WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL

Options
barbiecat
barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
WELCOME to the thread for Women ages 50+……….actually, all women are welcome. I am drinking another eight ounces of water as I write this. This thread and this group of women changed my life. I hope you have a similar experience. We check in with each other regularly and welcome new members. This has been a very supportive and encouraging group.

How did you do on your goals for March? What are your goals for the month of April? This is the beginning of spring weather and longer days allowing us more time for gardening and outdoor exercise. Never, never, never give up.

We can do together what we cannot do alone.
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Barbie

Replies

• Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    I fit your 50+ group, but I don't set individual monthly goals. Maybe I should? When I started back in January, my goal was to lose 40 pounds to maintain that loss, however long it takes me. Always looking for a support group who will be encouraging on my journey though!!!!!!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Welcome Holton,

It is an individual choice you can make about goal setting. I found it helpful at the start because it gave me something to work toward. My goal was to lose 100 lbs. in a year, but life intervened, and I will end up down about 55 lbs. as my year is up in two more weeks.

We look forward to hearing more from you in the new month.

BTW, just to keep things interesting, we have 4 Barbara's on this thread!!, and a couple of Kathy's.

Greetings to all.

Barb
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I think monthly goals help. I have lifetime goals, monthly goals and season goals. Each list has a different purpose.

Anyway, it's still March here!! :laugh:

I did okay on my March goals. I shared my carrots and my nuts with people at work which normally I don't do because I measure out a serving and, if I give someone to someone else, I won't know how much I ate. Quell horror. So that was part of my "working on my irrational beliefs about food". I stuck to my training plan for the most part. Got in my water and protein. I didn't get to bed by midnight every night but I was pretty close most nights.

I put my April goes in my signature. I have a race this month, first of the season, and I hope to finish FOP (Front of the Pack) on that one. We're also doing a training weekend for my May 1st race and my goal for that is to be able to run the whole run. We'll see how that plays out as my calf has been bothering me since my 10k training run on Sunday and I'm going to go back to PT and see if they can help me get over this problem at last.
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I think monthly goals help. I have lifetime goals, monthly goals and season goals. Each list has a different purpose.

Anyway, it's still March here!! :laugh:

I did okay on my March goals. I shared my carrots and my nuts with people at work which normally I don't do because I measure out a serving and, if I give someone to someone else, I won't know how much I ate. Quell horror. So that was part of my "working on my irrational beliefs about food". I stuck to my training plan for the most part. Got in my water and protein. I didn't get to bed by midnight every night but I was pretty close most nights.

I put my April goes in my signature. I have a race this month, first of the season, and I hope to finish FOP (Front of the Pack) on that one. We're also doing a training weekend for my May 1st race and my goal for that is to be able to run the whole run. We'll see how that plays out as my calf has been bothering me since my 10k training run on Sunday and I'm going to go back to PT and see if they can help me get over this problem at last.

:flowerforyou: I wondered how to get the monthly goals added to the post - add it to my signature :smile: . Right, today I am going to think about goals for April and will add them to my signature when I next log on.

:smile: Well must dash I have to pop to the shop on my way to work (not sure what I am going to get though) For Max's leaving buffet I was entrusted with taking Pizza, unfortunately I overcooked one of them last night so only have one to take this morning, I know there will be plenty of sandwiches and other munchies, but 6 slices of Pizza looks a bit tight , so I will have to take something else in. :laugh: :laugh: Well it was late.... I was tired.... I nodded off for a few mins ... went into the kitchen to wash up ... remembered PIZZA ... too late burnt to a crisp :laugh:

:flowerforyou: Bye for now

Viv :heart:
  • sgilmartin0619
    Options
    HI All, I just started after a friend of mine has lost 20+ pounds since the first of the year, encouraged me to start here. I have NO idea what I am doing yet, but plan to get started on April Fools day (April 1) Is that ironic or what? I am looking forward to losing about 25 pounds, if possible so help me along ladies, if you please!!! I would like to lose five pounds THIS month, so I will start with that, and go on from there. :bigsmile:
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! I couldn't sleep so I am up super early. My goals remain the same and are in my signature. I think that I did pretty well with it last month, which is when I started this new goal. I think I will toddle off to try to get in another hour of sleep before the alarm goes off. Happy April Fool's Day from the head fool!
  • arborsong
    arborsong Posts: 98
    Options
    I'm just restating my April goals which is to first survive a gazillion hours that I have to work from now till April 15. Then on April 16, I start back to the gym 5 days a week, revamp my food, log food and exercise. It will be a new time for me. I've been in hiding since tax season began on January 2. I'm anxiously awaiting the time I can spend in my yard - that has to burn zillions of calories. But, first is this holiday weekend - my kids are coming in for Friday through Sunday - lots of food there, I know. Tonight is my sister's birthday dinner - more food. I can be careful but mostly conscious of what goes in my mouth. And, water.........that's my biggest downfall. Here's to water for all of us.................... just think of the April showers and how our bodies, like the Earth, needs water to thrive! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • smwert
    smwert Posts: 300
    Options
    I would like to lose 2 pounds per week in April since I soon won't be able to hide under my jackets. That may be a little ambitious but I will try.

susan
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Double post! (See below) Hasn't happened to me in a long time!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Happy April!

Welcome to any and all newbies! You will love this thread!:heart::love:

I added one thing to my goals--to start walking in the evenings. I didn't put a time as I am sure it will vary depending on how tired I am from work, but I want to start walking at least a little every evening. It will be good for me--physically, emotionally and spiritually.
    :
    Here's to a good month for us all!:drinker:
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    "Balance board not working" Just kidding, the wii played an April Fool's day joke!

April goals shortened. Extending the Lenten experiment through April, and adding 5 mins activity/day. Watch for mega post this weekend.

Hugs,
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    In March I finally reached the goal I had set for my birthday in early February of being a size 10. I thought I could maintain apoud a week loss but instead it took me 59 weeks to lose 38 pounds. At least I FINALLY got there!

My goal for April is to maintain this lifestyle of daily exercise and healthy food choices. According to the BMI chart I am still in the obese category. So now that I'm down 38 pounds, I still need to lose 20 more! Now that its warmer and I can ride my bike most days I am going to set my goal at losing a pound a week. Something I haven't been able to do in over 6 weeks.

Keeping my great nephew today then hubby starts 3 days off. We are helping with the Easter egg hunt at church Saturday afternoon and have a huge family meal planned for Sunday evening. In between I have production rehearsals for Sunday service. Its gonna be a busy wonderful weekend at my house!
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Just jumping in to say Happy April, Happy Spring!!! And grab the thread. Have a great day! :heart: Alice
  • arborsong
    arborsong Posts: 98
    Options
    SuzyQ - It's SO hard to believe a size 10 is considered obese!!! I am SO proud of you for making this goal even though it took a little longer than you planned. You have been an inspiration to me from the beginning and I salute you for your accomplistment!!! (No smileys that salute -- sorry) I will look forward to hearing about your continued progress.
  • HeatherV697
    Options
    Hello ladies, I will hit the big 50 this year and really want to start taking better care of my self. I do not have large weight loss goals but really need to watch what I am taking in. It makes me more accountable to better health. I have recently been diagnosed with an illness and want to use all the tools available to be good to myself.
  • AllisonMO
    AllisonMO Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! I started my diet and exercise program early in February as part of a Lenten discipline. I had hoped to reach my goal by Easter, but alas, clearly being older makes the metabolism slower, so I am only halfway there. MFP has been a godsend for helping keep me accountable on calories and portion control, and the members have helped me understand that weight loss isn't a linear process and that it is just as important to eat enough as it is to eat less.

A busy weekend with church...service tonight, service tomorrow, Easter egg hunt, and then sunrise service and the regular service. Lunch out with family. Have bought NO Easter candy but expect to be tempted by cookies at the egg hunt. :(

My April goal is to maintain 1-11/2 loss per week.

I do have the occasional glass of wine as a treat--got to live as well as eat!
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good Morning and Happy April to all!

I'm still thinking of those April goals,:huh: having to give them some serious thougth. Since my goals are not monthly as I'm really setting the long goal of being to my goal by that next Birthday...we will see.

Lani- Welcome Back:flowerforyou:

Terri - your massage sounds so good...maybe come Mother's Day I can convince some kids of mine to give me one:bigsmile:

Auntiebk- I relate to you and the clutter mess, my husband made me a special room for my crafts, sewing, etc and I just pile stuff in there:blushing: and when it came time for me to finish getting Mom's papers together for her taxes (using an accordian file) it took a whole weekend:cry: ..but they are done and the tax lady was impressed that I had it all at hand when we went out to Oregon last week.

Spaniel- enjoy your cruise, they are so much fun:bigsmile:

Louise - hang in there...there is light at the end of the tunnel and then you can take a nap:yawn:

Heather - Welcome:flowerforyou:

Barbie-I too did the accordian file:bigsmile: for Mom's taxes, and am glad that Gerald does our's and that I don't have to deal with ours. Looking at your ticker:noway: am I reading that right? You have met your goal?:drinker: I'm not sure if I have every seen someone on MFP that has met the goal...BTW your pictures look GREAT:smile: too!

Best get to the papers all over my desk calling my name.

Everyone have a GREAT April's Fool's Day and don't let the scale fool you!

Laura:smile:
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Well shoot, I just posted in the last thread. And I really do not have time to redo. So, I just want to say Happy Resurrection Day everyone. I may be online on Saturday, not sure. I have a busy weekend coming up.
  • madgoth
    madgoth Posts: 60
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I want to set my April goal to do at least 15 minutes of some kind of exercise every day.
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Happy Easter to all my MFP friends. :smile:

I'm wearing a size 11 jeans today. Granted, they are stretch, but nonetheless, I was able to get them over my hips and thighs :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:heart: :heart: Rebel:heart::heart: