Black Team week 13!!!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Hey Black team =)

Roni- Have a safe trip and good luck!

Marla- Congrats on the new husband. lol He looks very different. But good!

Tamara-Good luck with your trainer! I hope it goes well.

Not sure if I told all you guys, but I had another news shoot today. The reporter was contacted by a young man who really wants to change his life. He's 25 and just over 300 pounds. Pretty frustrated and really wants to get control. So I got together with Kelly (the reporter) and him today and had a bit of a question and answer. So he asked questions and I gave what advise I could. I think they are looking to have me act as a mentor of sorts. They plan on keeping track of his progress and I am going to try and help support him. I will be contacting him to let him know about MFP and to invite him and his Girlfriend to join our team. It was a great experience talking with him, but most importantly I heard myself rattle off lessons learned and give advice all the while realizing that most of these lessons I have ignored as of late and much of this advice I myself wasnt following. Sometimes something special comes along that gets you out of a rut. A light came on today my friends and I have my eyes on the prize once more. Dust off the cape. Batman is back.

Great food choices today and a solid workout. Take that Rut.

Batman-- I'm so glad to hear this. 'Cause I gotta tell you-- I've been worried about you. I know you're busy, and preoccupied. But, in all love, I saw your picture with the boys doing the Easter egg coloring, and saw more under your chin than I'd seen in a bit-- worried me!!!

You've come so far. You can't let this slip away, my friend--

Sending abundant love to Maine-- :heart: :heart:

Very true my dear. Very true. lol And believe me I noticed too. lol Feeling good today. Ate AWESOME healthy stuff all day and am excited about hitting the gym.

Thanks for the concern though. It is great to feel loved =)

<hugz>
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Thans for all the incouraging words guys! The best thing about this team is that we not only support each other but we kick each other in the butt. Believe me, I will still be busy and preoccupied but I will MAKE time for myself and this team. Afterall their is no more important time to be in good physical condition than when a new baby arrives. lol I'll check back in after the gym.

See ya later taters!

P.S. Anyone hear from Roni? I am dying to know how it went. lol
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Batman !!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Thans for all the incouraging words guys! The best thing about this team is that we not only support each other but we kick each other in the butt. Believe me, I will still be busy and preoccupied but I will MAKE time for myself and this team. Afterall their is no more important time to be in good physical condition than when a new baby arrives. lol I'll check back in after the gym.

See ya later taters!

P.S. Anyone hear from Roni? I am dying to know how it went. lol

You have no idea, Andrew-- baby number three is going to KICK. YOU. IN. THE. *kitten*.

Yes, I said *kitten*-- 'cause it's more forceful-- butt just wouldn't suffice.

However, my dear friend-- worry not-- once you learn to handle more kids than you have hands, you can handle anything. It's like juggling-- once you can handle three balls up in the air and know how to juggle-- throw me another-- no problem, eh?

In no time you'll be up to Brown numbers-- :wink:
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Batman-Welcome back fearless leader. I was getting worried, but felt I was new and didn't really know how this worked, so I'm glad you are back.

Donna-Congrats on the $$$ My money's always on DUKE. Go Blue Devils!!!

Break from pushups tonight.
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Hot as heck in the house. Really don't want to turn on the air conditioner, even though it's near 90 in here.

I gave in and turned on ours today when it got to about 82. A pregnant lady can only take so much. It's supposed to be 80's again here tomorrow and then Thursday 60's and Friday 50's. *shakes head at crazy weather*
  • Marla64
    Options
    Hot as heck in the house. Really don't want to turn on the air conditioner, even though it's near 90 in here.

I gave in and turned on ours today when it got to about 82. A pregnant lady can only take so much. It's supposed to be 80's again here tomorrow and then Thursday 60's and Friday 50's. *shakes head at crazy weather*

Seriously-- kooky stuff--

Just got off the phone with my husband in Daytona Beach-- it's 69 there right now-- 75 here. WTH?

I would've turned the air on, too, if I were you, Lori-- air conditioner was my best friend during my summer pregnancies.

it's still 82 inside right now. We have fans in the windows, trying to bring in the slightly cooler air-- not working terribly well.

But, we'll see-- people lived for a long time without it, no? I can handle it at least for today--

High of 91 forecast here tomorrow-- I may give in and turn it on, especially since the 3 younger girls are all grounded for the day, and will be doing laundry alllllllllllll day for leaving their baby brother alone tonight-- :angry:

*hums 'Cruella DeVille, Cruella DeVille...'*
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Marla- That outta teach em!

Team- Hope everyone is getting their last chance workouts in! GO GO GO!!!!

As you guys can see I am having myself a MFP reboot. I think it's time to "Start over" Sure I lost a bunch of weight. But that was then. Ticker is back to nothing lost. New name....new beginning. Feels pretty good.

Great eating, good work out. That makes two days in a row. OH YEAH.

lol

Have a good night team!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Can I still call you Batman? :cry: :wink:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    Catching up from the day. Sounds like everybody is doing well.

Picking a stain for our deck is feeling like car shopping with hubs. :grumble: Just pick one already! I have been ready to start it a bunch of times, but I keep holding off because he keeps changing his mind! He wants it to stay the natural color, but I hate it when it greys, so you have to use a tinted stain to keep it from greying. I guess I will go with one that looks as close to nothing as I can find.

Alrighty gang, I'm beat, time to head to bed.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Catching up from the day. Sounds like everybody is doing well.

Picking a stain for our deck is feeling like car shopping with hubs. :grumble: Just pick one already! I have been ready to start it a bunch of times, but I keep holding off because he keeps changing his mind! He wants it to stay the natural color, but I hate it when it greys, so you have to use a tinted stain to keep it from greying. I guess I will go with one that looks as close to nothing as I can find.

Alrighty gang, I'm beat, time to head to bed.

Can't help it-- you just make me giggle. :laugh:
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Good morning team!!:happy:

Ahem...sorry I havent been in for a couple days, but Ive been busy being blissfully happy and enjoying my visit. :wink: What can I say guys...I am in heaven!:heart: I couldnt ask for things to be going any better than they are. He is as wonderful and sweet as he always was, maybe even more so since hes about 22 yrs older than the last time I saw him...amazing. :love:

It really is as if we never parted. Things picked up right where they left off with zero effort. We have alot of catching up to do, but it feels as if we have known each other forever with no 20+ year break! I am in heaven...did I already say that?:blushing: :laugh:

Well, I will try to check back in soon...just wanted to share with my team:flowerforyou: Amazing.:love: Wait...I already said that too didnt I?:wink:

P.S. *****Ticker Alert***** I finally broke through that 150 lbs gone barrier! I lost another 3.8 lbs this week!! Something must agree with me......:heart::heart: :heart:
  • Marla64
    Options
    :happy: :happy: :happy:

Roni-- that makes me just smile--

So happy for you.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options

Ahem...sorry I havent been in for a couple days, but Ive been busy being blissfully happy and enjoying my visit. :wink: What can I say guys...I am in heaven!:heart: I couldnt ask for things to be going any better than they are. He is as wonderful and sweet as he always was, maybe even more so since hes about 22 yrs older than the last time I saw him...amazing. :love:

It really is as if we never parted. Things picked up right where they left off with zero effort. We have alot of catching up to do, but it feels as if we have known each other forever with no 20+ year break! I am in heaven...did I already say that?:blushing: :laugh:

Well, I will try to check back in soon...just wanted to share with my team:flowerforyou: Amazing.:love: Wait...I already said that too didnt I?:wink:

P.S. *****Ticker Alert***** I finally broke through that 150 lbs gone barrier! I lost another 3.8 lbs this week!! Something must agree with me......:heart::heart: :heart:

Roni,

I am so happy for you!!!

What a great story - just reaffirms my belief that fairy tales can come true.. :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    Roni- awesome news! We've been waiting for your update. I couldn't be any happier for you. Enoy it, you deserve it!

Edit to ask: So I need to go find my boyfriend from 20 years ago to lose my last 10 pounds? Ummmm, I'll keep the extra poundage! LOL He was a little stalkerish. So much so, I've even avoided him on Facebook despite the 20 friend requests in the matter of a week- case in point. (But I"m glad it worked for you!)
  • Marla64
    Options
    Mine is a fat, bald retired cop who drinks like a fish.

Blech.
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options

Wow Roni! When things go your way, there is no stopping you! My heart is racing for you....and another 3.8???? OMG! You have just kick started me again! Thank you from the bottom of my heart! I keep losing and finding the same *#$% pounds! I HATE IT! I'm also tired of saying "I'm back!" Just do it!
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Marla - People used to have no air conditiioning but they also had no internet and died in theiir 40's. :laugh:

Andrew - I saw your new name and thought "Who's the new guy?" :laugh:

Roni - Yay for you! Glad you had a good time! :flowerforyou:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options

Blech.

I wish you wouldn't talk about my husband that way.. :laugh: :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Options

Blech.

I wish you wouldn't talk about my husband that way.. :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: