My body can't tolerate bad food anymore! How about you?

Options

Replies

• Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Melted cheese can also be hard on digestive systems, esp for those with IBS.

Umm, yeah, I found that out. Had a business dinner at a fondue restaurant in Zurich a couple of years ago and everything in the main course was dipped in pots of lovely melted cheese laced with a little schnapps. All of us (including the locals) reported lying awake at night as our bodies worked overtime to digest dinner!
  • smileytrysh
    smileytrysh Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Okay, but pizza isn't bad food!

You're joking right? This wasn't home made pizza!

What makes it so bad then?

The processed nature of takeout pizza is what makes it unhealthy. Every ingredient processed and unrefined leaving your body with a lot of calories, higher blood pressure and blood sugar for a lot less nutrients than you can get out of whole foods.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    I have really bad IBS and I get more stomach pain from "healthy" food than I do from "bad" food...
    that's because "bad" food is easier to digest and gives you fewer nutrients, so your body doesn't have to work as hard to turn it into chyme (digest it and turn it into stomach mush) and that may be because you have insufficient stomach acid... have you ever had it tested?

sorry to hear you're dealing with that!
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I had a big meal at Fridays last night (allowed myself to eat the whole burger, all of fries and a sguary lemonade drink). i've been full and bloated all day! My body is getting way more used to portion control.
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Good job!!!! Most fast food I can't eat unless I have a salad or something. Forget an entire chocolate bar. And I can only have a few sips of soda. Sometimes it is frustrating, but it makes us healthy right?? Keep it up! Great job!!
  • samiott
    samiott Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Okay, but pizza isn't bad food!

You're joking right? This wasn't home made pizza!

What makes it so bad then?

The processed nature of takeout pizza is what makes it unhealthy. Every ingredient processed and unrefined leaving your body with a lot of calories, higher blood pressure and blood sugar for a lot less nutrients than you can get out of whole foods.

Totally agree! I have talked with my doctor and nutritionist and ANY processed foods are NOT healthy. With so many people defending pizza on this thread, it's no wonder we have a morbid obesity epidemic!
  • amandatapar
    amandatapar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I can't either now. I've eaten healthy now for 6.5 months and I veered off plan one meal 1.5 months in and I was sick to my stomach for almost two days. So definitely no cheat meals for me.
  • crevices
    crevices Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    i stopped eating bread for a large amount of time and i was working at a catering company and they had so much delicious bread, i had a few pieces and for the rest of the day i was sitting on the toilet....everything came back out LOL.. same happens with any food i havent eaten in a while that my body isnt used to
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I had fried scampi and mushrooms, and some chips (UK) for dinner last night. I didn't feel sick, it tasted OK but mostly I felt "meh, whatever" about it. Like, that used to be my jam after a few pints of beer in the past. Some things that used to be indulgence for me aren't as interesting anymore. But I know that isn't such a bad thing.
  • AA1ex
    AA1ex Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Yes! I eat pretty well sometimes a little ice cream or a piece of candy. Now if I drink soda I now get sick but that is only the beginning. I use to love burritos from Moe's, chipotle, or taco bell and that just can't happen unless I want a food hangover ( that's what I call it because that is how I feel). Fuddruckers though has been the hands down worse for me, I was sick for immediately after and the rest of the next day.
  • Stephanie198907
    Stephanie198907 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I am experiencing this very feeling right now. This was my cheat weekend and my body is not responding very well to processed foods. This weekend I reintroduced processed sugar, wheat, flour, rice, and fried foods into my diet. I regret eating so much. My stomach will not stay quiet!
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I don't know I enjoy eating good choice foods I call them and haven't tried the bad food for about a year, no desire for it at this time.
  • Eaving1
    Eaving1 Posts: 40
    Options
    My favourite food before starting a diet 3 months ago was chips and gravy, deep fried deliciousness. But last week, I had it for my treat day and oh god.... It didn't end well. Not only did it taste like greasy, slimy crap but there was definately a tummy-ache involved.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I've never been able to tolerate bad food.

That's why I don't eat kale or asparagus.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    Totally agree! I have talked with my doctor and nutritionist and ANY processed foods are NOT healthy. With so many people defending pizza on this thread, it's no wonder we have a morbid obesity epidemic!
    Lol, love it when the food snobs try to make people sound inferior to them. There are lots of fit and healthy people on this site (me being one of them) that have pizza in moderation. As well as processed foods and "junk" food too.
    Just in case you didn't know, obesity is DIRECTLY caused by over consumption of food. And that could mean whole homemade nutritionally dense food too.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Same. I get wicked indigestion from fried food. I had chocolate for the first time in a month and got a migraine.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    ....... followed by ice cream. Boy does my body hate me for it! I've been up all night with a gurgling sstomache and it's purely the noise keeping me awake lol. I had more immediate effects too if you catch my drift. I find this interesting because although I consumed a lot of calories, I didn't eat until I was completely stuffed and feeling so full and sick I couldn't move. Despite the bad effects, it makes me happy Coz I feel it means my body is taking on positive changes from my new lifestyle!

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Any chance you could be lactose intolerant? I ask because I am lactose intolerant. I found this out by doing a vegetarian no dairy eating plan for a few months, then decided I wanted some dairy. Well, was I ever sorry because of the horrible stomach upset.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    Oh, to answer your question- it depends on the food. Dairy and soy make me downright sick. I have to be careful with the sugar due to an insensitivity, but I allow myself a treat in moderation once in awhile.

However, I just don't find myself craving sweets that much.

As for food, there is none that is good or bad. It depends on what you can and cannot tolerate.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    I've never been able to tolerate bad food.

That's why I don't eat kale or asparagus.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Love it.