Black Team week 13!!!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Victory-- no chocolate ingested-- I bought the Sam's Club gargantua sized Hershey's combination bag-- Kisses, Mini Reeses, Krackel, Mr. Goodbar, et cetera-- I stuck my head in the bag so far I thought I'd get it stuck. Told Faith I want to be buried in just such a bag-- the smell was simply heaven. But, thank God, I didn't eat any of it.

Woo hooooooo--

Sighhhhh-- now I can relax for the night-- and change my ticker.

Later, gang.
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter from a dark and wet Sunbury - no hunting for eats outside here today.

I have 2 very hyper little men running aroung and bellowing in the other room ,and that is without any chocolate being eaten :laugh: . Have already been through and sorted out Thomas's clothes and folded them and put them away in his drawers - it is amazing how much more drawer space you get when you fold your clothes :tongue: :tongue: , but can anyone tell me what he has done with all of his socks?? I found 1 pair in the drawers and know that he has 2 pairs with him at his friends, but 3 pairs of socks - surely not!!!:noway: Thats about all I can do in his room at the moment, as he currently has Samuel's clothes hanging in his wardrobe as Sam's wardrobe collaspsed on Thursday night, just as our friends arrived that were staying in Sam's room overnight - much fun, and made sorting out by Sam and help from Tom, so therefore I can't finish in Tom's room until the new wardrobe arrives on tuesday and I have then assembled it :ohwell: .

Was thinking of sorting out the toys, but thats a job to do once the boys are asleep, because as soon as I get out a toy that they haven't played with for ages etc they than want to play with it and nothing gets sorted. Suppose I coul go and start preping for dinner, peel spuds, carrots etc but I think I'll have another coffee and see what happens then

Bobbi - congrats to your daughter

Marla and Lori - I so agree, I find it hard to sit down and play a game but find that I have to - its my job after all, and glitter is banned from my house I hate the stuff.

Marla - congrats on not eating any chocolate, hope today goes as well

Jan - well done

Everyone else, sorry if I forgot you and Happy Easter
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Good morning team!

Sorry I havent been around to much this weekend. I've had tons of shopping and cleaning to do to get ready for dinner with everyone here at my house today. Plus, Ive had to make sure the house has plenty of groceries and everyone has clean clothes for next week because Mom is leaving at 7am tomorrow morning!!:happy: I'm so excited, Im sure it will be lots of fun to re-connect with all my old friends, catch up on about 22 yrs, and of course see "him" again!:wink:

I will try to check in again before I leave in the morning...but it's going to be a super-busy day today. I hope everyone has a wonderful, blessed Easter!
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    happy easter everyone!

marla and lori- i'm not the mom that constantly plays and does crafty stuff either. i like to watch and cheer them on in whatever they're doing. "yay! good job" while i'm sitting down and drinking coffee :laugh:

roni- love the new av :love: and good luck on the big trip! i hope you get everything you want

made the kids eggs for breakfast, they had fun finding their candy eggs and eating some of their candy. this year the easter bunny brought them slinkys. someone remind me to slap him the next time i see him. :noway: not one of his best ideas. they are swinging them around and hitting each other with them. oh well. it's just us this year, so it'll be a quiet day with my boys. i hope everyone has a great day! :heart:
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter Black Team!

Tanya- I managed to clean out the kids clothes BUT have not touched the toys. Toys are a different Beast and there everywhere!
    How do you make chocolate eggs? Do you use a mold and then hide them? Just curious. I have been obsessed with BBC America lately LOL

Marla- Yes, 60 "girlie" pushups. I do them in sets of 15 and my shoulder blades are screaming this am.

Going to my sister's for Easter lunch today...chocolate cake, sweet potatoe pie, cookies. I hope I survive eating "sensibly".

Blessings,
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone...off to hunt egg with 8 kids and 2 sets of grandparents....How fun is that, I am super stoked!!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    Tanya- that same sock bandit strikes in the US. I swear they eat their own socks or something. I have no idea where they go.

Beth- the beauty of the slinky, if they are slinging them around, they won't even last the day. :wink: Although I'm sure you have untangled them 1,000 times already. They get to the point of no return, where it won't even fold back up any more because it's so stretched out and mangled.

Jan- happy to hear you are kicking butt, keep it up girl!

Roni- have an awesome time!

Marla and Beth- My kids are mostly past wanting me to do stuff with them, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like it! I see all these young moms, out in the daytime with their little kids and wonder what planet they are from. I am not from the same one. Some times I wonder if they are really that sickeningly sweet nice all the time or if it's just for show in public.

Uneventful morning here. Kinda weird with only one home. Alex found all his goodies, now he's hiding the other kids' stuff in their rooms. He's having as much fun doing that as finding his own. Not sure exactly what we are getting into today. Well, I have ideas........

Have a great day all!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Shuntae-keep up the good work. :flowerforyou:

Tanya –WTG on the push ups!

Marla-must be a hoot at your compound this day! Happy Easter my friend.

Jan-cleaning out the clothes is nothing to pfft at…….I STILL have clothes from 4 yr olds (mine are 22-27!)

Lori FL-fun to have the older kids help out with the younger! Oh and as far as the happy-go-lucky-mom’s……..I am old enough to have sat with wine with a few of them, and their secrets are deeper than ours, believe me! Miserable the lot of them
    Bobbi-Girlie screech!! How cool and fun!

Roni- another Girlie Screech!! Giggle giggle….call me LOL

Beth-glad your having fun with the boys. Slinkys….yuck. More arguments and a few hair cuts from those things (Yes, I had to cut one out of Kel’s hair once!)

Tamara-Hope you have a lovely Easter….fun with the crowd!!

As for me: I am cooking my now famous standing rib roast. Well I will be in a few hours. Mmmmmm yum yum. Got up early to start Slim in Six so I have extra cals for dinner, but only burned 200 so a long walk is in order.

Happy Easter my dear friends. God Bless you all!!

:heart: Jeannie
  • Marla64
    Options
    Read through 'em all-- only time for one quickie shoutout--

R-O-N-I-- va-va-va voom, woman-- H-O-T new picture-- oh em gee--

Have a great time--

Happy Easter, all-- teens are hiding the eggs as I write-- younger ones are hiding in the little boys' bedroom waiting for the green light.

Video camera awaits--

Later, cats.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter, my Black Team friends!

We're having a nice, quiet relaxing day at home. No traveling or entertaining, just a good home cooked dinner for two. Having some roast turkey with baked mac and cheese and some green bean casserole with a strawberry pie for dessert. I sure am glad I went running yesterday AND that I didn't have the shake I wanted on Friday. :laugh: ...I knew I'd want to enjoy dinner and dessert today!

Roni- You look HAWT in the new picture! Hope you have fun on your trip!!!!

Later, kids. :heart:
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter! Hope you all have a wonderful day.
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter Black Team!

Tanya- I managed to clean out the kids clothes BUT have not touched the toys. Toys are a different Beast and there everywhere!
    How do you make chocolate eggs? Do you use a mold and then hide them? Just curious. I have been obsessed with BBC America lately LOL

Jan - we can make the eggs by using a mold, but we tend to buy shop made ones and the boys are just given them. Don't hide them as the weather outside is too poor, and the eggs are too large to readily hide.

Marla - hope all of yours enjoy their roles in the egg hunt today

Lori fl - it seems like your youngest has enjoyed the hunt and the hideing today. Did you go anywhere or carry on with the garden.

Roni - your new pic is fab, and have a fabulous trip

Shuntae - hope you enjoyed your meal

Have managed 5 proper pushups today, and will do some girlie ones once I have watched the rest of heroes (recorded it on sky!). Inlaws have just left, and we have had roast chicken, spuds, carrots, broccolli and cauliflower, and Rob's is sitting in the microwave as he is yet again still at work.

Hope the remainder of your easter is fab, check in with you all tomorrow xx
  • Marla64
    Options
    Tanya-- :heart: :heart: I sit here and often think that an unemployed husband is the worst lot in life-- and I see that you have an employed husband that you never see-- and that can be as stressful. Hope you had a nice day.

Still hanging in on the chocolate-- had some sweetened cereal for lunch which isn't the best for me-- but the chocolate was really calling me. I'm claiming it as a victory. Never before have I had so much chocolate so close to me, and remained so strong.

Stomach is acting up-- has been for awhile. Think there's either some hormonal crud going on or somethin'-- always poofy, always feeling crampy-- must be gearin' up for some, uh, changing if you know what I'm saying. And weight just isn't budging.

Grand. :ohwell:

Kids had a great time in the egg hunt-- David, Aaron and Faith ( 19, 14 and 16, respectively) hid the eggs-- 102 of 'em while Sarah (18) showered and primped...prima donna these days-- ack!

And the younger 5, Rebekah, Hope, Abigail, Josh and Caleb ( 12, 10, 8, 4 and 2) had a blast. Hubs filmed and I snapped some pictures which I'll try and post later.

Relaxing day-- I'm going to make some deviled eggs later, and pop a ham in later for dinner. David's working and the kids are all out playing with the neighbors-- weather is glorious.

Have a great day-- love to all.
  • Marla64
    Options
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2036305&id=1105705735&l=1e43da6178

Anybody without facebook that wants to peruse-- here's the link to our Easter album--

Later.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Here's a link to the pictures we took when we last visited Violet, my mother-in-law--

Check out the beardless dude-- compare it to my ticker picture-- amazing, no?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30668797&l=ff0fb21669&id=1105705735

When I complain and cry about the treatment of Violet, now you'll know who she is-- she's a wonderful lady.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options
    Here's a link to the pictures we took when we last visited Violet, my mother-in-law--

Check out the beardless dude-- compare it to my ticker picture-- amazing, no?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30668797&l=ff0fb21669&id=1105705735

When I complain and cry about the treatment of Violet, now you'll know who she is-- she's a wonderful lady.

I just saw both of your albums...such a beautiful family! All of the kids look like Violet. She's beautiful. :heart:
    Your hubs looks SOOOOOO different without the beard...I can see his face now! You've got yourself a cutie!
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone and Happy Easter! I checked in briefly while we were away at the Jersey Shore….and no it is nothing like that MTV show:laugh: . I was panicking to quick just log in so I could keep my streak going. Didn’t have any time to post. Sounds like everyone is doing great!

Lori – I love your deck and all the hard work you guys have done. I did get the mulching done but man I hate it!

Tanya – We heard my dd twice now via email. She said her umbrella has gotten good use! She said they went to Oxford yesterday “aka my new school” she says HAAA! All she has to do now is run into Prince Harry and we are golden! She sounds like she’s having the time of her life…and who wouldn’t …aaahh to be 18 again!

Bobbi – Congratulations on Amanda’s engagement. Great picture!

Marla - Your family is gorgeous! I cannot believe you have the time for all you do. You are truly amazing. Your MIL looks like an amazing woman.

Roni - Have a great time! I’m so excited for you. You deserve to have the best time ever! Can’t wait to hear the details upon your return! I love our new picture!

Shuntae - 29 days to go? I have 7 days till the Cherry Blossom 10 miler! Getting very excited. Winding down this week. Going to run 4 in the morning and then just taper. Problem is this Easter dinner and all the rest of the festivities this weekend. I need the week to get all this junk out of me so I can run next weekend!:sad:

Tammy, Jan, Jeannie, Andrew, Beth, Tami, Katie, Sara, Leslie I know I forgot somebody….I hope you all have a wonderful evening…….He is the reason…..and raises me up!..........along with the Black Team of course!

Now everyone route for Duke tomorrow night because if they win….I win the pool!!! $200!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options

Shuntae - 29 days to go? I have 7 days till the Cherry Blossom 10 miler! Getting very excited. Winding down this week. Going to run 4 in the morning and then just taper. Problem is this Easter dinner and all the rest of the festivities this weekend. I need the week to get all this junk out of me so I can run next weekend!:sad:

Now everyone route for Duke tomorrow night because if they win….I win the pool!!! $200!

I may try to get into Cherry Blossom next year...sounds like a blast!

Sorry, hon...I can't root for Duke for 2 reasons. 1. General hatred, and 2. They beat my Mountaineers last night! :sad: But I can be happy for you if you get the $200.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I :heart: Black Team !

25240_1417834809299_1335488835_1600069_1785722_n.jpg
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    I :heart: Black Team !

25240_1417834809299_1335488835_1600069_1785722_n.jpg

That picture actually made me feel sick. I got peeps today, didn't buy any for the kids for their Easter, just managed to overlook peeps. I ate about 5. Got the worst belly ache. Ugh! Peeps really aren't my favorite, chocolate is, but I ate 'em anyway.