My body can't tolerate bad food anymore! How about you?

Options
I used to have really bad eating habits, including take away at least 3 nights a week. Well I've been eating so well for about a month and a half now, including a cheat meal about once a week. These cheat meals haven't been particularly bad until last night... We ordered pizza and I quite happily ate it, followed by ice cream. Boy does my body hate me for it! I've been up all night with a gurgling sstomache and it's purely the noise keeping me awake lol. I had more immediate effects too if you catch my drift. I find this interesting because although I consumed a lot of calories, I didn't eat until I was completely stuffed and feeling so full and sick I couldn't move. Despite the bad effects, it makes me happy Coz I feel it means my body is taking on positive changes from my new lifestyle!

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Replies

• lhgalant
    lhgalant Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    yep! it's definitely a good thing to know your body is making those changes. the worst for me was fast food. now if i eat it, it tears my stomach up almost instantly.
  • traininglady911
    traininglady911 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I started a water aerobics class this week. I went on Monday and Wednesday and decided that I needed a reward. My favorite restaurant in town offers a salmon and risottto lunch. I went there as my reward. I have been there MANY times before and loved it. This time, however, it was so so so fatty I was ill. They put a "finishing" oil on the salmon (already a fatty fish), and about 2 tablespoons of butter on top of the rice. I could not finish it. Then, like you, I had stomach gurgles the rest of the night and into the next morning. I took Zantac, drank baking soda in water, ate Rolaids. Nothing helped. So I guess that I can no longer eat alot of oil/fat either.
  • fp64
    fp64 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    my tolerance to crap food is shrinking, don't know if it's because I'm eating less of it or just getting close to 50
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I go out to eat frequently but I always eat within my calories and one day I decided I was going to order a greasy pasta dish that I knew was terrible for me. Big mistake! I was so sick because my body wasn't used to that stuff anymore. Worst part is I was an hour from home going to a NHL hockey game. Let's just say I spent most the time in the bathroom :grumble:

Lesson learned. lol.
  • gemmaleigh1989
    gemmaleigh1989 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how the body works. I guess it just gives us more motivation to stay away from bad food. I won't be wanting to go through this again in a hurry!
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Same has happened to me, when I want to gorge myself I remember how it affects me physically aside from mentally and it makes it easier to say no
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Okay, but pizza isn't bad food!
  • whitmars106
    whitmars106 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. I had some cheetos, and not even 30 minutes later I was running to the bathroom! I decided to incorporate chips a bit more into my diet, because I do like chips, but I don't want to run to the bathroom every time I have them. Pizza makes me extraordinarily gassy, and fast food has a tendency to upset my stomach as well. Luckily though, I don't eat it that often anymore, so it's not something I choose to deal with regularly! I'd say despite the icky circumstances, that's a great NSV to notice the foods you used to eat so regularly are now upsetting your body due to your better eating choices!
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    That happens to a lot of us. I had a taco bell burrito and I was sick for 24 hours.
  • tammymusic1
    tammymusic1 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    yes i feel the same I have been trying to avoid processed and fast food. Last night I had some processed egg rolls omsh I felt so sick.
  • salcha76
    salcha76 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    same tummy issues with me....had 2 slices of pizza and my stomach couldn't take it...not good....makes me happy that i've become more accostomed to the good healthy stuff instead:)
  • gemmaleigh1989
    gemmaleigh1989 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Okay, but pizza isn't bad food!

You're joking right? This wasn't home made pizza!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    So what you're saying is... keep eating bad food? :D
  • rluedtke
    Options
    Same here. I can't eat anything deep fried anymore.
  • darkheart
    darkheart Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I had a delicious surf and turf meal last night and the steak was cooked in a buttload of butter. That was followed by a beer and chocolate pairing and I have the worst stomach ache today and a headache. I also feel blah. I don't regret any bit of it, but yeesh. I didn't realize it'd be this bad!
  • LitaRose77
    LitaRose77 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My system is that way with grease, but it is due to my Victoza that I take. If I eat something that has too much grease, I get sick to my stomch. I've been trying to stay away from the fast food type of stuff...but the last 2 weeks I lost that fight, since I was home sick & in no mood too cook. I am back on track now, thankfully & surprisingly I lost weight the 2 weeks I was sick. Hopefully that means I am past my plateau for the meantime.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Actually, since not having touched McD's in about 3 years, whenever I wander past, I think, "What an odd smell!" Before, I am sure it made me want to have something.
  • Green_eyed_beauty
    Green_eyed_beauty Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about this!! I had that happen the other night when I had a meal out and my stomach beat me up for it all day the next day. Definately a motivator to keep my semi- clean eating habits up!
  • odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! Last night I went out to try this locally brewed but kinda world famous beer [Pliny the Younger] and it's about 10% alcohol. They only serve it in 10oz glasses so I had one ad had the hardest time finishing my second, I had to give most of it to my roommate just because my stomach was starting to hurt. I'm not looking forward to having to eat out next weekend on a work trip, but hopefully the breakfast at the hotel won't suck...