Can a Dr tell me if this is loose skin or fat? *PICS*

Options
I was wondering if I went to a Dr if they could let me what was fat & what was skin. Could a regular one tell me or would I need to see a plastic surgeon? I know I have a little at the bottom because I pull it, but then it gets thicker which makes me think that there is fat in there too. Put it hangs down, you can see in the pics. If must b loose skin making it hang? Or could that b the fat doing that? Also my belly button is pretty stretched out too. And when I like lay on my side or like plank, it's like every just falls out and it hangs. Can fat do that or is it skin?
Honestly, I pray it's mostly fat, because you can lose that. Skin you really can't & it's gross. I already have self esteem issues, skin will make it even worse. I'm scared to b put to sleep to have a tummy tuck. I've not have sure since I was a baby & I was allergic to the anesthetic they used. My whole face swelled up, so that's one reason I'm scared of it. I've heard of Elixis skin tightening that uses lasers, so I hope I could do tht. Of course money is an issue. Now I will stop rambling. Here's the pics.
90dayliftingside_zpsa5026668.png
6e8edc4b-7e31-4364-b667-7686c2962f27_zps1a0da8fa.jpg

Replies

• littlebirdy1202
    Options
    I'm sure a doctor could tell you. But I wouldn't consider a tummy tuck at this point in your life unless you are sure you don't plan to have children. If you want children then you will need that skin to stretch out to accommodate your pregnancy. Seriously though you look terrific and no-one would see anything in a pair of jeans. You are definitely thin.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I'm sure a doctor could tell you. But I wouldn't consider a tummy tuck at this point in your life unless you are sure you don't plan to have children. If you want children then you will need that skin to stretch out to accommodate your pregnancy. Seriously though you look terrific and no-one would see anything in a pair of jeans. You are definitely thin.

I want to look good naked tho :( I want to wear a 2 piece out in public & not look gross like this.
    I don't think I want kids either.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Firstly congratulations on losing 66 pounds! And your arms are looking super strong too!

How quickly did you lose the weight? If it was a rapid weight loss, it may be a matter of needing to wait a bit to let your body regain some elasticity.

I would also recommend some core strengthening exercises... your upper body looks strong, but your core muscles look like they could use some strength. Do you incorporate any sort of planking and squats into your training? How about running?
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    looks to me like its just a little of.both. just keep going, lift heavy at a moderate deficit, (eat enough, 250cal less than TDEE) and it SHOULD cme off. watch the cardio. limit to 2-3 days per week HiIT for 10-20 mins
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    oh, and definetly SQUAT! this engages your abs better than any isolation exervise as well as giving you a hot rounded butt. i would even consider eating at maintenance to get the last amount of fat off.
  • shorty35565
    Options
    Firstly congratulations on losing 66 pounds! And your arms are looking super strong too!

How quickly did you lose the weight? If it was a rapid weight loss, it may be a matter of needing to wait a bit to let your body regain some elasticity.

I would also recommend some core strengthening exercises... your upper body looks strong, but your core muscles look like they could use some strength. Do you incorporate any sort of planking and squats into your training? How about running?

Took me a year and 1/2 to get 66lbs off. I started Aug 2011 at 185lbs. The first week, I dropped to in the 170s (water weight) And by the beginning of 2012 I was 155. Then from 155 to 122 happened slowly through out 2012. Then 122 to 119 since the beginning of this year. I dont really think I lost fast. I think I just have horrible genes. I'm covered in stretch marks too.
    I actually have some abs trying to show through, Just takes the right amount of lighting to see them.
    11237423_2649.jpg

I do deadlifts, bent over rows, bench press, overhead press, squat and assisted pull ups. I'm pretty sure more of them use the core to stabilize. I don't do much cardio, because I am skinny fat. I'm 119lbs & like 25 or so % body fat. I carried most of my weight right in my belly & still do. So I pretty much just lift with a small deficit. I was advised by Sara. So I'm pretty sure I'm got my routine down :)
  • shorty35565
    Options
    looks to me like its just a little of.both. just keep going, lift heavy at a moderate deficit, (eat enough, 250cal less than TDEE) and it SHOULD cme off. watch the cardio. limit to 2-3 days per week HiIT for 10-20 mins

This is exactly what I'm doing ^__^ I don't really actually do cardio, besides walking since I'm skinny fat. I just lift heavy (for me) and 350 cals off my bodymedia TDEE :)
    Do u think my stomach will always hang like tht?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,561 Member
    Options
    Take another year off to see if the skin retracts more. From what I see, it's loose skin.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Loose skin is really thin and it's hard to tell when you have some fat left behind it. It can take up to a year for the skin to 'settle down'. I know it's hard, but give it time and reassess later.
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Just keep gong with the heavy weights. Do compound lifts and eventually you will be ok. Just give it time!
  • KimLovesDon
    KimLovesDon Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    You could try incorporating sit ups, crunches and leg lifts into your routine to see if that helps tone your core as well. Couldn't hurt.
  • CuteWittleWifey
    Options
    You said you don't wanna look gross...well, um...you don't look gross, crazy! Seriously!!
    I just had a baby two weeks ago, so I know how you feel...TRUST ME.
    It's no big deal. :)You look fab!
  • zoukeira
    zoukeira Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Take another year off to see if the skin retracts more. From what I see, it's loose skin.

This. I had a tummy a bit like yours (but very badly stretchmarked) and although it's not perfect yet, time and strength training have made a huge difference (bikini pic in profile). Unless you were quite large loose skin is normally only loose because there's still a layer of fat under it that is yet to come off - think of all those women who have had babies and got their flat tummies back without saggy loose skin - I bet their stomachs were far more stretched than yours!
  • kajpurdue
    kajpurdue Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    who is looking at you belly when you have arms like that? wow!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

This. I had a tummy a bit like yours (but very badly stretchmarked) and although it's not perfect yet, time and strength training have made a huge difference (bikini pic in profile). Unless you were quite large loose skin is normally only loose because there's still a layer of fat under it that is yet to come off - think of all those women who have had babies and got their flat tummies back without saggy loose skin - I bet their stomachs were far more stretched than yours!

You look great - really good example of having patience and strength training. Congratulations.
  • cryswest57
    cryswest57 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Coming from someone who has had a c-section four months ago, I want my stomach to look like yours lol. :) Tranverse ab exercises help build the inner core so maybe just add some into your routine. I saw body builders do them to tone their lower abs. I do them because I had ab separation really bad, but I got my waist down six inches since giving birth.
  • Karadol
    Karadol Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Looks to me like you had a csection? If so the scar tissue is adhered deep and the only so
    Itin is a tummy tuck. Where it proud, it is the result of bring life. That is much more to be applauded than some one working out all the time.
  • shorty35565
    Options

1st off, you look amazing & ur stomach is something I fear I can only dream about. Those women just had good genes. Mine apparently suck :( My stomach was pretty big before, because that's where I carried my fat. Here is what I looked like.
    cropbeg_zps7858bdb2.png
    cropbeg2_zpsa5a27001.png
  • roguex_1979
    roguex_1979 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Wish I looked like you! How tall are you, just out of interest?

If you want to look good in a bikini (not that you don't in THAT one!), wear one that doesn't sit so low. That will disguise your teeny tiny tummy.

Having read what others are saying, looks like you're on the right track and as they say, give it a while.

Well done. I hope when I get down to my goal weight I look every bit as good as you!