Can a Dr tell me if this is loose skin or fat? *PICS*

Options

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Firstly congratulations on losing 66 pounds! And your arms are looking super strong too!

How quickly did you lose the weight? If it was a rapid weight loss, it may be a matter of needing to wait a bit to let your body regain some elasticity.

I would also recommend some core strengthening exercises... your upper body looks strong, but your core muscles look like they could use some strength. Do you incorporate any sort of planking and squats into your training? How about running?

I suggest you take her advice to heart. Make sure you are increasing your loads progressively on your strength training and give your skin some more time to catch up with your very impressive weight loss. It's definitely not knife time yet. May come to that, but let's let nature work first.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    who is looking at you belly when you have arms like that? wow!

Thanks. Tho u can see in the side pic that my arms don't look like great when not flexed. They're flabby. So people would prob pay attention to all my flabbiness.
  • shorty35565
    Options
    Looks to me like you had a csection? If so the scar tissue is adhered deep and the only so
    Itin is a tummy tuck. Where it proud, it is the result of bring life. That is much more to be applauded than some one working out all the time.
    .......I do not have a kid. I get this a lot tho. And it really hurts.
  • shorty35565
    Options
    You look amazing! Wish I looked like you! How tall are you, just out of interest?

If you want to look good in a bikini (not that you don't in THAT one!), wear one that doesn't sit so low. That will disguise your teeny tiny tummy.

Having read what others are saying, looks like you're on the right track and as they say, give it a while.

Well done. I hope when I get down to my goal weight I look every bit as good as you!

I'm 5'4 3/4
    And thanks. I would rather look like some of the ladies that have responded to this thread. They have amazing stomachs!
    This one was a cheap one tht I got for progress pics. I would NEVER wear this out in public.
    I hope you looks tons better than me! I wish I looked tons better than me lol
  • shorty35565
    Options
    Firstly congratulations on losing 66 pounds! And your arms are looking super strong too!

How quickly did you lose the weight? If it was a rapid weight loss, it may be a matter of needing to wait a bit to let your body regain some elasticity.

I would also recommend some core strengthening exercises... your upper body looks strong, but your core muscles look like they could use some strength. Do you incorporate any sort of planking and squats into your training? How about running?

I suggest you take her advice to heart. Make sure you are increasing your loads progressively on your strength training and give your skin some more time to catch up with your very impressive weight loss. It's definitely not knife time yet. May come to that, but let's let nature work first.

I will :)
    My deadlift has gone from 50 to 90lbs since Oct.
    Squat: 40 to 85lbs
    Row: 35 to 65
    Bench: 30 to 55
    OHP: 10 to 40
    Is that good progress?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Excellent progress. Keep up the outstanding work. Your results speak for themselves
  • 000WhiteRose000
    000WhiteRose000 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    if you want to look good naken why would you want a tummy tuck? it leaves a horrible scar. To be honest I think it's a combination of fat and lose skin. Diet and weight lifting to help but there will come a point when you will need to accept your body.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Very good progress. Keep at it.
    You have achieved not only great lifts but you've come a long way.

I bet that if you stick to this and come back in 3,6,9 and 12 months you will see amazing changes in the little you have left.

One word of advice that I have discussed with a few here - as we get better, stronger, more in tune with ourselves we tend to be more critical of small things and look at issues which we would have found acceptable 6 months prior as major issues.

It's a gumption trap (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gumption_trap) - kick it to the curb. You look great and will get where you want to go.
  • shorty35565
    Options
    if you want to look good naken why would you want a tummy tuck? it leaves a horrible scar. To be honest I think it's a combination of fat and lose skin. Diet and weight lifting to help but there will come a point when you will need to accept your body.

But scars look better than loose hanging skin :(
    Maybe I could get tht laser thing.
  • shorty35565
    Options
    Very good progress. Keep at it.
    You have achieved not only great lifts but you've come a long way.

I bet that if you stick to this and come back in 3,6,9 and 12 months you will see amazing changes in the little you have left.

One word of advice that I have discussed with a few here - as we get better, stronger, more in tune with ourselves we tend to be more critical of small things and look at issues which we would have found acceptable 6 months prior as major issues.

It's a gumption trap (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gumption_trap) - kick it to the curb. You look great and will get where you want to go.

Thank u :) This was something that worried me 6 months ago though. I've never found anything ab my stomach acceptable. I really do hope it changes.
  • 000WhiteRose000
    000WhiteRose000 Posts: 266 Member
    Options

I guess everyone has their own opinion. I would understand if you had lost 300 pounds and had massive amounts of lose skin but I personally wouldn’t get the large scars as a trade off for a little lose skin… I don’t know what the last thing is but I can’t imagine it would remove excess skin?
  • shorty35565
    Options

I guess everyone has their own opinion. I would understand if you had lost 300 pounds and had massive amounts of lose skin but I personally wouldn’t get the large scars as a trade off for a little lose skin… I don’t know what the last thing is but I can’t imagine it would remove excess skin?

It's called Elixis. it's supposed to tighten skin somehow. I haven't looked a lot into it yet. I'm still waiting to see what happens.
  • blobby10
    blobby10 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    My first thought was 'what loose skin, where?? My second thought was - I wish I looked even a quarter as good.

Please stop beating yourself up - you look AMAZING!

B x
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I'm sure a doctor could tell you. But I wouldn't consider a tummy tuck at this point in your life unless you are sure you don't plan to have children. If you want children then you will need that skin to stretch out to accommodate your pregnancy. Seriously though you look terrific and no-one would see anything in a pair of jeans. You are definitely thin.

I want to look good naked tho :( I want to wear a 2 piece out in public & not look gross like this.
    I don't think I want kids either.

^
    I feel ya.....I hate when people tell me this. I want to look the way I want to.
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    My first thought was 'what loose skin, where?? My second thought was - I wish I looked even a quarter as good.

B x

I'm like her...i know how she feels...
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options

B x
    This and you are joking right?
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I lost 95 pounds over a two year period. I had a bit of a flabby FUPA, too. The skin will un-stretch a bit, but for me, the only way that really has taken away the "loose skin" areas is putting muscle on in the area. Like building deltoids and triceps helped with the underarm loose skin. I put on a bunch of muscle on my back, and in my opinion, I think even that helped with the look of my FUPA skin. And of course tons of ab muscles kinda pushing up against the surface (even thought I'm no where near a 6 pack) help make the stomach look less... flabby.

But mainly time. Give it a year or two, unfortunately, for the skin to un-stretch. Good job losing all the weight. Wear ANY bathing suit with pride.

(I even had a FUPA-like skin-fold hanging thing above each of my knees! It was so gross.)
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    I'm sure a doctor could tell you. But I wouldn't consider a tummy tuck at this point in your life unless you are sure you don't plan to have children. If you want children then you will need that skin to stretch out to accommodate your pregnancy. Seriously though you look terrific and no-one would see anything in a pair of jeans. You are definitely thin.

I want to look good naked tho :( I want to wear a 2 piece out in public & not look gross like this.
    I don't think I want kids either.

Not sure what you look like naked but you look pretty damn fine in the bikini...
  • dardell77
    dardell77 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Look into It Works wraps...it's like $99 for a pack of 4 and you use them over a course of a few weeks. I've had some great results with them, if you google it you can find before and after pics too and a rep to purchase from. This could help that area and get you ready for bathing suit time! Great job on your loss! You look great!
  • jrue1985
    jrue1985 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why you are so against cardio. What do you mean you don't do cardio because you are "skinny fat"? I know what skinny fat is, but what has that got to do with not doing cardio? You can lift AND do cardio as well.