My body can't tolerate bad food anymore! How about you?

Options

Replies

• ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    My tongue can't tolerate bad tasting food

Everything else I am fine with
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    That happens to me too - fried foods wreck my digestive system
  • artex1024
    artex1024 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Yes! I can't eat fast food or anything fried or I feel like crap all day. I just get sick to my stomach and I want to curl up and die. lol
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Not only does it disagree with me it doesn't taste good. Around Christmas I took the kids to Mcdonalds, they wanted to play on the play land. I didn't get anything for me. Figure I'd wait till I got home to have something good. My 3 yr old took one bite of her burger and wouldn't touch it again. I didn't want it to go to waste and I was hungry, I took one bite and threw the rest away. I couldn't eat it, it tasted awful.
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    My body, bless it, tolerates just about anything, but I just don't like fried/greasy/over-sweetened/processed food. A little goes a long way. After a few months of avoiding high-fructose corn syrup, (most) refined sugar, grease and fat, and eating mostly fresh fruits and veggies and things prepared from scratch, most of the bad food just doesn't appeal to me. I can eat one onion ring and that's enough.

It's interesting to read the stories from people who go on the cleanse diets. Once they get unhealthy foods out of their system, they find they have less tolerance when they try them again.
  • ToughTulip
    Options
    Okay, but pizza isn't bad food!

You're joking right? This wasn't home made pizza!

What makes it so bad then?
  • xjackie83
    xjackie83 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I can't eat most fast food now. It just tastes bad. Same with a lot of the "lower" quality chain family restaurants. I went to Logan's and ordered a steak the other day and everything about the meal tasted bad. Except the bread. I'm a huge bread lover.

And soda. I hate it now. Coca-Cola use to be my favorite thing ever to drink. Now the flavor of it is just bitter and burns my mouth and throat. Same with Sprite. It tastes sour, sweet, and awful.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I wish. No matter how much good food it gets, no matter for how long it gets it, my body acts like a kid on freaking Christmas morning when it gets junk food. My brain perks up, my body feels all happy and bouncy...it's a jerk that way.
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I know this phenommina as well. Feeling gross, lathargic, and bloated... keeps me from eating some of those foods now. I would rather not have to worry about feeling gross. Not that I don't EVER, but it is a lot easier to pass up temptations when you know the chances of feeling disgusting are pretty good.
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Greasy food gets to me now I've pretty much stopped eating all fast food because of it. Some things I can still handle, like an egg McMuffin or grilled chicken sandwich, but fast food burgers and fries no longer appeal to me.

I still get pizza about once a week and don't consider it a "bad" food. I've changed how I order it though. I get a thin crust when possible and order all the veggies with ham. My wife and I split a small now instead of a medium and we start with a salad.
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options

For starters... carbs and sodium, then there is the high amount of fat from the cheese, which isn't counting the other fats from any additional meat toppings... Not the most unhealthy, but not a good choice as a "typical" meal.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    For starters... carbs and sodium, then there is the high amount of fat from the cheese, which isn't counting the other fats from any additional meat toppings... Not the most unhealthy, but not a good choice as a "typical" meal.

That doesn't make the food bad. That makes it more likely for someone to shove too much of it into their face. It's calorically and nutritionally dense, not "bad".

Chicken wings are very similar, just without the carbs, due to their higher fat content. Wings are bad, eh?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    To me, bad food is bood that is spoiled or has a flavor that I don't like. As far as tolerance, I can't eat as much in one sitting as I used to be able to, but other than that, I eat the same as always, no intolerances.
  • ToughTulip
    Options

sodium isn't exactly the devil, and neither are carbs nor fat.

If you are eating it everyday than you could have a problem, but occasionally eating it isn't enough to label it "bad" in my opinion.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Carbs, sodium, cheese......sounds like things that our body needs, not bad things at all.
  • LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I'm the same. I can't tolerate indian food anymore (used to LOVE it). I find it too rich and my stomach just wants to reject it in disgusting ways. Also deep fried food just makes my stomach twist in knots. I think it's a great thing! I do enjoy a good slice of pizza though. But I try to order the thin crust, whole wheat kind and pair it with a salad. That doesn't hurt my tummy.
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    My body doesn't seem to like heavily processed foods. I used to think it was normal to eat all those damn tums but apparently deep fried food and me aren't really friends. I get wicked belly bloat and cramps..

Carbs, sodium, cheese are not bad. You need:

-Carbs for energy-especially if you lift weights.

-Sodium (especially if you are sweating a lot ot maintain proper electrolyte balance.. too low can actually result in cardiac dysrhythmias

-Cheese is fine. don't pour a cup on your enchiladas but we all need fat.

The key with everything in life is balance. Find it, don't deny yourself everything and you'll be happier and more successful in the long run.
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah. Wait until about a year or two passes.....it's insane!
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm not looking forward to having to eat out next weekend on a work trip, but hopefully the breakfast at the hotel won't suck...

A little OT, but my staples from the typical breakfast bar are a couple of hard-boiled eggs (I throw away the yolks and feel a bit guilty) and unflavored instant oatmeal. The last place we stayed they had prepared oatmeal and it was sweetened, which was a big disappointment. I may add a little brown sugar, but let ME choose the quantity, please!
  • ConnieAGinther
    ConnieAGinther Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    My daughter had surgery yesterday so we had to eat hospital food. Luckily, they had a grilled chicken sandwich with American Cheese so I had that and decided to try onion rings - OMG, I am glad I only ate about 5 of them. I felt so sick to my stomach. Glad my husband was there to help with the onion rings. The grilled chicken was awesome.