frustrated with unresponsive boyfriend

Options

Replies

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Well, I'll just toss my cap into the ring here too.

Listen, we can rationalize anything to make ourselves feel better about our bad decisions. Trust me, I've been there. I wrote a blog post on it too (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Paige682/view/cutting-out-the-kryptonite-447925).

By not answering your calls, returning your texts or reaching out on V-Day, he's not acting like your boyfriend. If he's already like this 3-4 months into the relationship, something isn't right. He shouldn't be like that if you've been dating for years! I know it's hard, and you can rationalize his behavior and make excuses all day long, but something is up. Unless you guys can have a meaningful conversation about what is going on, I'd walk before it gets worse.
  • alschultz33
    alschultz33 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I agree with what some others have posted already...

If you've only been together since October of last year and you're ALREADY having communication problems, it just sounds like it's not meant to be. You either have to sit him down, be blunt, and ask him what his problem is...or just ditch him.

From my own experience I can tell you that you can't change people. This might be his idea of a good relationship and that's fine if it works for both of you. You need to find someone who is compatible with your needs in a relationship.
  • Reza151
    Reza151 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Have you tried waiting until the sedatives wear off? I know it makes couples portraits a lot harder to get just right, but you might get a little more attention from him if you let him come to first.

Seriously? Was it worth your effort to be a *kitten*?
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Ive tried confronting him but he hasnt answered my phone calls.

Not returning phone calls/texts means he's either cheating or fading. I suspect the latter if he's not a cheater.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Have you tried waiting until the sedatives wear off? I know it makes couples portraits a lot harder to get just right, but you might get a little more attention from him if you let him come to first.

Seriously? Was it worth your effort to be a *kitten*?

It's always worth my effort.
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. Yeah my gut was telling me that it's over or else he would've put some effort into this but I needed to hear it from others as well before accepting it.
    Sorry you're facing this on Valentine's day, but hopefully you can remove yourself from the relationship on your own terms now. It's a much more empowering position to be in, and you deserve to be with someone who wants to return your texts and calls (or maybe even one who'll pick up the phone when it rings!).
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Also, I was dating this guy a couple years ago who did something similar. We had everything in common. He said he couldn't believe it but I was the perfect person he had been looking for. After our first time hanging out at my home, no sex involved, he kissed me goodnight and left. I text him twice the next day and he never responded. The day after that, he changed his relationship status to dating ANOTHER girl and deleted me from facebook.

Totally didn't see that coming!!! I wasn't attached but it was really hard to deal with. I didn't try to contact him after that and moved on. Saw him at the records store he works at not long ago and he just google-eyed me the whole time. Didn't say a word. Creeper.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    fb.jpg
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like the classic high school maneuver of ignore you until you confront him and he breaks up with you. Hate to say it, but it's what it sounds like to me.

^^ this... :frown:
  • curvynblonde
    curvynblonde Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    When someone is interested in someone else, they make time, no matter how busy they are. Even for just a quick phone call.
    I think you are really only telling yourself what you want to hear but not seeing whats really happening.
    Sorry to say it, but it seems like it's over to me.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. Yeah my gut was telling me that it's over or else he would've put some effort into this but I needed to hear it from others as well before accepting it.

Always listen to your gut.

If you are the one putting in the effort, he's checked out. Stop emailing, texting or calling him. Let him contact you. If he does, give him the chance to explain his behaviour. Let him talk. If he has no good reasoning for it, than let him know you are going to move on in life without him. If he doesn't contact you within a few days than move on.

Do not make excuses or guesses for his behaviour. Do not try to rationalize how he is acting.
  • RVfrog
    RVfrog Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I would say he is trying to tell you something. Don't waste your time with him
  • Sassygirl3889
    Options
    Being in a similar situation myself, years ago, I understand. You are probably feeling hurt and frustrated.. This is extreme but it just might be the best thing to do. This dude needs a wake up call, tell him that you want to break up. Not on V-Day of course. If he is still un responsive, then maybe it was the right thing to do at this time.
    He has no excuses to treat you this way. On the other hand if he is interested in keeping you then this might be the wake up call that he needs. Good luck.

He is being a dummy...

From an outside perspective, I would just cut him off.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I hate to break the news, but based on what you said it sounds like "he's just not that into you." 1.) Possibly cheating or 2.) just wants out and doesn't want to hurt you or else 3.) things just moved too fast for him and he is freaking out a little right now. Have a discussion with him and find out what is causing his change in attitude. If it is just #3, that can be easily solved by backing off a little and giving him some time and space to come to terms with being in a relationship. if it is #1 or #2, you owe it to yourself to know so you can move on.

Good luck, and I am hoping for a good outcome for you.

Definitely agree here. And one of my rules of thumb when it comes to relationships is that it isn't worth it if he isn't fighting to be with you when you are fighting to be with him. What is the point when you have no fight left?
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Just Marry him.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    He should be like that if you've been dating for years!

:noway:
    NO!

Don't accept this kind of behavior whether your relationship is new or not.

Sorry you're heartbroken on V's Day. :cry:
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Sorry honey but when a guy likes/loves a girl he will make sure she knows it and will spend time with her! Sounds as if he's lost interest. Stop texting and calling him and move on. There is a man out there that will treat you like a queen!!
  • rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    As a guy.. if I am into a girl (married now, but talking about my single days) she knows it. He has checked out and is moving on IMO. Busy or not, he would find a minute to get back to someone if he cared to. :( sorry

I agree - but sometimes doesn't it feel like a lot of work? Isn't it possible to like someone and not be in their face all the time?
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Ive tried confronting him but he hasnt answered my phone calls.

I haven't read all the replies, I was going to but when you posted this it stopped me. I think you're looking at it wrong. I understand you're hurt, unconfused to why he's not talking to you as much but thinking of it as a confronting him sitution, won't make it any better. It seems like with that, your emotions will be running high and the chances of a calm talk happening are lesser and lesser. Give it time, you've reached out to him.

He might just be busy with work and guys are different than women, they'll just go about doing what needs to get done then finish it and act like nothing happened. Most of the time to them, they don't get it. Try not talking to him for awhile, see if that gives him the push to realize he's missed you.

Or just break it off with him...you're the only one that knows the whole story, we just know what you posted here
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    He should be like that if you've been dating for years!

:noway:
    NO!

Don't accept this kind of behavior whether your relationship is new or not.

Sorry you're heartbroken on V's Day. :cry:

OOOOPS Typo! I meant SHOULDN'T. Yikes!
This discussion has been closed.