just seems that average is mean. μ know what I'm saying?

I completely agree. I feel like this site needs two different types of message boards. One in which people give their sarcastic remarks for a laugh, and the other in which people can get genuine help from others. I get the need to kick back and enjoy, but not at the expense of others. The emotional intelligence on this site is often lacking.

that's a good idea! the forum where people can have fun and post gifs and not have to worry about offending people should be called something like.. oh, i don't know... how about, "Chit Chat, Fun, and Games"? just so there's no way anybody could possibly be confused about the purpose of threads in there.

:drinker:
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    This thread delivers.
    I'm not even upset I'm eating the last of my bacon chocolate.

It's really, really confusing to me. I mean, the implications of what this means, about . . . lots of things. Including actual statistical things. It makes my head hurt because there really is a bell curve being populated in my imagination right now and the peak is shockingly far to the left.

It's not a bell curve - it bimodal or maybe bifocal, some folks need to get the fock-all.

Oh, and this brings it all together - math underwear:http://www.cafepress.com/+math-jokes+underwear-panties
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    I'm not going to read this whole thread, all I have to say is:

whambulance.jpg
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    tumblr_m2qocuEWNT1qfmqz4o1_500.jpg

I just showed this to my husband.

His response

"I can't see the whole thing."

He tried to scroll down and looked at me confused.

There is only one answer: divorce.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member

whambulance.jpg

Sometimes, when you read the thread, it enables you to make a post that doesn't make you look like a donkey.
  • I'm not going to read this whole thread, all I have to say is:

whambulance.jpg

It is derivitive that you read the thread to fully undertand its' meaning.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    I see this too much!

I sincerely doubt you see what is actually going on in this thread at all.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    I keep going around the forums and I just notice that if μ look at the average, it's mean. I'm not saying that people can't be helpful or nice or that everyone's bad, but it just seems that average is mean. μ know what I'm saying?

smartass. I LOVE IT.

diabetes-john-has-diabetes.jpg
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    This thread delivers.
    I'm not even upset I'm eating the last of my bacon chocolate.

It's really, really confusing to me. I mean, the implications of what this means, about . . . lots of things. Including actual statistical things. It makes my head hurt because there really is a bell curve being populated in my imagination right now and the peak is shockingly far to the left.

It's not a bell curve - it bimodal or maybe bifocal, some folks need to get the fock-all.

I suppose it is bimodal, or really, not even best represented by a curve but rather a histogram with only two intervals.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    tumblr_m2qocuEWNT1qfmqz4o1_500.jpg

I just showed this to my husband.

His response

"I can't see the whole thing."

He tried to scroll down and looked at me confused.

He must really be good in bed.
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member

*Runs Away* AAAAHHHHH Statistics!! I hated that class! :sad:
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member

whambulance.jpg

Sometimes, when you read the thread, it enables you to make a post that doesn't make you look like a donkey.

You're right, I should have posted this before that:

hippo.jpg
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    crying.gif
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member

smartass. I LOVE IT.

i raise you your professor cat and offer you the above. which didn't originally show up.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Smartest "people are mean" joke thread I've seen. Nicely done.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member

I completely agree. I feel like this site needs two different types of message boards. One in which people give their sarcastic remarks for a laugh, and the other in which people can get genuine help from others. I get the need to kick back and enjoy, but not at the expense of others. The emotional intelligence on this site is often lacking.

that's a good idea! the forum where people can have fun and post gifs and not have to worry about offending people should be called something like.. oh, i don't know... how about, "Chit Chat, Fun, and Games"? just so there's no way anybody could possibly be confused about the purpose of threads in there.

:drinker:

Don't be absurd. It would never fly.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk

smartass. I LOVE IT.

Eating sugar doesn't give you diabetes. *sigh* Don't perpetuate the myth... please.
  • ChristieisReady
    ChristieisReady Posts: 708 Member
    The cumulative relative frequency of high density elements in this thread is taking on a disturbingly upward trend.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member

smartass. I LOVE IT.

Eating sugar doesn't give you diabetes. *sigh* Don't perpetuate the myth... please.

wilford_brimley_want.jpg&h=1000&w=600&zc=1
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    The cumulative relative frequency of high density elements in this thread is taking on a disturbingly upward trend.

I've resisted thsi for a long time, but what are you ready for? Zombies? Apocolypse? What is it?