Black Team week 13!!!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    hey gang-- did two sets of ten last night-- wa-hooooooo--

And wonder of all wonders-- my eldest son is at this very moment on the golf course.....will wonders never cease?

The lad was born a golfer. Had incredible talent. Shot 69 in a tourney at age 10 (which is very good for all non-golfers) Competed nationally from 8-12 and then puberty hit. Everything crashed and burned. Self-control went bye-bye. Anger surfaced. Father/son relationship went to hell in a handbasket-- in a heartbeat, his golf future (which would have been a scholarship to any college of his choosing) was gone.

He's had a love/hate relationship with the game since. Makes himself feel better by saying he was never that good to begin with. Guess that's easier to believe than knowing he had the world at his fingertips and threw it away.

Sighhhhh-- anyway, this is one more demon he needs to face. Should prove interesting.

Heading to type-- have a great day.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Sara-- hey, sweet lady-- I've been working on my last 10 for a year and a half-- grrrrr. We'll get there.

Tanya-- have I mentioned how much I hate potty training?

Tammy-- have a great weekend! Internet/shminternet-- enjoy.

Later, my team--

Love to all.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Marla - You didn't gain any back, though. THAT is success. :heart:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    Marla and Sara- I've wanted to lose my last 10 for the past year now. I am right there with you all. But, like Sara said, didn't gain it back either, success comes in many forms.

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's out to work I go! After Walmart for egg color and Lowes for more wood (story of our lives lately). Told hubs I was going early to Walmart so I got it over with and I had the stuff when the kids were ready to color eggs, he said we would just hit Lowes now too. I've been ready for 20 minutes. Waiting. :grumble: His starter seems to be working slowly this morning.

I see boots being put on feet! Later team.
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    Well the toilet training is stopping - little Chris wet himself and then sat on my lap with no interest in the fact that he was wet!!

Had a nice night with friends last night, so no press ups happened but will do some today, got to scoot need to go and but some nappies!!
    I think I waited until the summer months before potty training. It was easier on the laundry!

so proud of myself today! Ran 9.6 at a 10 minute pace. I think I'm ready for the Cherry Blossom 10 miler next weekend. Really looking forward to it. Going to do my pushups now and then it is off to multching!!! I feel like Lori:noway: :laugh:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I've partially potty-trained a few of the kids I used to watch but it was during the day not all night. Harley is starting to show interest (She likes to flush whenever we're in the bathroom.) but I don't want to start yet. She's only (almost) 19 months and I don't want her to learn just in time for the baby to be born and make her regress so we're not gonna start until at least she's 2 in September. Not looking forward to it.
  • Marla64
    Options
    I've partially potty-trained a few of the kids I used to watch but it was during the day not all night. Harley is starting to show interest (She likes to flush whenever we're in the bathroom.) but I don't want to start yet. She's only (almost) 19 months and I don't want her to learn just in time for the baby to be born and make her regress so we're not gonna start until at least she's 2 in September. Not looking forward to it.

Lori-- seriously-- don't rush it. Believe me, it's tons easier having two in diapers than to be nursing a wee one and have the other pee on the floor because you can't get her there in time.

I don't usually start until they're at least 2.5, and it's been rather easy each time. The only I had trouble with was Hope-- and I tried her around age two because I had a newborn coming-- WTH? Child number six and I change what's worked? What was I thinking? (listening to hubs was what I was doing-- he always pushed me to do it earlier-- )
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    hey guys! i finally got my butt back to step class today, YAY!!!:drinker: i've been once in the last month due to fatigue, feeling yucky, no car, etc. it felt soooo good to get back into it. i had to take it easy a couple of times cause i was getting tired, but i think that's more cause i haven't been exercising as much rather than pregnancy stuff. it's so beautiful out today, i really wanna get outside with the munchkin and walk or watch him ride his bike.

tanya- potty training stinks! my almost 4-year-old took FOREVER to get it and he just started sleeping without pull-ups this week (so far so good on that though) hopefully he keeps it up. my oldest was a little easier. he decided when he was 2.9 that he wanted to use the potty and that was pretty much that. it's funny how different they can be.

sara- glad you're back! even if you did gain a few pounds back, look at you now! you're dropping 'em like crazy! you'll be back down to that goal weight in no time.

lori b- sorry about stealing your ticker...it's the best one i've seen. so cute

marla- i hope everything works out for your family. we're thinking about you. i actually had a dream the other night that you left a message on my answering machine (which i don't even have a house phone, so that was weird) but i thought it was cool to hear your voice. just one of those weird preggo dreams lol.

have a great day everyone! i'll have fun eating back the 562 calories i burned today! :wink:
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,936 Member
    Options
    Happy Good Friday friends!!!! I now have a 4 day weekend. It's our "Spring Break". Whatever, I'll take it! Had to take E to the dentist this a.m. to get one of three cavities taken care of. 2 kids with no cavities and 1 with 3 cavities, feeling like mom of the year.

I got home, started some laundry then did level 1 of my 30 Day Shred DVD. My arms will be feeling it tomorrow. I am proud to say that the cardio sections did not kick my butt like they used to. I guess I am making some progress.

Did 16 pushups during the DVD and then did an add'l 25 afterward. Forgot about them yesterday. Will do 25 more in a bit to make up for it.

Well, need to switch laundry. Have a wonderful day!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    000200C9.gif
  • loreeb18
    Options
    Lori-- seriously-- don't rush it. Believe me, it's tons easier having two in diapers than to be nursing a wee one and have the other pee on the floor because you can't get her there in time.

:laugh:

I don't want to rush it but I don't want to wait too long either. The little boy I used to watch was ready in my opinion not long after 2 - whenever he needed to poop (even though he was still in a diaper) I got to the point when he'd run to the bathroom and stand there pooping. By the time his mom was ready to train him he was over that and took forever to train. Everytime we made him sit on the potty, he'd scream his head off for at least 10 minutes. Then he finally couldn't hold it anymore and would go and then be all "Look, I went potty!" proud of himself. *shakes head*
  • loreeb18
    Options
    000200C9.gif

Is he bringing me Peeps? :love: Because I'd like that but I don't think the baby doctor would. I weighed myself this morning...not good. I keep trying to tell myself that Peeps are only here for a bit more but then I go to the store and stock up since Easter is almost over and then they'll be gone for a whole year. :noway:
  • loreeb18
    Options
    lori b- sorry about stealing your ticker...it's the best one i've seen. so cute

No problem. I like knowing what's going on with Baby Batman/girl. I also have a What To Expect app on my phone and it tells me a weekly, a daily, and a "the baby is as big as...". Right now Cooper is the size of a cucumber. :laugh:
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Andrew-- thanks, my friend--

Heading to type-- glad to see Jan back, too-- and Tammy--

Later, my team.

I'm not hearing too many reports of pushups--

let's go people-- drop and give me ten! pussups4cx.gif

Marla,

I'm always "lurking" Muahhhhhahahahaha:bigsmile:
  • Marla64
    Options

:laugh:

I don't want to rush it but I don't want to wait too long either. The little boy I used to watch was ready in my opinion not long after 2 - whenever he needed to poop (even though he was still in a diaper) I got to the point when he'd run to the bathroom and stand there pooping. By the time his mom was ready to train him he was over that and took forever to train. Everytime we made him sit on the potty, he'd scream his head off for at least 10 minutes. Then he finally couldn't hold it anymore and would go and then be all "Look, I went potty!" proud of himself. *shakes head*

And then there's Joshua, my 4 year old-- ran in one morning, ripped off his diaper telling us he had to go potty-- jumped on the potty and peed. An hour later, he ran in again, yelled again, ripped off the diaper again and pooped on the potty.

We were flabbergasted. The kid wasn't even 2 and a half yet-- and I hadn't intended to start him for a few months. Guess he was ready??? He was definitely the easiest to train since he basically did it himself--

Had our bi-weekly grocery extravaganza this day-- Sam's Club, Wal-Mart, Aldi, and Giant-- gotta love payday, eh?

Got all our eggs and dye-- we'll be hittin' the eggies tomorrow-- 10 dozen of eggs. Yee-ha-- fun stuff. (yeah, a little sarcasm thrown in-- but the kids love it, so I'm faking the enthusiasm better than usual-- :wink: )

Have a great night.
  • 72lori
    Options
    Marla- we colored our eggs today. My 2 step kids were going with their mom so today had to be it. I hard boiled 90 stinking eggs and the two older boys decided it was 'boring' after they did about 2 or 3 eggs so Jordan, Alex and his friend did them all. I sent some home with the friend. I love eggs, my kids love egg salad, but that's a LOT of eggs!

Guess what I did all day? Ahhh, nevermind..... yes, I worked on the deck. Tomorrow we might get mulch! (Donna, how did yours go?) I need something different right about now. I cut boards, I nailed boards. I cut boards, I nailed boards. Did I mention I cut boards, I nailed boards? Get the pattern to my day?

The surround is almost done around the hot tub, it needs some railings in front, along the retaining wall and a few deck boards in the far corner.
    DSC_0161.jpg?t=1270258494

I built every part of this corner flower box, except for the very top edge that hubs did at the end. It just needs some trim pieces that I want to add to make it stand out a little better. I also did all the deck boards that are running up and down (on the wall) along the entire 24 LONG feet of the deck. Hence the cutting and nailing all day long. My lower back is screaming. Do you hear it?
    DSC_0165.jpg?t=1270258578
  • Marla64
    Options
    Lori-- can I hire you to finish my kitchen floor? (previously typed grumble removed for propriety's sake-- )

Had a great, sweaty workout "Dance off the pounds" or somethin' like that-- Sarah and I were a coupla dancin' fools.

Headin' to type--

Deck and flower box look lovely, Lori-- really. Wonderful job.

Have a great night.
  • 72lori
    Options
    Lori-- can I hire you to finish my kitchen floor? (previously typed grumble removed for propriety's sake-- )

Had a great, sweaty workout "Dance off the pounds" or somethin' like that-- Sarah and I were a coupla dancin' fools.

Headin' to type--

Have a great night.

Hubs and I did our laminate floors. I have never done tile, but it's on my list of things to do to learn, cause I have two bathroom floors that I sure would like new tile in some day! Seriously, if I had the money and the market was right, I could totally get into flipping houses. I love that stuff!
  • Marla64
    Options

Headin' to type--

Have a great night.

Hubs and I did our laminate floors. I have never done tile, but it's on my list of things to do to learn, cause I have two bathroom floors that I sure would like new tile in some day! Seriously, if I had the money and the market was right, I could totally get into flipping houses. I love that stuff!

I just want a project finished. I'm not picky.

Pick one, hon-- anyone-- just finish it. Any one of 'em-- Please.

:wink:
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

Lori - the project looks amazing. I just wish that I had the umph to even start something like that.

Marla - sorry about how things are going at the moment, you are in my thoughts. Could you let me know what you are doing with the eggs??:embarassed:

Lori - are you a childminder as well? I have never had the toilet training issues that I am having with Chris:frown: , he just isn't interested and will giggle at me as he stands in his soaked jeans and pants. My eldest trained himself at just over 2yrs, day and night dry on the first day! Thomas took 2 days, and wouldn't let me put him back in a nappy when he broke his collar bone on the 2nd day - that was fun getting him on and off of the toilet :huh:

Donna - have you heard from your daughter? Hope she landed ok, and everything is amazing for her.

Everyone else, hope you are having a good easter weekend.

Yesterday was not a good day here. Well it started fine, still had friends over and had a big breakfast, but went downhill in the afternoon. By last night, I was sitting in the lounge in tears with a bottle of wine and one botle later was ill and passed out in bed.... can't put my finger on what set me off but it might of been that I feel like a single mum but have a wedding band to prove that their is an other half even though his job takes preference to me ( oh well on reading that back it sounds like that might be this issue :ohwell: ). Am going to have a better day today, and am waiting for Robs work collegue to collect his lap top and then I am going out for a walk - even if its raining!