Fit & Fun Sized Group ~ April '10

Options
12346»

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,983 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Keakia, do you have a pedometer? That's what helped me push a little harder on exercise......there was always an opportunity to add a few more steps to my day so each day I could feel that I had made progress........I don't know about some of those challenging workouts but if you think you're not in shape, then take a look at Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home DVDs or the one she had that is simplified pilates......also yoga is a good place to start.......even with the challenging stuff you can do only some of the repetitions at first so you don't hurt yourself. Remember "if you're moving, you're losing" :bigsmile:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good morning all and HAPPY FRIDAY! It's a beautiful day in Georgia so i'm looking forward to just relaxing. I may do a little shopping since I still have accessories to purchase.

Anyway, today is week 2 day 5 of the P90X program and the "Legs and Back" dvd is complete. I decided to complete the Insanity warm up to get the heart rate up and really rocked out the legs and back routine. My legs felt a bit wobbly by the time the workout is complete so I'm sure they will be a bit sore by tomorrow but I so love the soreness when it relates to a great workout.

Keakia: I've completed Insanity and currently completing P90X and both are pretty intense although Insanity is 10x crazier than P90X. I'm not sure if you have any health/knee/back issues but I would take that into consideration before spending your money. Give me an idea of what your current workout routine is b/c that will give me some idea of whether you're ready for it. However, if you feel ready then I say go for it.
  • Keakia
    Keakia Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!

Barbiecat- I have been thinking about getting a pedometer for months. I guess it's time to just do it! I have heard in the past that Lesle Sansone's program is pretty good, I will have to check that out too. Thanks;)

Chocolickkyss- I'm NOT at ALL ready to try either of the programs yet, but I am looking at it as a possible goal for me. I was on complete pregnancy bedrest most of last year and my endurance is now in the toilet! I have to get all the weight off from the baby and get myself back up to speed. I am hoping it won't be terribly long, but I do feel my workouts harder than EVER before. UGH!

Thank you both for your input! Have a great weekend!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon all, I'm posting late today b/c I have been rippin and running all morning. I've finally returned to the house and wanted to post before relaxing for the rest of the day. Today is week 2 day 6 of the P90X program and Kenpo X has been completed.

I hope everyone else is having a great day. I will try to check back later but I'm so sleepy right now that I'm unsure if it will happen but nonetheless everyone enjoy their day.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,983 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: a fun day with a lot of walking at the street arts and crafts fair, washing the poodles, walking with hubby, gardening, and several sessions on the stationery bike. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning all! It's a rainy day here in GA and my arthritic knee and back are already bothering me. It is definitely one of those days where all you want to do is lay in the bed and chill but no can do. Today is week 3 day 1 of the P90X program and the Chest and Back routine is complete. It's amazing what increasing your weights can do for a workout. I had been using 8 lb weights but today I began w/10 lbs. I could tell I could use heavier weights for some of the moves but since 10 lb weights were all I had I decided to also use my 3 lb weights for a total of 13 lb. I was definitely feeling the burn by the last 3 reps.

Hope everyone has a great day! I will try to check in later.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

On my way out the door to work, so this will be short. I could not find a new post for May, if there is one, please put the link in here. lol

I am hoping to start loosing again in May and feel like I'm getting my life back now that DD is doing so well.

Happy Monday to all,

JAM
  • jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    Options
    I just started the new thread Jam...Here is the link....

LINK TO NEW MAY THREAD~~>

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/94500-fit-fun-sized-group-may-10